State of the Game

Your comment plays out like one of the thousand that this thread made fun of at it's start. It's ok...you're upset people are crapping on something you dont want them to even though you can't just dismiss their crapping like one used to be able to .. so just ignore it. if it's overblown and without real merit, it wont really matter or impact anything and you can just outlast it..like long time players have outlasted so many other other ebbs in the game.
Gosh, did you miss the goal there! I don't give a rat's rear end about what people may decide to crap on, but you don't appear to be able to realise that, the butthurt maunderings of the few (your good self included) over a piece of recreational software, as if it was something of major importance, is what amuses me most.

To 'make a case' over a few with 'hurt feelings' and dismiss it would be like a "you" - "no U" pantomime, those who are 'offended' by Odyssey cannot be helped, and are unable to help themselves - walking away is the answer, but too few do, preferring to regurgitate the same complaints even when action to negate the issue has been underway.

Never mind, I get my amusement, they get theirs and one of us just gets on enjoying recreational software without tears...

Do you know, I spent £50 buying Cyberpunk 2077, really disliked the game, but the only comment I left on the forum was that Johnny usurped my own character. Here there are people who are acting as if £30 for an expansion (that they may dislike for their own reasons) is as big a commitment as buying their home (perhaps for some it is, I don't know!) just amazing!

Do you know, I spent £50 buying Cyberpunk 2077, really disliked the game, but the only comment I left on the forum was that Johnny usurped my own character. Here there are people who are acting as if £30 for an expansion (that they may dislike for their own reasons) is as big a commitment as buying their home (perhaps for some it is, I don't know!) just amazing!
30€ is nothing to you, but it's a lot to me. And it's so absolutely nothing it would need another 0 to actually be worth mentioning for my stepfather family (they literally owned a castle, they sold it because it was too big for them).

Money is relative.

Gosh, did you miss the goal there! I don't give a rat's rear end about what people may decide to crap on, but you don't appear to be able to realise that, the butthurt maunderings of the few (your good self included) over a piece of recreational software, as if it was something of major importance, is what amuses me most.

To 'make a case' over a few with 'hurt feelings' and dismiss it would be like a "you" - "no U" pantomime, those who are 'offended' by Odyssey cannot be helped, and are unable to help themselves - walking away is the answer, but too few do, preferring to regurgitate the same complaints even when action to negate the issue has been underway.

Never mind, I get my amusement, they get theirs and one of us just gets on enjoying recreational software without tears...

Should we slow clap that you didn't leave a scathing review and demand your money back?

if you dont care, then why does people who do care bother you so much that you frequently jump to state how above all of that hubbub and negativity you are and how taking the bad on the chin without complaint or giving up are the only options?

there's going along with it, demanding it to be changed, or giving up. Demanding change may not be hopeful in your eyes of working, but it seems to be still viable for most or the forum would be pretty dead since demanding change is basically all it's ever done. Though that's giving way to giving up more and more these days.

in other unrelated news. They're making a Dark City tv series.

Last edited:
They're making a Dark City tv series.
tumblr_pjh0fcnSWQ1rmr4sl_500.gifv

Should we slow clap that you didn't leave a scathing review and demand your money back?
No, I really do enjoy playing ED in both of its expansions, hearty applause and adulation will do until I can think a better form of hero-worship for you.

True, the forum has, ever since I found it, had plenty of suggestions from people to change the game to meet their own personal view of "what it should be", or "should have been"

Even when 'the community' (a joke in itself!) were fully aware of the content being delivered in Odyssey (which we had in alpha) there was much wailing that it was expected to be something else entirely and it should be changed before being released! The 'PvP community' complain that their chosen style isn't supported - yet it wasn't when they bought it either, explorers complain that they are neglected and very 'hard done by' because whatever they perceived exploration 'should be' never was, and still isn't, but they still purchased the game knowing its 'failings'... Do you want me to go on?

Am IU theonly person who looked at what the game offered, before purchasing it, and thought "that will do"? The same with the Odyssey DLC, I looked at what we were being offered and elected to spend my money "that will do"... I may not have expected it to have quite so many issues, but they will either get resolved or Frontier will be obliged to pull the expansion and refund. Either will do for me.

Why are Frontier throwing resources at this DLC when they managed to ignore doing so with their expansion previously? Do you need me to inform you, or are you able to deduce the reason yourself?

All i can offer to the spoon discussion is kale soup.

Now i must go down to the sea again...

(there were cat memes...there were supposed to be cat memes!!! I shall ponder on a solution to this later maybe i should check my kernel🤔)
Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!

No, I really do enjoy playing ED in both of its expansions, hearty applause and adulation will do until I can think a better form of hero-worship for you.

True, the forum has, ever since I found it, had plenty of suggestions from people to change the game to meet their own personal view of "what it should be", or "should have been"

Even when 'the community' (a joke in itself!) were fully aware of the content being delivered in Odyssey (which we had in alpha) there was much wailing that it was expected to be something else entirely and it should be changed before being released! The 'PvP community' complain that their chosen style isn't supported - yet it wasn't when they bought it either, explorers complain that they are neglected and very 'hard done by' because whatever they perceived exploration 'should be' never was, and still isn't, but they still purchased the game knowing its 'failings'... Do you want me to go on?
You pretend like the game isn't marketed to those outside of the current userbase as something quite different than what those of us who have been playing it are used to.

Even on the current store page they showcase a dangerous galaxy. They show excitement and showcase the MMO aspect of the game. It's not like they give everyone a taste of how the game actually plays for people so that they're making as informed of a decision in purchasing the game as someone who has been playing it for years (or even weeks) would have.

And the wants by those players who have that experience are not new to odyssey. It stems not from some widespread hysteria that only a few (such as yourself) are immune to. It stems from the incompleteness of what exists, regardless of your personal idea of how it should be completed. That incompleteness is felt on a very tangible level by players and it wants to be finished. It wants to not be in the state that it's in. That drives players to compete in a competition that is very likely pointless given the years such incomplete things have existed, but in the absence of that, is hopelessness and for many, that fight - however futile - is better than accepting that.

it's not like they're not still playing and potentially having fun. you can do both at the same time.

Am IU theonly person who looked at what the game offered, before purchasing it, and thought "that will do"? The same with the Odyssey DLC, I looked at what we were being offered and elected to spend my money "that will do"... I may not have expected it to have quite so many issues, but they will either get resolved or Frontier will be obliged to pull the expansion and refund. Either will do for me.

Why are Frontier throwing resources at this DLC when they managed to ignore doing so with their expansion previously? Do you need me to inform you, or are you able to deduce the reason yourself?

how would they get resolved or really any of this change without the reaction that it's had ? Slowly or never considering what they were willing to release now feeling like a progression in the wrong direction from previous releases. if Fdev is ok with leaving issues unresolved for months because it's not on their priority list . or even years in the case of things like anti-aliasing and the like... then why is it suddenly now that those things are being addressed? Why not at any time in the last half decade when things were handled differently and with less vocal outrage? Why is it now that there is traction where before there was silence?

You're getting issues fixed (or at least actually addressed) now that you likely wouldn't have had if things continued the way they were. So you can thank all of those players who are flipping their lids rather than quietly abandoning the game so that your game play improves. And you can thank the fact that they are in such large numbers that your continued demure response is not a factor in hindering that acceleration towards a better game.

Meanwhile, i guess i'll just adapt to not looking at any hud pages while mining because of yet another odyssey bug that was introduced and refrain from creating a thread to flame about it because i'm sure will be resolved in a timely manner with a simple submission to the issue tracker like so many other issues have been and totally not auto-closed or lost in the sea of other bugs.

whether you agree with it or not, the outrage is seemingly effective. And that's on fdev not the players. Being cordial about it should have been effective enough to not lead to this.

and i can deduce the reason why fdev is responding the way they are with this dlc and it has absolutely nothing to do with caring about the game. They are in damage control as this reaction to the game is currently hurting the company as a whole and potentially impacting the future of it in ways beyond just the financial impact of not making as much money as they thought on it. Future deals could see this (if it fully flops) as a huge black eye and maybe pick a different developer for their IP.. Perhaps a company decides to not buy Fdev because of this if history remembers it as a failure. Fdev cares about that. obviously. That's why they're doing all of this stuff that they're doing ..while they didn't do such things in the past despite similar bouts of bugs and regressions in a release.

Last edited:
Hell yeah! Best death in any film, period! 😏

Definitely!

You pretend like the game isn't marketed to those outside of the current userbase as something quite different than what those of us who have been playing it are used to.

Even on the current store page they showcase a dangerous galaxy. They show excitement and showcase the MMO aspect of the game. It's not like they give everyone a taste of how the game actually plays for people so that they're making as informed of a decision in purchasing the game as someone who has been playing it for years (or even weeks) would have.

And the wants by those players who have that experience are not new to odyssey. It stems not from some widespread hysteria that only a few (such as yourself) are immune to. It stems from the incompleteness of what exists, regardless of your personal idea of how it should be completed. That incompleteness is felt on a very tangible level by players and it wants to be finished. It wants to not be in the state that it's in. That drives players to compete in a competition that is very likely pointless given the years such incomplete things have existed, but in the absence of that, is hopelessness and for many, that fight - however futile - is better than accepting that.

it's not like they're not still playing and potentially having fun. you can do both at the same time.

how would they get resolved or really any of this change without the reaction that it's had ? Slowly or never considering what they were willing to release now feeling like a progression in the wrong direction from previous releases. if Fdev is ok with leaving issues unresolved for months because it's not on their priority list . or even years in the case of things like anti-aliasing and the like... then why is it suddenly now that those things are being addressed? Why not at any time in the last half decade when things were handled differently and with less vocal outrage? Why is it now that there is traction where before there was silence?

You're getting issues fixed (or at least actually addressed) now that you likely wouldn't have had if things continued the way they were. So you can thank all of those players who are flipping their lids rather than quietly abandoning the game so that your game play improves. And you can thank the fact that they are in such large numbers that your continued demure response is not a factor in hindering that acceleration towards a better game.

Meanwhile, i guess i'll just adapt to not looking at any hud pages while mining because of yet another odyssey bug that was introduced and refrain from creating a thread to flame about it because i'm sure will be resolved in a timely manner with a simple submission to the issue tracker like so many other issues have been and totally not auto-closed or lost in the sea of other bugs.

whether you agree with it or not, the outrage is seemingly effective. And that's on fdev not the players. Being cordial about it should have been effective enough to not lead to this.

I like bacon.

how would they get resolved or really any of this change without the reaction that it's had
I shall explain then, as you have failed to grasp it...
It has nothing to do with noisy players, but everything to do with abysmal press reviews and rapidly falling share prices as a result of releasing the expansion in such a state.

All of the 'benefits' we are getting now is because of money - the international language - as a publisher for both own and 3rd party titles, negative trading and press releases speak far louder than bleating customers, who have been bleating since gamma about the stuff the game 'should have been!'
That incompleteness is felt on a very tangible level by players
Really? Shouldn't there be a "some" preceding 'players'?
... and back to the usual, you really dislike this game and its developer, why are you still here?

Back
Top Bottom