State of the Game

I would like to meet the artist behind this Bio... I'm certain they have some interesting stories to tell! :ROFLMAO:

thing.jpg

Truly!

I shall explain then, as you have failed to grasp it...
It has nothing to do with noisy players, but everything to do with abysmal press reviews and rapidly falling share prices as a result of releasing the expansion in such a state.
yea, those press reviews and share prices and the noisy players are not related at all.

Most of the reviews talk about player reception ..they build off that, and it sets the tone from the onset. If you think they're not related then you are living in a bubble. The storm originates from the players. Even fdev understood that and has focused on addressing the players as directly as they can...not putting out press releases, but in forum posts.

That's not something that is done to make it look good for the press (the press doesn't really care all that much about elite dangerous anyway). They did that because it's the focal point of the bad press and bad reviews and just overall Doomsy sentiment.

All of the 'benefits' we are getting now is because of money - the international language - as a publisher for both own and 3rd party titles, negative trading and press releases speak far louder than bleating customers, who have been bleating since gamma about the stuff the game 'should have been!'

Really? Shouldn't there be a "some" preceding 'players'?

... and back to the usual, you really dislike this game and its developer, why are you still here?
Money that is now being impacted because of those bleating customers. Impacts that are forcing a correction in undesirable handling of development / progression that has festered for a long time.

The bleating players are responsible for the difference in visibility here ...not the players who would otherwise let it go and the press fed off the players ...not the other way around.

i dont dislike the game (just a number of aspects of it) but the development studio .. yea.. they are bad at what they do lately and not impressive in the least.

if i disliked the game i'd have been gone long ago. I probably like it more than you do.

Last edited:
Good god I'd never use it in one of my curries, it would ruin a lot of them.

I've tried Maggi in Chinese cookery and again its flavour is way too off the reservation when you have the smooth subtle soy sauce. Its like a Beef and Tomato Pot Noodle beefy flavour, strong and potent.
I got it wrong. Wrong continent - not Indian - African Cuisine... My unreserved apologies for maligning your culinary skills. Forgive me!

- yes steam has had massively negative reviews - I've even read a few hundred of them - but here, try counting the numbers actively complaining, including yourself, of course - as continual snipes against Frontier are your stock in trade apparently - they are not a majority.
I hate to discuss on topic, but come on Ratty- forum posts as evidence of anything? "How many forum posters say they hate it, huh?" is literally the worst piece of evidence I have seen in the statistically filthy back and forth over whether it's doing okay. This makes the "but the steam charts!" evidence look like a clinical trial.

I doubt I will get EDO because I haven't seen a single thing in the expansion that interests me, it really looks like I would waste my time by booting it up even if I was lucky enough for it to run well. That isn't true of you, and I am glad that you are having fun! Neither position amounts to a hill of beans in this crazy argument.

I hate to discuss on topic, but come on Ratty- forum posts as evidence of anything?
As much evidence as is often used here...
A bit like the steam charts, useful as a trend, but not a lot else.

Never mind, mindsets are odd things...

But anyone thinking players are the driving force behind Frontier throwing even more money into the PC build of Odyssey are deluding themselves, it is all about money (and perceived reputation) and business. Frontier, for once, has been affected negatively financially as the press surrounding 'the biggest expansion ever to ED' was sufficiently ascerbic for some shareholders to be concerned over the profits attached to their 'investment' to the extent that selling was a good idea!

Had there not been such a costly backlash to Frontier it would have probably just continued to optimise for console, as originally announced.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom