State of the Game

I could have, if i had actually cared about the response. I dont. It was likely either an unfunny post by someone who knew the tiling joke ...or someone who didn't and was being literal. Either option isn't really worth clarification. But it is worth commenting on because it is a good analogue to how communicating over zoom and the like is at times - and that was amusing to me to consider how that would look in regular text communications.

But go on.. keep trying to spin it. getting offended over nothing is amusing as well as we wait for update 10 reactions.

You need to work out how best to use zoom. There are some good YouTube tutorials out there.

(I hope I spelt youtoob right, else I'm a total boob)

Oh, so I was right and it really is simply condescension...

if i wanted to be condescending, i'd have corrected his statement for him, and asked if he really meant to say that ...or just laughed at his post because it made zero sense as written, or actually talk to the poster vs the post. Or i'd have turned it into a page of discussion built around how what might have been a phone typing failure of a throwaway post and picked apart just how many different ways we can properly respond to such a broken statement.

being interested in what it really meant is just not as interesting as what it was by accident or intention. That's not condescending, condescending is what i'm doing right now to you in defining what condescension is under the assumption that you dont know what it is because you're labelling things wrong that you think are that thing. Condescension requires talking down to someone to explain something you dont think they know when they do know in a way that is usually demeaning or disrespectful.

You need to work out how best to use zoom. There are some good YouTube tutorials out there.

(I hope I spelt youtoob right, else I'm a total boob)

it actually appears to be tied to multicast packets and my always fun realtek ethernet chipset on my firewall computer. At least so far today, there has been no weird network momentary hangs since not adding the multicast route to the network. which i had been adding so that upnp would work properly. So no dropped packets and missing audio.

but it wouldn't be the first time that a potential fix looked like it was working only to have the issue still come up later in the day. Hard to troubleshoot an issue that doesn't produce errors ...and could be related to QoS at any leg of it's journey and is impacted by both the last mile at the sender and receiver.

it actually appears to be tied to multicast packets and my always fun realtek ethernet chipset on my firewall computer. At least so far today, there has been no weird network momentary hangs since not adding the multicast route to the network. which i had been adding so that upnp would work properly. So no dropped packets and missing audio.

but it wouldn't be the first time that a potential fix looked like it was working only to have the issue still come up later in the day. Hard to troubleshoot an issue that doesn't produce errors ...and could be related to QoS at any leg of it's journey and is impacted by both the last mile at the sender and receiver.

I really couldn't give less of a crap.

quote-seeds-to-plant.png

I really couldn't give less of a crap.

I didn't think so. Which is why i told you.

Also update on the epoxy job! no body part glued to anything yet...no fires either. two main countertops are complete. Got sink out and that island-esque counter is 1/2 done. Gotta do the clearcoat still on it but it's coming out pretty sexy so far. Probably able to re-install the sink (install a brand new one rather) by thursday. Then it's just one more counter left. The epoxy upgrade over laminate is crazy nice.

Top Bottom