Station near Sag A* is here.

The second CG is specifically to add services to the station. If it started out with all the services people considered "the basics" (repair, refuel, restock, contacts, missions) plus the services necessary to run a mining CG at all (commodity, outfitting) plus the cartographics service so people can sell their data before doing the CG ... then all the "add services" CG would have *left* is the Crew Lounge and the Shipyard, neither of which are massively useful for a station in the middle of nowhere with minimal outfitting.

It's not as if this hasn't been advertised as the plan since before DW2 set off...
DW Organisers: "How about an expedition to the other side of the galaxy that builds a station at the core?"
Frontier: "Sure, sounds good. One CG to build the shell and one to outfit it."
Players: <do first CG>
Frontier: "Tier 11?! Okay, you can have a bigger station than a Coriolis."
Frontier/DW Organisers: "Here's a station with minimal services and the second CG will complete it"
Players: "This is ridiculous, it should have all the services to start with!"

The second CG is specifically to add services to the station. If it started out with all the services people considered "the basics" (repair, refuel, restock, contacts, missions) plus the services necessary to run a mining CG at all (commodity, outfitting) plus the cartographics service so people can sell their data before doing the CG ... then all the "add services" CG would have *left* is the Crew Lounge and the Shipyard, neither of which are massively useful for a station in the middle of nowhere with minimal outfitting.

It's not as if this hasn't been advertised as the plan since before DW2 set off...
DW Organisers: "How about an expedition to the other side of the galaxy that builds a station at the core?"
Frontier/DW Organisers: "Here's a station with minimal services and the second CG will complete it"

Yep agreed. Normally not even outfitting should be there.

Also you can’t sell exploration data at it yet

...... pffffffftttttttt whaaaat??? Lol. So effectively all the explorers out there mining and delivering stuff just unwhittingly made a station useless to explorers, but is a great restock station for Sag gankers? 😂😂😂😂

*for now* anyway I see. Still, at the moment, watch your back bois. Can’t drop the expo data but can outfit and restock. Yikes.

Last edited:
It's a place to deliver mined stuff, out in the middle of nowhere. Bonus: if you fly into an asteroid and explode, you restart right there.

How much more capabilities it gets... is up to the mining.

...... pffffffftttttttt whaaaat??? Lol. So effectively all the explorers out there mining and delivering stuff just unwhittingly made a station useless to explorers, but is a great restock station for Sag gankers? &#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;

*for now* anyway I see. Still, at the moment, watch your back bois. Can’t drop the expo data but can outfit and restock. Yikes.

Yup, I'm going back to Mobius for the CG. No need to risk all for nothing.

I heard it stated several times by those whose opinions I normally respect that the station would have a shipyard from the start, and I thought to myself, "That'll be nice. What am I going to do if it doesn't?"

Participation in the second Community Goal really counts. It was unlikely that Frontier would have let the first one fail, but ISTR that Obsidian Orbital was left without a shipyard when the CG to equip it underperformed.

A station at Sag A will make the ideal base for explorers, and for anyone who wants to devote their game to hunting down Rumours if and when they start showing up in the Codex. Contributing to making the station as well equipped as possible, even if you're not yourself into these activities, is one of the most worthwhile things there's ever been to do in this game.

BTW, is there a fIrm date yet for the start of the CG? I'm assuming two weeks from today, but then I thought they wouldn't put the station in till next Thursday so what do I know?

Last edited:
A station at Sag A will make the ideal base for explorers, and for anyone who wants to devote their game to hunting down Rumours if and when they start showing up in the Codex. Contributing to making the station as well equipped as possible, even if you're not yourself into these activities, is one of the most worthwhile things there's ever been to do in this game.

I'd really like to help out with this. Can you share any more information about the CG? I have never actually participated in one before, *blush*. I'm currently exploring in the Norma Expanse, but should be able to get to Sag A in time, just not sure I'm set up right.

I'd really like to help out with this. Can you share any more information about the CG? I have never actually participated in one before, *blush*. I'm currently exploring in the Norma Expanse, but should be able to get to Sag A in time, just not sure I'm set up right.

It would be nice if someone with actual knowledge could chip in; all I can do is make reasonable assumptions.

I'm assuming it'll be an old-style mining CG. If so, you will be able to get the modules you need to participate at the new station; but not, strangely enough, limpets. However, iron and nickel mats for limpet synthesis can be picked up as you mine. If you have neither you might have to start by scooping up some.

I'm guessing that it'll start a week on Thursday; again, I'd love it if somebody could offer a confirmed date.

Edit: I asked over on the DW2 subforum and was pointed to this post:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...e-FG-Y-d7561?p=7433610&viewfull=1#post7433610

Last edited:
Yep I was close by the system anyways and figured I'd go and cash in my latest 2 weeks or so exploration data. And yes to my dismay, no Universal Cartographic available to sell. No ammo restock or repairs. Just fuel and missions people with no missions at all. Very basic, but at least it's a big station, despite being a few 1000's ls from the main star you jump in to...

Hook up with someone who has some repair limpets. Am feeling like crap, will probably stay in this weekend and head out there, PM me if you need some help.

Thank you very much man, hope you get better soon. I am ok for now, but i thought repairs would be nice because apart from the mining gear, i have also stored weapons and stuff to call. Distant ganks will be there for sure, but without repairs and crew lounge, its gonna be difficult. We 'll work around it.

It would be nice if someone with actual knowledge could chip in; all I can do is make reasonable assumptions.

I'm assuming it'll be an old-style mining CG. If so, you will be able to get the modules you need to participate at the new station; but not, strangely enough, limpets. However, iron and nickel mats for limpet synthesis can be picked up as you mine. If you have neither you might have to start by scooping up some.

I'm guessing that it'll start a week on Thursday; again, I'd love it if somebody could offer a confirmed date.

Edit: I asked over on the DW2 subforum and was pointed to this post:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...e-FG-Y-d7561?p=7433610&viewfull=1#post7433610

Thanks CMDR, as it happens I will have some free time which coincides with this CG, so may well be able to really get involved, which will be cool. I am currently in a Krait Phantom without any mining gear, I find myself contemplating having my trusty mining Python transferred from the bubble, there's a way to blow some of that VO wealth!

Top Bottom