Status on Gnosis-related Bugs

The forum today:

Us2NDxK.jpg

Weaving story into the Gnosis is cool, having Thargoids blockade / attack the Gnosis in-game is cool - unexpected. The Jump did happen as we expected on schedule, but the destination wasn't reached.. weave in a story line - thats fine.

However, the execution has been a complete and utter gong show. Once again players are let down by FD shoddy QA - this isn't a one off - it happens far too regularly. Features that are broken straight from release. Don't you lot have retrospectives on projects? Don't you learn from your mistakes?

Galnet article being released hours earlier - we read about events hours before they occurred!!! That was extremely poor. Whats wrong with publishing during down time?

“For me there is a lot of over reaction here.

FDev try to work the fact Gnosis is not allowed to jump into cone sector into part of the narrative.

It goes slightly wrong with Galnet article early release, plus bugs on site. This is just standard FDev IMO, not making excuses for it, but we've seen it enough times to know it isn't unlikely.

Galnet articles have warned for days Thargoids are in the area.

People are complaining about being mis-lead, etc, etc.

Can't help feeling, the silly bugs and Galnet stuff aside which obviously shouldn't happen as much as they do, that FDev are in a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation.

Personally I'm going to enjoy what's happening around the Gnosis and see what happens.”

You guys are part of the problem.

Players give feedback and then you forum dads get on and fawn all over Fdev hoping for an atta-boy from Zac or another dev.

Stop. Just stop.

There are major problems in the game and you are not helping by trying to cover it up.

For some people, any criticism of FD is forbidden. FD can do no wrong, or so some would believe.

ED us a wonderful game but is losing focus, imo. Without justified criticism, it will simply continue to lose focus.

Meanwhile, long-standing bugs (NPC power plant for example) continue to undermine the enjoyment of the game.

Fines

...... so if you encounter any related to the Gnosis and the Thargoid attack, please report them here.

There have been instances where having the goid targeted and hitting another player gives a fine regardless of report crimes off. This can make play unnecessarily difficult. Can it be looked into?

Weaving story into the Gnosis is cool, having Thargoids blockade / attack the Gnosis in-game is cool - unexpected. The Jump did happen as we expected on schedule, but the destination wasn't reached.. weave in a story line - thats fine.

However, the execution has been a complete and utter gong show. Once again players are let down by FD shoddy QA - this isn't a one off - it happens far too regularly. Features that are broken straight from release. Don't you lot have retrospectives on projects? Don't you learn from your mistakes?

Galnet article being released hours earlier - we read about events hours before they occurred!!! That was extremely poor. Whats wrong with publishing during down time?

I may be wrong, but it seems the Elite Dangerous community website isn't run in-house by Frontier. A number of comments I've read around here have led me to believe that the team that runs the website is based in India, and the Galnet report was posted early due to a discrepancy in time zones. Again, I may be wrong, I'm just piecing together stuff from around here.

For some people, any criticism of FD is forbidden. FD can do no wrong, or so some would believe.

ED us a wonderful game but is losing focus, imo. Without justified criticism, it will simply continue to lose focus.

Meanwhile, long-standing bugs (NPC power plant for example) continue to undermine the enjoyment of the game.

I have no issue with criticism.

However in Gnosis case it is obvous that there is something else at play that isn't strictly FD fault. It is people making their own conclusions, getting burned and blaming everybody around them afterwards. And while FD comms regarding releases are valid topic for that matter, I fail to see how FD would have stopped people to make up stuff without spoiling and 4th walling fact everybody understands anyway - locked systems are locked for good reason.

Someone felt very clever trying to jump in locked systems...did they really expect that to happen? Like, why? Also FD signaled to get prepared for attacks.

I am just not digging all this outrage. This is just a game that is unique in that regard that it tries something new. Do you ever wonder why other devs try to steer clear? Now you know.

Last edited:
I have no issue with criticism.

However in Gnosis case it is obvous that there is something else at play that isn't strictly FD fault. It is people making their own conclusions, getting burned and blaming everybody around them afterwards. And while FD comms regarding releases are valid topic for that matter, I fail to see how FD would have stopped people to make up stuff without spoiling and 4th walling fact everybody understands anyway - locked systems are locked for good reason.

Someone felt very clever trying to jump in locked systems...did they really expect that to happen? Like, why? Also FD signaled to get prepared for attacks.

I am just not digging all this outrage. This is just a game that is unique in that regard that it tries something new. Do you ever wonder why other devs try to steer clear? Now you know.

You're doing it again, stop.

FD is forcing player interaction with Thargoids.

Jut like their invasion in Deciat last month.

They have no reason to be there other than FD needs to force players to have interaction with them.

The issue really isn't about a leaked galnet story.. or a buggy event where players are punished for bringing explorer builds to a combat thing.. heck.. it's not even about being destroyed before you even get a chance to take off or being fined for actually defending the Gnosis.

It's about FD forcing you to play this narrative when you wanted to do something else instead.

You're doing it again, stop.

FD is forcing player interaction with Thargoids.

Jut like their invasion in Deciat last month.

They have no reason to be there other than FD needs to force players to have interaction with them.

The issue really isn't about a leaked galnet story.. or a buggy event where players are punished for bringing explorer builds to a combat thing.. heck.. it's not even about being destroyed before you even get a chance to take off or being fined for actually defending the Gnosis.

It's about FD forcing you to play this narrative when you wanted to do something else instead.

He does it all the time, I've learned to just ignore him.

Stepped out of elite for a while, and I was ready to jump back in, feels like nothing has changed though...

Now my thorium salt melt down has cooled off and a few bugs have been fixed. Let’s laugh at what is so typically Elite and get behind fixing the Gnosis. She is the community’s baby and we have several cool things to do with her in the future. FD have responded and fixed as much as they can as quickly as they can. Thank you. Dry up, load up and let’s get her running smooth again. X

Until people with egg on their faces resolve their differences with those who want to eat pie,we should acknowledge that those who grasp at straws should learn to suck it up.No one is forcing anyone to do anything.They have given us the ingredients,what we do with them is up to the individual.Only thyme will tell.

Nope, and looks like Will will not reply to my question about what's plan for the Gnosis. Have plotted a route home that requires 41 jumps using neutron stars.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/445812

basically they are saying that rather than just denying the chance of it they brought us into the storyline. WE CANT GO INTO THE CONE SECTOR YET. its part of future development...

so we got hyperdicted and wont be going there, they brought 11000 members into the midst of the official unveiling of the HYDRA.

This is a HUGE step forwards and gave us all a much bigger part of the storyline..

It is a shame it was a bit buggy, but thargoids are BUGS so its to be expected?

BUT NO WE WONT BE JUMPING IN THERE>

While shooting at goids people still get fines for "reckless weapon discharge" even if the fight takes place millions of meters away from Gnosis.

Top Bottom