Status on Gnosis-related Bugs

Station Fligth Control is still totally happy, brigth, upbeat and unconcerned even while I'm under fire while leaving station or approaching it. Atmosphere -1000%. :mad:
If you don't have Voice Lines lying around for an emergency, pls remove at least a few of the more happy one.

Sorry if this is repeat. No time to read thread before work. Are you aware that message in Gnosis says to check mission board to help repair, but mission board is disabled? Also, Galnet lists Gnosis as fully repaired. Would like to help, but don't know how...

Got destroyed by the Gnosis for defending it. Docked at the Quarry in California sector... in a 16.5Ly jumping, AX FDL with no fuel scoop. LOL

Greetings Commanders.

We are aware of several issues affecting Commanders located at the Gnosis. The team are actively investigating and addressing these issues, so if you encounter any related to the Gnosis and the Thargoid attack, please report them here.

Currently:

• The Interceptors that were causing shutdowns and destruction have been moved further away from the Gnosis, addressing player complaints of being destroyed before leaving docking pads.
  • The Gnosis' controlling faction is no longer issuing fines for fighting within its No Fire zone. Commanders are urged to defend against the imminent alien threat. Be warned, shooting at the Gnosis will result in fines.
  • For those Commanders who have found themselves detained further away, please contact our support team who will be happy to move you back to the Gnosis, should you wish to be…
Thank you for your understanding!

Thanks for the update Will.

Now there are 'live' attacks when will megaships and stations start firing back when attacked?

You're doing it again, stop.

FD is forcing player interaction with Thargoids.

Jut like their invasion in Deciat last month.

They have no reason to be there other than FD needs to force players to have interaction with them.

The issue really isn't about a leaked galnet story.. or a buggy event where players are punished for bringing explorer builds to a combat thing.. heck.. it's not even about being destroyed before you even get a chance to take off or being fined for actually defending the Gnosis.

It's about FD forcing you to play this narrative when you wanted to do something else instead.

That isnt the issue, that is your issue. If you dont like Thargoids but insist on playing a remake of a game largely about shooting thargoids while docking at a ship going to thargoid land while being warned multiple times there are Thargoids, that is just you not thinking too much.

The leaked article and bugs are objectively bad, and people were immediately upset about it. But you not liking thargoids isnt a major issue for the community.

That isnt the issue, that is your issue. If you dont like Thargoids but insist on playing a remake of a game largely about shooting thargoids while docking at a ship going to thargoid land while being warned multiple times there are Thargoids, that is just you not thinking too much.

The leaked article and bugs are objectively bad, and people were immediately upset about it. But you not liking thargoids isnt a major issue for the community.

You're not reading the posts then.

When this whole thing started to happen there was no clues that what rolled out was the plan. 11,000+ CMDR's didn't sign up for shooting aliens in the face.

Good on you if you did.

And to be absolutely clear on where I personally stand so you're not any more confused: I say let them die.

Putting "Danger" into Elite Dangerous seems like the right choice after 3 years of mods, nerfing, cash grinding players. The Galaxy needs a reset, it needs cash reserves flushed out of the system to give players a reason to keep coming back to the grind. But don't feed me crap about this game having a personal narrative where you make up YOUR own story as you go and can choose between Open-Solo-Private to help craft your narrative when FD keeps stepping on you everywhere you go with THEIR narrative.

When this whole thing started to happen there was no clues that what rolled out was the plan. 11,000+ CMDR's didn't sign up for shooting aliens in the face.

Good on you if you did.

Err, not only on the forums, but also in-game they made it pretty clear via galnet. And as a result tons of people brought AX gear before coming, or even flew back to the bubble to grab some. What exactly was going to happen was indeed not known, thats a bit of the point of such a trip. But they were pretty direct in saying:"Look, Gnosis is heading straight at a metric ton of thargoids, but canonn insists on going."

Good on you if you did.

And to be absolutely clear on where I personally stand so you're not any more confused: I say let them die.

Putting "Danger" into Elite Dangerous seems like the right choice after 3 years of mods, nerfing, cash grinding players. The Galaxy needs a reset, it needs cash reserves flushed out of the system to give players a reason to keep coming back to the grind. But don't feed me crap about this game having a personal narrative where you make up YOUR own story as you go and can choose between Open-Solo-Private to help craft your narrative when FD keeps stepping on you everywhere you go with THEIR narrative.

There were tons of clues that the Gnosis was heading towards a thargoid infestation. Even I know this and I wasn't even following it that much.

The Interceptors that were causing shutdowns and destruction have been moved further away from the Gnosis, addressing player complaints of being destroyed before leaving docking pads.

Wait, what?? So the Gnosis is no longer under attack and resisting the Thargoids is inconsequential? How many fatal mistakes can one community event take?

Instead of removing the problem, maybe issue solutions that don't break the game, like having the Gnosis be equipped with an Anti-Shutdown Field device that protects any ships that are within 2km? Instead you break the whole point of defense and further undermine an already comatose event? :(

But why was the content not tested prior to release? Two minutes of testing would have caught the no fire zone, so testing plainly did not take place.

Why?

I just took an Anti thargoid ship out there, but just rescue vessels around, did I miss all the fun?

Also re stock price was a little high...

ECC88868A891EE3DFDDF362E8523BDC7A2462A1E

• The Gnosis' controlling faction is no longer issuing fines for fighting within its No Fire zone. Commanders are urged to defend against the imminent alien threat. Be warned, shooting at the Gnosis will result in fines.
  • For those Commanders who have found themselves detained further away, please contact our support team who will be happy to move you back to the Gnosis, should you wish to be…

I wish i knew about this before i made my journey back to the Gnosis from the detention center in the California Nebula. But i'm halfway there and the money i got from the system scans will pay for some repairs.
It's good to know that the NFZ has been fixed!

Err, not only on the forums, but also in-game they made it pretty clear via galnet. And as a result tons of people brought AX gear before coming, or even flew back to the bubble to grab some. What exactly was going to happen was indeed not known, thats a bit of the point of such a trip. But they were pretty direct in saying:"Look, Gnosis is heading straight at a metric ton of thargoids, but canonn insists on going."

There were tons of clues that the Gnosis was heading towards a thargoid infestation. Even I know this and I wasn't even following it that much.

Listen.. there were over 11,000 CMDR's docked on The Gnosis, many of them for weeks without having logged in to see the in game message boards.

You just can't place this failure to communicate on them. That's not how any of this works.

I still say blow The Gnosis up. Would be awesome to see so many CMDR's and ships lost at once.

It may have been a shotty-ingame-event, but it will go down in history as ED's most "dangerous" and this game needs that even if the players lose some fake monies.

Listen.. there were over 11,000 CMDR's docked on The Gnosis, many of them for weeks without having logged in to see the in game message boards.

You just can't place this failure to communicate on them. That's not how any of this works.

I still say blow The Gnosis up. Would be awesome to see so many CMDR's and ships lost at once.

It may have been a shotty-ingame-event, but it will go down in history as ED's most "dangerous" and this game needs that even if the players lose some fake monies.

I agree, a rebuy is nothing and so many people now seem to want to see the Gnosis destroyed in effigy. Just put this nonsense to rest now and let the gods sort it out.

Top Bottom