I ran into the same problem. I moved all my user folders to another HDD, not the boot SSD I have, noticed StatusDisplay not working. Tried pointing SD to the json file but that didn't help. I moved the Saved Games folder back to its default location and SD is working again. Probably best to leave that folder on the SSD anyway as it gets written to and read from often whilst playing and using SD.I found the problem.
I migrated my user directory to the E drive, but for some reason %USERPROFILE% still points to the C drive (which is an SSD and not where I want my user directory!). Now to figure out how to fix that.
EDIT: Well, it required jumping through a bunch of hoops, but I fixed my profile, so hopefully that will solve the problem.