In-Development StatusDisplay - status.json / journal display and surface navigation assistant.

The new target panel is great. However, it ignores the alignment rules - always top left regardless of what the center alignment is set to.
Could Wanted (target) status be a larger font and/or bolded? You want that to jump out (but stay the same for clean).

The shield status flag shows "shields up" and is illuminated regardless of shield status. It does flash when shields go down though (but still says shields up)

P.019 (dual bar graph fuel display) used to display a filled circle between the two captions, now it's a filled square and looks a bit odd. Looks like the graphics element for the circle is missing? See pic.

Attachments

• fuel.PNG
    fuel.PNG
    96.1 KB · Views: 132

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
The new target panel is great. However, it ignores the alignment rules - always top left regardless of what the center alignment is set to.
All panels ignore MFD alignment settings - buttons did follow them, when buttons were able to be selected, as the display code for them has to (for the peripheral buttons) whereas Grids don't have alignment settings and panels were initially implemented for Grids, some time before the centre of each MFD was turned into a 6x6 Grid.
Could Wanted (target) status be a larger font and/or bolded? You want that to jump out (but stay the same for clean).
I'll have a look. Each panel typically uses only one size of one weight of font.
The shield status flag shows "shields up" and is illuminated regardless of shield status. It does flash when shields go down though (but still says shields up)
The flag is set when shields are up and I've implemented the flash on shields down to attract attention, indicating that there's an issue with the shields. Text relating to flags does not change with different states of the flag.
P.019 (dual bar graph fuel display) used to display a filled circle between the two captions, now it's a filled square and looks a bit odd. Looks like the graphics element for the circle is missing? See pic.
I changed several uses of round cornered rectangles to simple rectangles to reduce CPU load caused by the app. I'll take a look at making that change optional.

All panels ignore MFD alignment settings - buttons did follow them, when buttons were able to be selected, as the display code for them has to (for the peripheral buttons) whereas Grids don't have alignment settings and panels were initially implemented for Grids, some time before the centre of each MFD was turned into a 6x6 Grid.

I'll have a look. Each panel typically uses only one size of one weight of font.

The flag is set when shields are up and I've implemented the flash on shields down to attract attention, indicating that there's an issue with the shields. Text relating to flags does not change with different states of the flag.

I changed several uses of round cornered rectangles to simple rectangles to reduce CPU load caused by the app. I'll take a look at making that change optional.
Ah, I hadn't really noticed the baked in alignments since panels all seem to be middle/center or middle/left+idented by default. If the target panel was formatted like the fuel or range panels (see pic) I think it'd look a lot better than the current top/left alignment. Also, are the shield and hull values expected to update as the target takes damage or are they just a capture of the target's initial state? They don't seem to update.

Having spent a bit of time playing with it, some of the flashing status flags are a bit annoying. Between FSD Charging, FSD Jump, FSD Cooldown and Fuel Scooping you have constantly flashing status flags during normal travel which defeats the point of an alert mechanism (if there's always something flashing then you're quickly going to learn to ignore it). That really ought to be saved for things that are actually alert-worthy, not things that are working properly.

It might be better (and certainly easier) just to remove the shape between the MAIN and RSVR labels.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    259.4 KB · Views: 148

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Would it help if lower priority flashing flags were at 0.5Hz or 0.25Hz? The variation in intensity for those ones could be less too.

I expect that another scan would be required to update the shield / hull values.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.8.8 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...8/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.8.8_20210228-1848.7z

Changelog:

1) Introduced autoselection for Multi-Panel tabs, based on game flags published in Status.json and a priority (in the event that one or more flags is set).

To do list:

1) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation.
2) Add defined buttons to display information read from the Journal.
3) Improve defined button display based on Status.json information.
4) Add binding file selection option for populating MFD outer buttons.

Hello all, I really love this app. GREAT Job.
Question.
Not sure if this already exist or but looking for a panel for when I am traveling around in my SRV. I am sure all of you have asked yourself when mining with your SRV "have I been here before?".
So is there a panel that can show or trace where I have been on the planet surface?
Again THANK YOU for a great App, Just need to figure out how to use it better o_Oo_O

This panel, even without the cougar is very very helpful on a second screen.

i've found it's a bit persistent, being on top of other apps, so with only one alternate screen it covers inara and other web pages - is there a way to make it alt-tab toggle friendly, or am I just missing something simple?

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
This panel, even without the cougar is very very helpful on a second screen.

i've found it's a bit persistent, being on top of other apps, so with only one alternate screen it covers inara and other web pages - is there a way to make it alt-tab toggle friendly, or am I just missing something simple?
The windows, whether grids or MFDs are, by design, persistent and forced to be topmost in terms of windows on a display this stems from the game overlay use case where they would be otherwise invisible if the game was in focus. Each window can be hidden using a keypress (subject to one application window being visible at all times).

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.8.9 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.8.9_20210322-2054.7z

Changelog:

1) Reverted change to shape of fuel scooping indicator in the Fuel panels (from square to circular).
2) Multi-panel tabs now able to be hidden if desired (means that user will no longer be able to set tab manually).
3) Speculative fix #1 to rare crashing bug.

To do list:

1) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.9.0 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.9.0_20210329-2231.7z

Changelog:

1) StatusDisplay now reads Alpha Journal files.
2) Optional log of unrecognised Journal events now available (primarily for testing purposes).

To do list:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.9.1 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.9.1_20210402-1416.7z

Changelog:

1) All windows can now be toggled to be "not on top" using ALT-B.

To do list:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.9.2 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...9/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.9.2_20210406-2120.7z

Changelog:

1) Added "command" functionality whereby line delimited json formatted commands can be read from StartupCommand.json (processed each time the app is started) and Command.json (the latter deleted after being read by the app and processed). See packaged "Command_Manual_v0.pdf" for details.

To do list:

4) Improve command set.

Hello, thanks a lot for statusdisplay, I have been using it on a secondary display and works great!

I was wondering, would be feasible to add the percentage of each raw material on grid P.06C?

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.9.3 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...6/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.9.3_20210415-2218.7z

Changelog:

1) Command.json no longer deleted after being read - app now ignores Command.json files older than the time of app startup.
2) DSS button text fixed.
3) MFD centre grid can now extend left and / or right, causing the button elements not to be displayed.
4) Multi-panel tabs increased to ten.
5) Multi-panel tabs can now be split left and right of the panel centre.
6) All dropdowns containing buttons or panels now also display the actual panel number as well as the sequential number in the dropdown list.
7) Body material composition panel added which includes percentage of raw material.

To do list:

4) Improve command set.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.9.4 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...4/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.9.4_20210417-2115.7z

Changelog:

1) Main Options dialog reworked to improve aspect ratio to work better on a 16:9 screen.
2) All options dialogs now have 12 point font as a default size rather than 10 point, for improved legibility.
3) Added new landing pad map panel, oriented to have the entrance horizontal (red lights left, green lights right) rather than pad @ 6 o'clock.

To do list:

4) Improve command set.

Hi Robert,

Just something I noticed. It seems panel 013 (Cargo Manifest) is cutting the two last digits of cargo used/total cargo (5/512) in my case.

Thanks!

edit: Hmm or is listing the number of cargo types - 1 : )

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Robert,

Just something I noticed. It seems panel 013 (Cargo Manifest) is cutting the two last digits of cargo used/total cargo (5/512) in my case.

Thanks!

edit: Hmm or is listing the number of cargo types - 1 : )
It was reporting number of cargo types on board rather than total cargo on board. Fixed for the next Beta.
unknown.png

Last edited:
It was reporting number of cargo types on board rather than total cargo on board. Fixed for the next Beta.
unknown.png
Great! Also, would be possible a panel that reports the target's targetable modules list? (with health if possible, not sure if this information is available)

Top Bottom