Store Icon Protest

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I agree with those who feel that the store icon in the station screen is way too far. Frontier this change needs to be reversed as soon as possible. I have bought several cosmetics for the game and have been happy to support you. I am also not angry with Arx as a concept. However, it should have been obvious from the outset that experienced CMDR's were going to be upset by the overabundance of Arx in the game UI. Please try harder to understand your experienced players Frontier. We are still your bread and butter as far as Elite Dangerous is concerned. We aren't feeling the love right now.

The fact that you folks didn't throw experienced CMDR's a small bone doesn't help either. Even a gesture like when the 2nd seat was added to the Keelback I think would have been great (i.e. fixing the type-7 for medium pads would have been a nice one, tweaks to the missions system for space truckers, anything really).

I am feeling a little taken for granted here Frontier. Not good.
That's very well worded.

light hearted protest

^^^^

Blood pressure is normal
I agree with those who feel that the store icon in the station screen is way too far. Frontier this change needs to be reversed as soon as possible. I have bought several cosmetics for the game and have been happy to support you. I am also not angry with Arx as a concept. However, it should have been obvious from the outset that experienced CMDR's were going to be upset by the overabundance of Arx in the game UI. Please try harder to understand your experienced players Frontier. We are still your bread and butter as far as Elite Dangerous is concerned. We aren't feeling the love right now.

The fact that you folks didn't throw experienced CMDR's a small bone doesn't help either. Even a gesture like when the 2nd seat was added to the Keelback I think would have been great (i.e. fixing the type-7 for medium pads would have been a nice one, tweaks to the missions system for space truckers, anything really).

I am feeling a little taken for granted here Frontier. Not good.

Well said. Also, people seem to be missing the OP deliberately saying 'lighthearted protest'. Blood pressure healthy here, stop projecting. :)

In what sense?
I don't believe how many people I previously considered reasonable are jumping onto this bandwagon.

Frontier made the liveries free - earnable by playing the game. And they closed their online store, which has been their only source of income.
Don't you think it's only fair that they've put a reminder in the game that you can also support them by buying the stuff?
It's not like Frontier is eating babies... But as long as that blue shop icon exists, WHO KNOWS?

It's not like Frontier is eating babies... But as long as that blue shop icon exists, WHO KNOWS?
Hmm... now I'm hungry.

In all seriousness, though, it kind of grinds my gears that Fdev pushed out probably one of the smoothest updates yet and even did something explicitly pro-customer (as much as they could while retaining the revenue income) and the literally only downside of all this is the icon in station menu and yet people still whine.

I don't spend my free time with the expectation to get constantly asked for money. The blue store icon was designed specifically to stand out and grab attention which is why people (including myself) are up in arms about UI language and design. This is immersion breaking and distracting.

The ARX conversion is not pro-consumer, as the only reason to do this is to obfuscate costs and be able to jack up prices later, while playing on the psychological strain of keeping a balance in an account that you don't control. (I buy 1500 arx, spend 1035, I have some number left and the transaction is still "open".)

Those who turn around and think that this was done to "Benefit Players" have been fooled by EA, Ubisoft, Tencent, etc.

I love the irony of how you've asked users to change their user icon to join your protest... and haven't even changed your own! lol Love it!

It was changed before I started the thread and it was showing for me when posted. I've noted that the avatar picture update is not always immediate as an avid reader of my work, perhaps you had it cached locally. I'm sure it will correct itself shortly

Hmm... now I'm hungry.

In all seriousness, though, it kind of grinds my gears that Fdev pushed out probably one of the smoothest updates yet and even did something explicitly pro-customer (as much as they could while retaining the revenue income) and the literally only downside of all this is the icon in station menu and yet people still whine.
Smoothest update yet??????

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom