Newcomer / Intro Stuck in LTT 420. Cannot make jump to any nearby system.

Hi there,
I am trying to jump out of LTT 420 to Avalon but my jump is too long for the amount of fuel I can burn. I don't understand yet what I did wrong. I did purchase new fsd and other stuff. Then I realized my problem. I've reduce ship's mass as much as I can and the fsds available none help me get out of here. Please help

Are you saying you cannot jump to the nearest system to LTT420 with a full tank of fuel?

There’s a system closer...CD-53 136 @ 6.1LY...can you get there?

I take it you are in a Sidewinder...what FSD did you buy?
What “other stuff”?

Are you carrying any cargo?
Do you have a shield generator and any weapons?

Clicker

Last edited:
First check if you bought the right class (basically size) of FSD. (The number next to the rating letter) Some modules you can downsize, but not FSD. So if you have, for example Class 3 FSD slot and equip only Class 2 FSD, your range will be abysmal, even if it is A-rated one.

Check your right panel, Functions tab. On the left you will see your ship's current and maximal jump range. If it's something below 5LY, it means you bought too small an FSD. If that's the case, you'll have to try all available stations and find one in your right size, or try to jump at least somewhere where you could have more luck.

If you are still in your Sidewinder, you could aslo simply sell all the modules in the outfitting and change your crippled Sidey for a new one in the shipyard. You will lose some money, of course, but it's (probably) better than starting over.

If you have the right size of FSD and suddenly have shorter jump range, it could also mean that you have some cargo on board, either something for a mission you took or a reward commodity, in which case you could jettison that to be able to jump out.

Edit: ninja'd. :)
But also, after reading your and my answer, again... If OP is in the Sidey, they couldn't possibly buy smaller FSD, because there is none. :D

Last edited:
Downgrade your heaviest modules to the lightest you can get and put all your present ones into storage. You don't need any shields unless you have cargo, active missions or bounties on you. That can save a lot of weight. You don't need weapons either whatever you're doing. Reduced weight allows you to jump a lot further. You can reinstall the modules when you get to the new location.

When you put modules into storage are they accessible anywhere or just where you stored them?

They are immediately available in the station that you stored them.
They can also be transported (at cost and time) to any other shipyard you are at.

A good / typical example of this is when you eventually get to unlock engineers. (Say pulse lasers) You can head to their particular location and upgrade a number of pulse lasers by swapping them in and out of storage, onto your ship.
When you are done, leave them at the engineer's location and head home (where-ever your other ships are).
Once home, pop into the stored modules section of outfitting and ship them across.
Voila, extra (engineered) pulse lasers without the need to fly your entire shipyard across to the engineer.

When you put modules into storage are they accessible anywhere or just where you stored them?

To be super clear...you can transfer modules to any station that provides OUTFITTING.
(And yes it costs both time and credits to transfer)

Most stations with a shipyard also have outfitting, however, occassionally, the outfitting may be disabled due to various reasons.

Clicker

Hi there,
I am trying to jump out of LTT 420 to Avalon but my jump is too long for the amount of fuel I can burn. I don't understand yet what I did wrong. I did purchase new fsd and other stuff. Then I realized my problem. I've reduce ship's mass as much as I can and the fsds available none help me get out of here. Please help

Out of curiosity...
Were you able to leave the system?
Did you discover the reason for your predicament?

Sometimes all you need to do is open the Galaxy map and see if it will re-plot a new course. Your problem can be caused by accepting mission cargo, plotting a course and then adding fuel to your ship. The added mass of fuel can make it impossible to make the originally plotted jump.

Top Bottom