Stuff you've always wondered about

If a belt has 6 asteroids it will have no core.
If it has 10 asteroids one of them has a core.
I have a list of Belts that always have a core and every now and then I make a trip round them and collect the cores.

So "does anyone ever visit them ?"
Yes I do :)
Ahhh...ok, that is interesting.

I recently visited a few belts and used the pulse wave but didn't find anything....guess I'll keep looking and make a note of the ones that have cores.

I always felt Asteroid belts were rather underwhelming and wonder if FD would ever expand upon them, maybe increase their size and / or perhaps have interesting / hidden things to find in them. Would make a great location for a pirate base ;)

Ahhh...ok, that is interesting.

I recently visited a few belts and used the pulse wave but didn't find anything....guess I'll keep looking and make a note of the ones that have cores.

I always felt Asteroid belts were rather underwhelming and wonder if FD would ever expand upon them, maybe increase their size and / or perhaps have interesting / hidden things to find in them. Would make a great location for a pirate base ;)

I totally agree with adding interesting things in them.
They seem like a wasted asset.

Manufactured mats for heat sinks and chaff refills. Why?

How is it we can magically create limpets from iron and nickel that will seek out and collect minerals for us, repair our ships, research alien objects, hack data transmitters, open hatches and even transfer fuel? Logically a limpet would need some electronics added for it to work yet no manufactured mats for e.g. a control circuit are required.

Yet a heat sink is just some material that absorbs heat and is then ejected, chaff is just some material that is shredded then ejected and for some reason only manufactured mats can do this which you rarely find out in the black. If you do it is pot luck if they are the ones you need with nowhere to trade them if they are not, whereas raw mats are freely available and you can choose what to collect by looking for the right kind of volcanism.

Crazy.

And finally, given that "this liner is in the top 1% of...." where are all the **** ones? Where are the bottom 25% working, how's life for those guys?

This is your Captain speaking. Good evening to all our guests. We are not in the top 1% of all liners out there but on the other hand our gymnasium is open, everything on the ship works and we haven't cancelled the entertainment.

Is there another way to get elements like arsenic/polonium etc other than the material trader? I don't want to drive about shooting rocks. Is there a way to trade them with other players, like I could meet someone in space and they can eject a load and I can bring a cutter full of gold as payment?

Is there another way to get elements like arsenic/polonium etc other than the material trader? I don't want to drive about shooting rocks. Is there a way to trade them with other players, like I could meet someone in space and they can eject a load and I can bring a cutter full of gold as payment?
I don't believe that there is a way to get rid of those materials once you have collected them, so player-to-player trading is a no-go.
I can suggest (in case you don't already know) that collecting these materials is far quicker at sites with geological activity than just driving around on a surface shooting rocks. Geo sites are usually a lot more visually pretty too!

What's the fastest way to make money at the moment?

I made a load selling tritium to fleet carriers a while back, but I'd had a drink then, and now I can't remember how I did it

Is mining still the way? I don't play much these days

Currently wondering how I used Deanna Troi's COVAS for two years and never realized it was her. Someone with sub-par thinkmeat occupying my chair, I guess.

I know about Leo/Holly. Any other famous COVASs that I've been too dense to notice?
I'm sure one of the station voices is the lass that was the secretary in Absolutely Fabulous, too pished to look for her name?
Pug

What's the fastest way to make money at the moment?...

Fdev recently tweaked (some will say broke) the income streams in ED and here is what I have tried recently to make money:

-CG's are good for $$$ when they are running, either combat or cargo, and in some cases you get rewards of double engineered modules
-Mining took a huge nerf to prices and demand, but reports say people can still make decent (not great) money per hour, on alot of different mined minerals, ite's, etc.
-Core mining just had the Pulse Wave analyzer fixed a couple weeks back. I need to go try it out, it appears decent money can be made, but you still have to find the cores...
-Combat of any type got a buff. AX or normal and in conflict zones. I think combat still needs more $$$ to get closer to the other income streams for risking your life and your ship
-Loop trading aba loops via eddb makes me almost as much as running cargo in CG's, so good, but not great. A nice change of pace once in awhile
-Pirate massacre mission stacking, I am doing ok with this, but I am not allied with all the factions in the system I have chosen so the payouts are not the highest yet, but ok money. I have been doing alot of this as I get to shoot stuff and get engineering mats
-Robigo passenger missions (once you are allied) might still be the best money maker according to what I have read online, I have not tried this yet
-Regular trading missions got messed up with the above balancing and in my opinion do not pay well at all

Last edited:
Top Bottom