Suggestion for removing entrance in franchise mode

I recently discovered that the entrance can no longer be deleted in franchise mode, and I see that a lot of people have complained about that back in 2021, but I can't let this go, especially as patches have been released very recently.

I understand a lot of people complained about accidentally removing their entrance which is why the possibility to delete the entrance was removed.
What I cannot understand though is why this decision was made. Could a setting not be added in the game allowing you to make it deletable or not deletable? I can't wrap my head around removing a whole function that a lot of people want, just because some people do not like it.

It's also extra frustrating when you've paid a lot of money for all expansion packs that include new build styles, and still be completely stuck with the New world style.
Playing in Sandbox instead is not an option because what is equally fun to build in Planet Zoo is playing through the challenge of franchise mode.

l spent all Easter making the attached little guy and I NEED it in my franchise.
So to summarize my suggestion: A default setting making the original entrance undeletable, but the option to uncheck this box in settings for those of us who want to be able to remove it in franchise mode.

Thanks for listening, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night.

Attachments

• entrance.png
    entrance.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
There were multiple issues:
People gamed the system by selling it for a ton of cash
Some people got rid of it, used the cash but forgot to put in a new one so they couldn't get guests in their zoo, then whined about it.
For some people, getting rid of the original entrance caused the crash of teh whole zoo or in a couple of cases, the entire game.

I suspect it was too complicated to be worth the time to sort out all the issues above and they just went back to the older settings.

Some people got rid of it, used the cash but forgot to put in a new one so they couldn't get guests in their zoo, then whined about it.
For some people, getting rid of the original entrance caused the crash of teh whole zoo or in a couple of cases, the entire game.

I suspect it was too complicated to be worth the time to sort out all the issues above and they just went back to the older settings.
I feel like if there's any part of the game that is worth trying to solve, it's this.
The game is known for incredible amounts of customization and when looking through the steam workshop we clearly have some extremely talented builders and it just feels off to have such a central part of every zoo off limits to any customization.

To add: A solution to the accidentally deleting the whole entrance and forgetting about it/crashing the game would be to have a limit that stops you from selling the last remaining guest spawner in the zoo and the metal thingy the guests go through but still have it be moveable.

Last edited:

Ok then, allow to delete building pieces and not spawners and allow to build around spawners.
Or make it so you always have at least 1 spawner - you cannot delete the old one until you place another one etc.
i miss the PlanCo cave entrances, you could pretend that there is a huge road going there. With PZ it's harder because ppl are spawning from thin air.

Top Bottom