Suggestion: In flight Galnet reader

Give us explorers something to read in VR whilst we're en-route to distant stars!

It doesn't have to operate in real time with news, but could cache when you dock at a station for example...

Sorry, I was thinking more of one that I could read in the cockpit without losing sight of what's going on. Should have been clearer.

It would be nice if it had its own place on a panel somewhere to glance at.

I'd probably read it more then, rather than fly total blind.
young-man-reading-a-map-while-driving-A7PEFJ.jpg

:D

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Give us explorers something to read in VR whilst we're en-route to distant stars!

It doesn't have to operate in real time with news, but could cache when you dock at a station for example...

this is a great idea for those long trips out to hutton that you have to take because you didn't realise your passenger wanted to go visit it as part of the trip... 1.5 hours of AFK could've been replaced by 1 hour of AFK and 30 min reading the news :)

Along the same lines, I'd like to see a feature in the game for those times when you're traveling across a system in SuperCruise to an outpost that's 300-400 thousand light seconds distant. That can take a long time, and I'd rather read the in-game news or synthesize materials instead of worrying about whether or not it's time to slow down before I overshoot my destination. So if you're on a sub-screen, maybe the game could play a warning chime or a voice notification? "* warning decrease speed *"

Top Bottom