Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

View attachment 391977View attachment 391978
Weird Antilopine Kangaroo reference spotted on Behance from UI concept arts for the game.

View attachment 391980View attachment 391981
There was supposed to be tab of what the animal is doing at a given moment below age status.

And option to collect animal semen? I guess for artificial breeding or something like that.
View attachment 391983
OK now I feel robbed. I'm most hurt for the lack of that line telling me what the animal is doing. Another feature that ZT2 had but the much more modern game is lacking...

Last edited:
I agree, I wish we had the status for what the animal is doing ("sleeping", "using enrichment", "resting", "eating", "drinking", "swimming", "spitting at guests"...)
I misread this as “I wish we had the statues for what the animal is doing ("sleeping", "using enrichment", "resting", "eating", "drinking", "swimming", "spitting at guests"

And now I want them.

Slightly off-topic, but I think this YouTuber cracked the code of what we REALLY need from this game. NEEDS. MORE. HAY. RIDES!!!!

hay ride.png

Do you guys think next update will be playgrounds?

It seems to be the next of highly requested features features that are still missing (not counting aviaries and aquariums).
I hope so. Guests has been getting alot of attention lately (viewing domes, souvenir shops, petting mechanism), would be nice to also recieve playgrounds. Although some attention to animals would be also nice, exhibit overhaul is another very requested feature.

If someone hasn’t already suggested it for the list, I suggest guests being able to pet and feed the animals at the fence instead of going in the enclosure; i like that they go in the enclosure but to go more realistic I think over fence petting would also be really useful.

Edit: oh shoot I thought this was the free update meta wishlist thread 😂

If someone hasn’t already suggested it for the list, I suggest guests being able to pet and feed the animals at the fence instead of going in the enclosure; i like that they go in the enclosure but to go more realistic I think over fence petting would also be really useful.
Ooh, and adding on to this, they can do it if the fence is too short too, which will get them a little talk from security if the animal isn’t supposed to be petted.

It seems to be the next of highly requested features features that are still missing (not counting aviaries and aquariums).
Playgrounds would be super useful! My one worry about this, as a feature, is that it could be very limited. So if we get them, I hope there's a few different options for each piece (e.g., if there's bouncy animal rides or whatever they're called it would be nice to get at least three different options for what the animals might be; two different materials and multiple lengths for a slide, and so on).

Either that or:
  • Hotels
  • Elevators
  • Binocular viewing
  • Animal feeding
For actual new features similar to what we have been getting, I feel this is what is requested most.
Hotels and elevators are the two that have me baffled as to how we don't have them yet. It seems like relatively low-hanging fruit. Hotels were already a feature in PlanCo and elevators would seem to be pretty straight-forward to implement using features already in-game.

Thinking on some of the speculated themes for the next DLC, though, hotels would make sense for a global/worldwide pack. All those global visitors gonna need a place to stay, right? (Okay, it's a stretch, but I can see the Frontier write-up for that feature alongside the DLC in my head. Haha.)

I think playgrounds are a bit more likely than I thought months ago. First Frontier allowed guests into the exhibit boxes with a very basic pathway. Then update 1.16 allowed guests to walk around the souvenir shops and interact with the items in that space without paths. Now update 1.17 allows guests to walk around habitats out of the paths and interacting with animals.

So I think playgrounds could be on the works with a system similar to the souvenir shops: we place a special floor piece (maybe rubber floor?) where we can place premade items (slide, swing...). Maybe it comes with seats and adults automatically sit down while the children play. The more expansion tiles we put, the more capacity.

But of course Frontier could be working on something completely different and we never get playgrounds. Only time will tell!

Honestly for a new feature I think make a type of facility called the classroom. You can let one of the educators become a teacher for a group of kids. It could be a good way to make another source of income! Also greatly improves guest happiness and education in your zoo.

Like the education talks, the classroom can be scheduled for a handful of months.
Neat idea! Honestly i could see a children zoo pack being pretty cool. Zoo schools are something that is pretty common where i am atleast, and i definetly remember doing school trips to zoos and doing a programm with an educator back in the day.
And a pack with alot of educational stuff is something i wanted for quite a while, throw in a roster of squirrel monkey, a tortoise, duck and coati and a bearded dragon and put the classroom in the free update and you would have a pretty cool dlc imo

I reckon the writing’s on the wall. Individual guest interaction has been increasing over the last few updates - the natural progression would be to playgrounds

Honestly i could see a children zoo pack being pretty cool.
We just got a petting zoo pack though-
1715005812302.gif

I do like the idea of the classroom though, it doesn’t have to be in a children’s zoo pack though it could just be in an education pack as the finale.

I still don’t know about the playgrounds though, it feels like it would be pretty complicated to get right, they would have to separate the kids from the adults with the programming and have the adults idle nearby - which idk how difficult that is to do. And on top of that you need the animations for the kids on the playground, and the playground probably wouldn’t be that customizable. I feel like they would’ve introduced it last update to pair with the petting zoo pack.

So maybe it’s possible, but I would honestly prefer a different game changing feature like exhibit overhaul or binoculars and just get a playground piece set.

We just got a petting zoo pack though-
View attachment 392069
I do like the idea of the classroom though, it doesn’t have to be in a children’s zoo pack though it could just be in an education pack as the finale.

I still don’t know about the playgrounds though, it feels like it would be pretty complicated to get right, they would have to separate the kids from the adults with the programming and have the adults idle nearby - which idk how difficult that is to do. And on top of that you need the animations for the kids on the playground, and the playground probably wouldn’t be that customizable. I feel like they would’ve introduced it last update to pair with the petting zoo pack.

So maybe it’s possible, but I would honestly prefer a different game changing feature like exhibit overhaul or binoculars and just get a playground piece set.
It would be pretty disappointing to get a Children's zoo pack right after petting zoo... However, there are some wild animals that are commonly exhibited in so called Children's Zoo. I think even a duck could fit in. :)

Top Bottom