Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

You don't have to accept it, I'm just being realistic here. We aren't gonna get everything we want. At least, in the case of baboons/baboon-like animals, if we get one we can get the other unofficially
I'm not really sure what you mean by 'being realistic' about not getting everything we want. I literally said that myself. The odds of getting both a baboon and a gelada are basically nill. My point was that if we get either one, and not the other, then the other is simply not in the game. I don't consider mods to be suitable replacements.

You don't have to accept it, I'm just being realistic here. We aren't gonna get everything we want. At least, in the case of baboons/baboon-like animals, if we get one we can get the other unofficially
I'm so glad we got Striped Hyena, Arctic Fox, Deer, and Sheep! :) Another sort of oddball I'm glad for but didn't think too much about before its inclusion is the Dhole. I just remember using mods of dholes in ZT2 days and never imagined a zoo game would include Asiatic Wild Dogs officially. :)

I'm not really sure what you mean by 'being realistic' about not getting everything we want. I literally said that myself. The odds of getting both a baboon and a gelada are basically nill. My point was that if we get either one, and not the other, then the other is simply not in the game. I don't consider mods to be suitable replacements.
Yeah, as I said: you don't have to like it, but it's an option. Whether or not you accept it is up to you, but a lot of players also recognize that modding is what will keep the game alive for many more years until the next big zoo game comes. It happened with ZT2, after all; mods are still being made today, and the fact that people are developing new tools to make even better, more immersive mods, it's only gonna get better and better
I'm so glad we got Striped Hyena, Arctic Fox, Deer, and Sheep! :) Another sort of oddball I'm glad for but didn't think too much about before its inclusion is the Dhole. I just remember using mods of dholes in ZT2 days and never imagined a zoo game would include Asiatic Wild Dogs officially. :)
I thought the same. I never expected the dingo or the dhole in the game; I mean, I didn't even think of them myself, but when they were added, boy howdy I was excited. Same with the southern cassowary, too

I thought the same. I never expected the dingo or the dhole in the game; I mean, I didn't even think of them myself, but when they were added, boy howdy I was excited. Same with the southern cassowary, too
Yes! The Cassowary is one of the coolest additions that not too many expected. Of recent (unexpected) additions I am most excited for the Domestic Sheep, Sand Cat, Sloth Bear, Spectacled Flying Fox...
I guess at the end of the day I have a lot to be grateful for. Just having a good zoo game that we have the means to play is something to be grateful for.

So after watching my vet moonwalk into the goat/sheep enclosure, I would like to request if the devs can bring in a new easter egg where if you name your staff something (Jackson, for example) they'll do a moonwalk (kinda like the dancing keeper Easter egg)

Yeah, as I said: you don't have to like it, but it's an option. Whether or not you accept it is up to you, but a lot of players also recognize that modding is what will keep the game alive for many more years until the next big zoo game comes. It happened with ZT2, after all; mods are still being made today, and the fact that people are developing new tools to make even better, more immersive mods, it's only gonna get better and better

I believe some people can't use mods for some technical reason.

I can though and i agree they are deffinetly valid, to the point that for me some animals are not longer that much of a priority because of how good the mods are.

Let’s keep in mind console players can’t use mods, and that’s now a big part of the community.
It's gonna be awkward telling people to just use mods for that niche animal they have always wanted. Currently as far as i'm aware the community is split into:
  • Has no problem with mods, proceeds to tell everyone to just use mods to get that animal they want
  • Doesn't trust mods because of the possibility to ruin save games or the knowledge requirement to install and troubleshoot mods is too much effort
  • People who hate the idea of mods regardless and would rather play a 'clean' game
  • Has low end computer, plays on geforce now and can't use mods
  • Plays on console, cant use mods

It's gonna be awkward telling people to just use mods for that niche animal they have always wanted. Currently as far as i'm aware the community is split into:
  • Has no problem with mods, proceeds to tell everyone to just use mods to get that animal they want
  • Doesn't trust mods because of the possibility to ruin save games or the knowledge requirement to install and troubleshoot mods is too much effort
  • People who hate the idea of mods regardless and would rather play a 'clean' game
  • Has low end computer, plays on geforce now and can't use mods
  • Plays on console, cant use mods
You missed 1:
  • Doesn't use mods but isn't against them and is ok to use/suggest mods, but is waiting until support officially ends to use them

1714928841362.png
1714928944925.png

Weird Antilopine Kangaroo reference spotted on Behance from UI concept arts for the game.

You missed 1:
  • Doesn't use mods but isn't against them and is ok to use/suggest mods, but is waiting until support officially ends to use them
That's exactly where I am. I'm thankful for all the work the modders are doing. I'm just making a choice to wait until the last Frontier released content comes out. It will help in terms of updates as well as replacements for official animals.

Top Bottom