COMPLETED CG Supply Resources To Rescue Thargoid Abductees (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I also picked up 8 bio-storage capsules, just to see how it works. I had a problem with the Clipper's convergence, I had to aim completely off target, so I will use another ship in the future. It would be interesting to find out if that capsule holds one person or more?
Why not mount the missile in the more centered hardpoints of the Clipper instead? Vent beams won’t need to be targeted precisely at the Titan.

A Krait can potentially take a S6 cargo, but you’ll be sacrificing some hull protection to that end. Although I guess I could just roll with 64 regular, and replace the S4 corrosive resistant rack with a S4 hull reinforcement(instead of a collector limpet… but I still have around 3.4k hull plus two mod reinforcements,while I’m not sure how much I really need).

I managed to collect 17 pods before being killed by a very persistent hunter. I also got to greedy I guess.
I find you can somewhat avoid them through just navigating around the Titan to break line of sight. Or, once the lightning thruster debuff wears off, if you speed past them at the right time(they won’t lightning if their shield is up), they can shoot well out of range and disengage.

Not that it stops them from reacquiring you as a target later. But it’s kind of a painful environment - currently trying to decide whether 64 cargo is good, or 32 is a happy medium. I don’t know if I want to have limpets out all the time because they are absolute at stealth and can be spotted from kilometers away in that environment, even if you haven’t been.

I managed to collect 17 pods before being killed by a very persistent hunter. I also got to greedy I guess.
That's why I used class 3 AX multi-cannons on Clipper, I killed one Glaive there. That's why I had 2 extraction missiles in smaller slots, and problem with convergence. At the end I used only one extraction missile.

So I’m not seeing any dedicated thread(maybe I should make one when I don’t get interdicted every 5 seconds), but the Scythe nuisances will pick up the freed pods from a Titan if you don’t get to them quickly enough, and they deploy from it.

Might be they also destroy your limpets, not sure on that point yet(as opposed to timer running out).

And, expectedly, they steal ‘their’ pods back, causing a lot of unfriendly noises in the cargo hold in the process. If you can afford to, bring an ECM.

The Clipper is like that with any fixed weapon, I can't understand why some people say it's great for core mining when the reticles are completely broken.

I never had any problems using inner hardpoints for mining tools and outer ones for a pair of large MC so for me it's indeed the best core miner.
Speedy, maneuverable, roomy enough, but not too much so i can easily fill it up in a single session.
And going 600+ in the ring? Chef's Kiss

I didn't do too badly... this was one trip in a Clipper...

Screenshot_2565.jpg

I didn't do too badly... this was one trip in a Clipper...

View attachment 369601
I got out with 64 in my last run(both most recent and last for today) - running one C6 cargo rack*. Despite stubborn interceptors aggroing(then never doing anything except for one), which also caused the Titan to make its damaging pulse thing, it went quite smoothly. Previous one, not so much, thanks to Scythes(as mentioned above)… part of that was my fault because I got tired of it and rammed the Scythe messing with my pods and cargo hold at full (boost) speed, as it was stationary. Lost a few more, but it felt so worth it to do that and get back at them in such a petty way.

Certainly an interesting thing to do, at least for now… though I wish the glitching HUD wouldn’t make it such a pain to get the subsurface minigame right sometimes.

*Using a Krait MKII. Might still tweak the setup below, but currently decently happy with how it performs.
https://edsy.org/s/vtPm4SF

Last edited:
I got out with 64 in my last run(both most recent and last for today) - running one C6 cargo rack*. Despite stubborn interceptors aggroing(then never doing anything except for one), which also caused the Titan to make its damaging pulse thing, it went quite smoothly. Previous one, not so much, thanks to Scythes(as mentioned above)… part of that was my fault because I got tired of it and rammed the Scythe messing with my pods and cargo hold at full (boost) speed, as it was stationary. Lost a few more, but it felt so worth it to do that and get back at them in such a petty way.

Certainly an interesting thing to do, at least for now… though I wish the glitching HUD wouldn’t make it such a pain to get the subsurface minigame right sometimes.

*Using a Krait MKII. Might still tweak the setup below, but currently decently happy with how it performs.
https://edsy.org/s/vtPm4SF
The attempt where I got 59 of them was my second attempt, the first being a total disaster (I got 4 before being blasted to ashes). I always keep a few limpets for emergencies when doing anything around Titans, so even with my 64t cargo capacity, I'm likely to only get 60 at the most before heading back. My third attempt was a lot more difficult than the second. At one point I had 5 interceptors and a Hunter (not sure what type) all aggro-ing around me and launching occasional FSD shutdown missiles (which also destroy all active limpets) but I still got away with 33 pods. I also tweaked my ship loadout a bit, so I could add a 1A AFMU. Turned out this was a smart move.

One surprising thing is I've not encountered any Scythes while travelling back to my carrier, although it is currently in Nu Guang orbiting planet AB1, so less then 40 Ls away from the system entry point, so if Scythes are going to be chasing me, they need to act pretty sharpish...

So, doing my bit...

Screenshot_2566.jpg

I can't help thinking that sooner or later (particularly sooner) someone is going to whine about the payout... as if that is the reason for doing this...

I can't help thinking that sooner or later (particularly sooner) someone is going to whine about the payout... as if that is the reason for doing this...
I thought the payouts weren’t that bad when I saw them(although you could argue they’re bad compared to certain other ‘popular’ methods… but everything looks bad compared to those). Don’t think anyone that is at a stage to routinely take excursions into a Titan is going to be worried about the money of it, anyway.

As for the rest - I kind of have to pick and choose a bit what goes into the Krait, since it does have slightly more limited space. Suppose it’s a possibility to fit an AFMU and repair limpet but it will come at the (somewhat minor) expense of hull strength, and losing a few collector limpets. So far worked fine, and is small enough to slip into certain nooks and crannies of the Titan’s surface if necessary.

Could I make a Clipper? Yes. Do I want to? Ehhh… not so sure. I guess it’s not quite as bulky as the Cutter(which I have avoided for that exact reason), and has better speed, but I’m just not really drawn to the ship. And I haven’t found it that difficult to just use the Titan to break line of sight and lose aggro, even from the Glaives. They can’t exactly follow you through solid objects.

And Scythe interdictions seem to be nonexistent at this time. Or practically so, at least. Haven’t been hyperdicted by them yet either, despite my annoying personal experience of them very much caring.

I've just been ram-raiding the Titans with my Phantom - turn up, collectors out, scan & shoot missile sites and bug out when the interceptors / hunters start to wear me down too much. Normally get 30-40, which could certainly be better, just not sure yet whether the extra time spent hiding and waiting is worthwhile, might try that approach later.

I wonder if that is 'it'? Is this like Unknown Relics where you could just hand them in for RP reasons, or will there be a CG like the tissue samples 🤔 I think for now I'll be holding on to most of mine.

(Nice detailing on the pods btw, worth a close up if you haven't - I took one down to a planet - they roll better than you would think)

I took one or two close up shots and one from afar. They ‘flash’ periodically, like they’re trying to draw your attention or something. Whether that is deliberate or a mere side effect of whatever they do besides sustain humans where they would otherwise die… can’t really say. Quite noticeable from afar, though.

There’s also an interesting lighting bug(at least I think it’s one) with them where the ‘glass-ish’ thing at the front(?) turns blue rather than the yellowish color it usually has, when you get to within a certain distance of a pod.

I've just been ram-raiding the Titans with my Phantom - turn up, collectors out, scan & shoot missile sites and bug out when the interceptors / hunters start to wear me down too much. Normally get 30-40, which could certainly be better, just not sure yet whether the extra time spent hiding and waiting is worthwhile, might try that approach later.

I wonder if that is 'it'? Is this like Unknown Relics where you could just hand them in for RP reasons, or will there be a CG like the tissue samples 🤔 I think for now I'll be holding on to most of mine.

(Nice detailing on the pods btw, worth a close up if you haven't - I took one down to a planet - they roll better than you would think)
It was published in another thread (thargoid invasion - next target systems) that the delivery of capsules has an impact on the war, more precisely on counterstrike systems, and even on barnacle matrix systems if they are put in counterstrike status.
It was also said that the capsules should be handed over to the rescue megaships and not to any search and rescue contact.
You can look there for more details.

Interesting! I guess we'll get a Galnet at some point so people actually know (y)
While I am inclined to believe it’s intentional for the non-matrix controls, the ones that do have them, not so much. They have a role to play in the story, so I really doubt they’re just going to let us wipe them from existence already.

Or maybe they’ll still just be there when the control is cleared and the funky stuff happens anyway. Be curious to see what exactly happens…

With the amount of utility slots we will end up needing for this stuff we are going to be left with 2 choices for ships:

Mamba, very fast but with space only for your sandwiches
Cutter.......... this .........basically this.

O7

With the amount of utility slots we will end up needing for this stuff we are going to be left with 2 choices for ships:

Mamba, very fast but with space only for your sandwiches
Cutter.......... this .........basically this.

O7
Frontier disagree as they've put out 6 ships they think will be used for extractions - two of them have < 4 Utility mounts (which I'd say is about what can work), and one is so slow I doubt anyone is using it :)

As long as they don’t add another utility module that we need to use(or allow us to skimp on a particular one for Titan visits at some point), I’ll continue going at it with my Krait.

If it ever becomes not an option, I hope the task won’t require much cargo space…

I'm thinking of equipping a Python for extraction. I was not satisfied with Clipper because of bad convergence, Phantom is ok for me, but Python would have more space to save souls! And yes, would be nice to have new Alliance ship, something like a slightly bigger challenger, specialized in ax.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom