COMPLETED CG Supply Resources To Rescue Thargoid Abductees (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
After survivors have recovered and are clear of posing any new threat,
One has to consider that they might be sleeper agents waiting to be triggered, if the Thargoids obtained a sufficient understanding of humans through… whatever they are doing. So they may appear safe initially, but not necessarily later on… a slight dilemma.

And I would argue the option to allow themselves to be studied, if they are willing, should be extended to anyone, not just former criminal elements. Preferably by Aegis, not quite sure Azimuth would do so… responsibly. Even though I’m sure they would have a marked interest in it, given the goals of Project Seraph*.

And I very much hope the rescue megaships have some kind of quarantine protocol in case the pods’ inhabitants aren’t all friendly - it would be an oversight not to do so, when there is more than a possibility those (possibly former) humans are not friendly to our cause. Or that they pose other risks, such as - as I have seen mentioned elsewhere - a biohazard from being used by the Thargoids. Or worse, contain a Borg-type nanovirus that they could spread to others to change them as well, if not as effectively perhaps.

*Don’t buy their marketing taglines. If they had changed, there would be no need to repeatedly attempt to sully Aegis, and they could have been a lot less guarded and defensive about Nemesis’ potential existence as well, instead of writing off Seo as delusional, obsessed with vengeance(sound familiar), and whatever else they said about her to downplay her integrity and free thinking?

I think that these are too optimistic thoughts. It is more realistic to assume that we will rescue several thousand prisoners, deliver them to Aegis and Azimuth (through some CGs) and after that for months (or never) we will not know what happened to them or what their condition is.
I say we'll also deliver them to Azimuth, because they'll probably offer some attractive reward and that's because FDev likes to create such ugly moral dilemmas because we supposedly live in a dystopian future.

And after all, we had CG to deliver Titan tissue samples, so we just delivered them, so what about that? Any information? Does it have any bearing on the war? We have no idea. Because we don't need to be informed about anything. Because we live in a dystopian future.

I kinda expect we will be handing these in to S&R:
1696447117177.png

But then S&R tends to be pretty bugged, so maybe we'll just have to keep 'em 🤷‍♀️

I’m at 8.4k deliveries(50% placement) and 101 mil bounties(25%). Hoping there won’t be any massive end-of-day/CG rushes so I get to keep those positions.

Well, even if I don’t, I’ll probably get at least one launcher from the bounty side of the CG itself.

I've chipped in my bit. I've hauled 19.1k tons of copper for what I hope will be a top 10 percent placement unless there's an ultra-last minute rush. That said, I chucked 10k tons of polymers at the past trade CG and it didn't even reach T1 completion so anything's a win after that! 😂

So, which is not uncommon, the latest Galnet news contains some untruths.
Rescue ships still don't have extraction missiles (I just checked Seacole and Hutner), and the awards from this CG only go to "pilots who transported CMM composites, neofabric insulation and osmium to Springer Gateway", which is a big lie, as we all know.

'Mining' seems a bit scuffed as well - I don't see the target I select in the HUD, so it's a bit harder than it should be. Now to see if S&R hand-in works (I didn't see any changes earlier, so not incredibly hopeful)

Edit: Yeah, no sign of S&R accepting the rescuees yet. And you can't sell 'em. Not that I would :sneaky:

Last edited:
So, which is not uncommon, the latest Galnet news contains some untruths.
Rescue ships still don't have extraction missiles (I just checked Seacole and Hutner), and the awards from this CG only go to "pilots who transported CMM composites, neofabric insulation and osmium to Springer Gateway", which is a big lie, as we all know.

Remember that those ports with Outfitting require a fresh stock of modules after a new module becomes available! Until then, they have been given nothing more than a little extra corner of space on the modules shelf where the new module can be placed when more arrive tomorrow.

This has occurred a few times over the course of releasing new Thargoid-related modules; they are made possible for ports to stock on Thursday but then left alone for the actual stock to appear on Friday. On one occasion that was recognised and stocking made possible on Wednesday for sale on Thursday, but I suspect that did not become a new policy.

Apparently, I received four of the missile launchers as a reward, even though I was only in the top 25% of one of the CGs(50% in the other). Not going to complain…

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Apparently, I received four of the missile launchers as a reward, even though I was only in the top 25% of one of the CGs(50% in the other). Not going to complain…
That's correct. Rewards are always cumulative so 2 for 25% and 1 for each 50%. :)

Pods can now be handed in via S&R contact. And unless you fly a Cutter, with two size 8 racks, I’m not sure you’ll ever need more than one of these missile launchers here. Pods seem to get jettisoned in pairs of 8, with 96 reloads available for each launcher(no synth option available, by the looks of it).

They are also non-corrosive, so you can freely bring regular cargo(unless that’s not intended and gets patched).

I also picked up 8 bio-storage capsules, just to see how it works. I had a problem with the Clipper's convergence, I had to aim completely off target, so I will use another ship in the future. It would be interesting to find out if that capsule holds one person or more? And what is Xenobiological Prison Pod?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom