Tekton Zoo

Episode 32 - The Swamp
A walkthrough Alligator swamp with a shack for Bullfrogs & Terrapins. This is my favourite habitat I've built for ages! Obviously the walkthrough is on a raised path :LOL: The bullfrogs & terrapins live in the shack at the end of the path.

View attachment 286249
View attachment 286250View attachment 286251
Great build! Like how you incorporated two exhibits in the Swamp.

I have encountered a similar issue you mentioned in your video, with guests and zookeeper being feared and running away once they enter my alligator 'walkthrough' habitat. I figured the alligator has a sphere (e.g., with a radius of 1 meter) of fear 'aura'. After I placed my paths far away enough (by raising it a little), I didn't encounter that issue anymore.

Great build! Like how you incorporated two exhibits in the Swamp.

I have encountered a similar issue you mentioned in your video, with guests and zookeeper being feared and running away once they enter my alligator 'walkthrough' habitat. I figured the alligator has a sphere (e.g., with a radius of 1 meter) of fear 'aura'. After I placed my paths far away enough (by raising it a little), I didn't encounter that issue anymore.
Good to know, thanks!

Episode 33 - Trouble & Tortoises
I spent this week’s episode sorting out the zoo’s financial problems and adding a new habitat for Giant Tortoises.
02300992-0C09-4CBE-9C7F-76068AF53E01.jpeg

Episode 37 - South American Giants: The Beginning
It's Brand New Area time at Tekton Zoo! I'm going for a mix of traditional cheesy zoo theming and Modernism. The concept is "what if the builders of Machu Pichu had discovered reinforced concrete rather than being wiped out by the Spanish?". This is the Giant Anteater habitat, more to come!
TektonZoo-Episode037-03.jpg

TektonZoo-Episode037-04.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 239749

Welcome to Tekton Zoo! A Modernist, city zoo built in franchise mode. This is the first zoo I've actually designed myself rather than re-created. This forum was the first (and for a long time only) place that I shared London Zoo 1985 and the comments & encouragement I received on here were such an inspiration to me, thank you!

Tekton Zoo is inspired by the work of the Tecton architectural group, designers of the Penguin Pool at London Zoo along with the original habitats at Whipsnade Safari Park & Dudley Zoo. I'm hoping this will make it look fairly unique, it will be almost entirely built with plaster pieces, metal & glass. There will be a new build on YouTube on Saturdays at 5pm.

hi bro,can you upload to steam?

The new enrichment item is difficult to integrate into a natural looking habitat because of the metal look (at least I think so, haven't played with the new pack yet) but I think it fits fantastically to your Tekton style.

Yeh I thought so as soon as I saw it! I've seen people colour it a dark red/brown which makes it sit a lot nicer into most habitats.

Top Bottom