Thargoid combat will be Big Ships or Wings only?

Convenient? Just how a game should be handled, I would say. I don't play inconvenient games, have enough of it in real life.

This is clearly a lie if you play Elite at all. Elite has mission timers which tick down when you're not even playing. Elite hates your convenience. Adding hard to kill NPCs has nothing to do with it.

Edit: just realized I completely missed the point of your post. Leaving original response so everyone can see what's a doofus I am.

Last edited:
Colonia exists as a means to play the game exactly as you have always played it, with the possible exception of PP, which I hope to GOD is altered to be a Thargoid War Room type thing. And I am under the impression there will soon be a very easy way to go to Colonia, so you don't have to make the really difficult, and timewasting journey to get there*.

And, to be typically blunt, I don't really care what the minority of players want. It is abundantly clear, by the many, MANY threads on these, and other forums, that the vast majority want their Thargoids to be bloodthirsty insects hell bent on revenge for stepping on so many eggs during our recent trespassing on their property. Oh, and that we attempted genocide with the Mycoid virus. Little things like that.

I don't want to have the experience ruined by those pathetic little snowflakes who cry out 'but but.. it ruins my PvP/trading/flying about on my own/other entitled reason'. This isn't YOUR game. It's Frontiers, and if they decide to make things 'interesting' then that's their prerogative. It's up to the players to judge if they made the right decisions of course, and it would be wise to at least listen to their playerbase to get a feel to exactly what would likely work the best, for the most people.

It's not down to the absolute minority, to attempt to dictate how the game should progress. We get enough of that in real life on Twitter.

*Sarcasm, obviously [big grin]

Deleted member 110222

D
Colonia exists as a means to play the game exactly as you have always played it, with the possible exception of PP, which I hope to GOD is altered to be a Thargoid War Room type thing. And I am under the impression there will soon be a very easy way to go to Colonia, so you don't have to make the really difficult, and timewasting journey to get there*.

And, to be typically blunt, I don't really care what the minority of players want. It is abundantly clear, by the many, MANY threads on these, and other forums, that the vast majority want their Thargoids to be bloodthirsty insects hell bent on revenge for stepping on so many eggs during our recent trespassing on their property. Oh, and that we attempted genocide with the Mycoid virus. Little things like that.

I don't want to have the experience ruined by those pathetic little snowflakes who cry out 'but but.. it ruins my PvP/trading/flying about on my own/other entitled reason'. This isn't YOUR game. It's Frontiers, and if they decide to make things 'interesting' then that's their prerogative. It's up to the players to judge if they made the right decisions of course, and it would be wise to at least listen to their playerbase to get a feel to exactly what would likely work the best, for the most people.

It's not down to the absolute minority, to attempt to dictate how the game should progress. We get enough of that in real life on Twitter.

*Sarcasm, obviously [big grin]

The forums aren't representative of the entire community. You have no official numbers to base your claim of minority on.

Or is your name David Braben?

sollisb

Banned

Any metrics to back that up? or just.. a n other opinion?

The forums aren't representative of the entire community. You have no official numbers to base your claim of minority on.

Or is your name David Braben?

I have no real reason to have to quantify my posts to you, but I will say this. The forums are more representative of the entire community than anyone who doesn't voice an opinion. If people cared about the forums being representative of their opinion.. they'd say something, and then they'd be in either the obvious majority or minority. Failure/dis-interest of voicing an opinion can not be used as an excuse to then suggest they're not being represented.

There are no such things as 'official numbers'. I have simply read the many, many threads regarding Thargoids, and challenges in general, that don't involve the typical PvP vs Pve arguments, and I've judged that the opinion is FOR more challenges, and dangerous encounters with Thargoids. If you wish to be pedantic (as is your wont), it is an opinion, but it is an opinion based on what I've seen. I don't need to quote official figures in order to uphold my opinion, but you are welcome to use whatever official figures you have in order to claim I am wrong.

Deleted member 110222

D
I have no real reason to have to quantify my posts to you, but I will say this. The forums are more representative of the entire community than anyone who doesn't voice an opinion. If people cared about the forums being representative of their opinion.. they'd say something, and then they'd be in either the obvious majority or minority. Failure/dis-interest of voicing an opinion can not be used as an excuse to then suggest they're not being represented.

There are no such things as 'official numbers'. I have simply read the many, many threads regarding Thargoids, and challenges in general, that don't involve the typical PvP vs Pve arguments, and I've judged that the opinion is FOR more challenges, and dangerous encounters with Thargoids. If you wish to be pedantic (as is your wont), it is an opinion, but it is an opinion based on what I've seen. I don't need to quote official figures in order to uphold my opinion, but you are welcome to use whatever official figures you have in order to claim I am wrong.

You still can't claim minority or majority. Sorry, that's simple fact.

And while those not on the forum aren't voicing their opinion... They are still important to Frontier's bottom line.

Don't expect the game to be unplayable for average-joes on Tuesday. It won't.

He's right, most people want harder not easier (definite consensus on these forums and despite possibly not representing truly the majority of views, there is no higher source for the wants of a playerbase, than its official forum) BUT a lot of those voices also say, yes harder, but not forced multiplayer. It's a difficult one.

Don't expect the game to be unplayable for average-joes on Tuesday. It won't.

This is also true.

The forums aren't representative of the entire community.

The forum (official) is highly representative, because there is no filter or hurdle to participate for everyone. Only prerequsite is to be online and to be able to write (even other languages are available), for every player we can assume that. Therefor there is nothing which harms the representativity of this forum.

And having an email adress, again for every player true.

And to the topic: I want it harder too.

And I want that new players do have fun too, even if there is game content too hard for them.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
The forum (official) is highly representative, because there is no filter or hurdle to participate for everyone. Only prerequsite is to be online and to be able to write (even other languages are available), for every player we can assume that. Therefor there is nothing which harms the representativity of this forum.

And having an email adress, again for every player true.

And to the topic: I want it harder too.

And I want that new players do have fun too, even if there is game content too hard for them.

Hard content is fine. What I'm getting sick of is the mentality a few are displaying, thinking that the game should be "certain death if you fly anything less than a decked out combat ship."

When that ridiculous notion goes away, I'll shut up.

Hard content is fine. What I'm getting sick of is the mentality a few are displaying, thinking that the game should be "certain death if you fly anything less than a decked out combat ship."

This would be unbelievably easy to fix, and would probably bring more balance (and shorter fights) to pvp in general...

Instead of having a few module slots restricted to military and the rest open to military OR non military modules, just make the number of MILITARY modules you can place on a ship restricted. Ta-da! We will be able to have a pvp meta ship and still do missions effectively, nobody will be running around harmless, while the griefers are full milspec!

It would be foolhardy for Frontier to make Thargoids suddenly make newbies cannonfodder. However, there are FAR more players who have been here long enough to have a ship capable of joining in IF THEY WISH.

It's entirely possible that FDev will give new starters a choice of where to start from - Colonia or the original bubble. That would be very sensible.

Just for the record, I'm completely in agreement. In fact, I would be quite amused and content to find NO conventional weapon or shielding is effective, and you are forced to do the necessary to fit Anti-Thargoid equipment.

I don't think the game will suddenly become unplayable because you don't do a "raid".

But I also doubt we will be getting killed at random. Why? Because that's exactly how you kill a game.

I just say that lone wolfs would get excluded from new content this way and that i don't like this idea.

Realistically it can only be one or the other. The third option, RNG-hyperdictions, can only go badly. Not everyone flies a decked out combat ship, and many ships literally can't be a decked out combat ship.

Unless, that is, there's a way for players to show themselves as not hostile. Most people will just shoot, because most people are very simple. See something they don't recognise, they poke it. Classic primate behaviour. It would be cool if us thinkers have the option to not poke it.

Just imagine it this way:
RNG hyperdictions! Those with countermeasures against this EMP will be seen as hostile from the Thargoids. Those without will just be disabled, scanned and than they will be let alone.

This would be a possible way to choose "combat" or to choose "visitor" :)

They've said Thargoids will be optional content. They won't come for you if you don't mess with them. No idea where the total war/end of the safe Bubble people are coming from. It won't happen. Or it probably will, but only in the game narrative/news.

They've also said it's designed for all game modes so there will be single player content, probably even some with medium difficulty so it's not reserved for a minority of veteran players.

Last edited:
They've said Thargoids will be optional content. They won't come for you if you don't mess with them. No idea where the total war end of the safe Bubble people are coming from. It won't happen.

Is there more info on how it could be optional? In which form? Maybe Thargoids only in open? Or not in solo? Or maybe just a common meta on how to survive and escape an encounter?
Something more known yet?

They've said Thargoids will be optional content. They won't come for you if you don't mess with them. No idea where the total war/end of the safe Bubble people are coming from. It won't happen. Or it probably will, but only in the game narrative/news.

I hadn't heard that, thats probably a very smart move, making them optional content. But there are so those that will say they paid for the game and now it had content way beyond their ability or any ability they ever desire to have. Or worse, that fdev simply made an expansion for the min maxers. I have to assume that there will also be self imposable difficulty levels, such as minor invasion zones with Tharglets or something. Lol

Sorry guys, didn't notice you've answered so fast. I've added some things to my post. I guess there will be simply content with differen difficulty levels, altough it may start with only some of them. It would be a waste to introduce a whole new race and make them conten only playable by veteran groups.

Is there more info on how it could be optional? In which form? Maybe Thargoids only in open? Or not in solo? Or maybe just a common meta on how to survive and escape an encounter?
Something more known yet?

I don't like it but here i quote myself:

RNG hyperdictions! Those with countermeasures against this EMP will be seen as hostile from the Thargoids. Those without will just be disabled, scanned and than they will be let alone.

So in this scenario, if we would use the ships how they are at the moment, we choose not to take part at Thargoid war.
But stuffing up with Thargoid-EMP countermeasures and anti Thargoid weapons would be the optional choice to mess with them.
I think this would be a brilliant solution :)

Edit:
....or maybe not. I've just realised that this would make the Thargoids more or less to passive harmless phenomena.
I guess and hope Frontier Devs have some good solutions for all our questions and expectations.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D

A simple, but effective solution. I would be fine with that. I'm sure a number of others too.

Top Bottom