Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

I think its good to see that CMDR's are at least discussing the possibility of having targets set, which cant be a bad thing at all. This is all new with the thargs and the more we engage with the war, the more FD (hopefully) will think this is a winner and improve things for all of us.

Or maybe they wont, but hey, im staying positive for now!

Also you won't know until tomorrow what's involved in repairing the Stations of the two Systems won back this week......Frontier could well have not told us that unless they're fixed in 7 days the Systems 'reset' again to the start of the campaign 🤣

Now, that would be hilarious. 7 Days to push the "reconstruction" bar to 100% (without FC support, mind you) or Thargoid Invasion is back at full swing with a reduced timer for the next attempt to kick them out again :LOL:

About on how to focus on what system, I just thought that if it wouldnt be better if we have somewhere to write and talk to put out an effort for the whole group of players helping. Like a discord group or something like that.

On the other hand, Im trying to unlock the engineers as fast I can to be able to engineer some ships to help deliver cargo or taking people away from the stations. I just dont know where to start when it comes to that, where I would hope one of us had made such thing as I mentioned before. Meanwhile, I also not sure if I can still support indirectly, like if it still counts if Im able to transport cargo to the rescue ships near the front. Like medicine and food.

Also you won't know until tomorrow what's involved in repairing the Stations of the two Systems won back this week......Frontier could well have not told us that unless they're fixed in 7 days the Systems 'reset' again to the start of the campaign 🤣
Agreed. I have a cutter standing by with 700 tons of cargo space just wondering what to bring. I guess I have to go there first and ask them. A galnet article would be helpful and save a trip.

Of course, if I could radio Wakata (Forever!) Station and ask them BEFORE heading out that way, I would. <<hint hint FD>> :sneaky:

CMDRs will vote with their feet, so to speak.

Indeed they will, and indeed they have with Imeut and 63 Eridani! I shall attempt to announce this by fiddling with the opening post here.

a sticky post is only as useful as the first poster's willingness to keep trawling those groups' orders for you and updating the notice.
But could do with a 'Daily War Targets' pinned forum thread instead of having to look everywhere

I intend to give it a good attempt here. I will be perusing the progress periodically for a sample of systems from each Maelstrom, though once started it will be useful to be notified about any promising side-efforts, especially in Alert systems.

tracking where every credible group is allocating its forces suddenly becomes a significant piece of work for someone.

True—and we are going to try!

Like a discord group or something like that.

Please, NO.

Not everyone wants to be beholden to arbitrary rules of some other service, to accept its terms, nor to surrender a phone number for the privilege of using it in any worthwhile capacity. If such becomes the center for coordination, I am out.

I shall attempt to keep summaries up-to-date in two places; edited in at the top of the thread, and as separate posts to which I can link as a means of seeking to that temporal point for conversation. This post is the first of those.

This message is in advance; remember that Week 3 begins mid-morning on the 15th.

Week 3, 15th December 3308​

Alert repelled in Vukurbeh.
HIP 25679, 63 Eridani, Ebisu, Awara, Imeut, Lahua, 29 e Orionis, Ildano, Muruidooges defended from Invasion.

Targets updated at 04:00 22nd December 3308
Obamumbo Invasion + 1 port – 48%
HIP 20527 Alert – 36%
HIP 8525 Invasion + 3 ports – 32%
HIP 23716 Recovery – 24%
Mapon Invasion + 2 ports – 22%
Nu Guang Invasion + 7 ports – 20%
Obassi Osaw Invasion + 1 port – 20%
Muchihiks Invasion + 3 ports – 18%
HIP 29596 Invasion + 7 ports – 14%
Arietis Sector KM-W d1-94 Invasion + 0 ports – 8%
Liu Huang Invasion + 1 port – 8%
Akbakara Invasion + 4 ports – 6%
Tougeir Invasion + 2 ports – 6%
HIP 20916 Invasion + 1 port – 4%
Modigi Invasion + 0 ports – 4%
Pegasi Sector IH-U b3-6 Controlled – 4%
Chinas Invasion + 4 ports – 4%
Kaurukat Invasion + 5 ports – 2%
HIP 20577 Invasion + 1 port – 2%
HIP 7338 Invasion + 3 ports – 2%
Luggerates Alert – 2%
HIP 23593 Alert – 2%
HIP 8825 Invasion + 3 ports – 2%
HIP 20890 Invasion + 3 ports – 2%
Ulche Invasion + 2 ports – 2%
Fotlandjera Invasion + 2 ports – 2%
Col 285 Sector WY-F b12-3 Invasion + 1 port – 2%
HIP 20419 Invasion + 1 port – 2%

Notes
HIP 23716 has entered Recovery for four weeks, and appears to need deliveries.
Three additional Maelstroms are present; one below Khun and two bordering Imperial space.

Week 2, 8th December 3308​

HIP 23716 was defended from Invasion.
Alert was repelled in HIP 20485.

Last edited:
I shall attempt to keep summaries up-to-date in two places; edited in at the top of the thread, and as separate posts to which I can link as a means of seeking to that temporal point for conversation. This post is the first of those.

Week 3, 15th December 3308​

Targets
Start with defending Imeut and 63 Eridani from Invasion, chosen by the efforts of Commanders during Week 2.

Week 2, 8th December 3308​

HIP 23716 was defended from Invasion.
Alert was repelled in HIP 20485.
Good work! Lets see how this pans out. Who knows, in a few years we may be looking back on this as a sticky and discussing the great Thargoid wars and how were were there :cool:

Please, NO.

Not everyone wants to be beholden to arbitrary rules of some other service, to accept its terms, nor to surrender a phone number for the privilege of using it in any worthwhile capacity. If such becomes the center for coordination, I am out.
I didnt meant as to use dicord, but something like dicord, or other live chat ish platform where we better and more efficient could mount a respond and focus on systems to quickly get them freed again: For me currently, I wouldnt know to where best to aid my effort in helping with the war

I adjusted the message slightly to clarify that the war effort balance is presently in flux and may require more targets sooner than expected. Also, I added a reminder that the message has been written in advance of the next cycle, to help prevent Commanders interpreting it as a call to defend those systems immediately.

I didnt meant as to use dicord, but something like dicord, or other live chat ish platform where we better and more efficient could mount a respond and focus on systems to quickly get them freed again: For me currently, I wouldnt know to where best to aid my effort in helping with the war

I understand; this platform should suffice for now, and your last part about knowing where best to direct effort is important enough that I am attempting maintenance of an ongoing message which answers exactly that question. Week 3 is just above, and the top of the thread will have the most recent week.

I understand; this platform should suffice for now, and your last part about knowing where best to direct effort is important enough that I am attempting maintenance of an ongoing message which answers exactly that question. Week 3 is just above, and the top of the thread will have the most recent week.
Im still abit long way to efficiently help directly, but I will look on it once I have a ship ready for it. But I do say it right now. Dont count on me to fight the thargoids. Im not that good at combat. But I hope to help with other stuff as like cargo or getting people out of the stations and systems

I think it'd be wise to see where the remaining Thargoid Maelstroms land first. I mean, we do now know where but we don't know yet which surrounding systems they'll take over.

This in-game narrative offers the chance to contribute in numerous ways, for both die-hard players as well as casual players, combatants as well as rescuers, direct-effort givers as well as support role-fillers, experienced CMDRs as well as new. All of it is important and - let's face it - we need everyone who's willing.

With that in mind, and with a great appreciation of, admiration for, and acknowledgement of the time that players expend, I suggest that summaries or suggestions for where to expend effort to support the cause include remarks about what effort would help in which location(s) or situation(s). If that is defined or described by state, then including a link where that's explained would be very helpful. If it is known what can be done in systems where an invasion was repelled or where an alert was prevented from escalating, that information could also offer players an opportunity to contribute in ways where they feel like they're able to do so.
Many casual players will not know what a particular state infers in terms of what activities would constitute support. The main reason I make the suggestion is that no one is going to read threads like this which will grow enormously. They will hope to get an update and dive in to contribute, so the information would allow them to be more ready regardless of what post number (for example) they enter the information stream.

It's certainly the case that things are very fluid right now, with a couple more maelstroms to arrive and - hopefully - Humanity's knowledge of our opponent growing rapidly (due to the efforts of some of those CMDRs!). We should thus expect the necessity for our tactics to change- perhaps frequently. Remembering that we can only 'make a call' based upon what we know at a given time, we will inevitably adjust as we go.

Let's have some fun - in coop mode.

Last edited:
Stupid(?) question: how do you handle Alert systems? Please forward me to an appropriate thread, if available.
Otherwise:
  • support missions (how, if the alert system is uninhabited)?
  • kill the Orthrus (out of my league)?
  • frustrate the Orthrus (destroy the probe or chase off the Orthrus)?

But I hope to help with other stuff as like cargo or getting people out of the stations and systems

Definitely! Take care of your transport starship armour, some heat sinks for a safer starport approach, and when you are ready perhaps venture into AX Multi-cannon turrets for a few Scout kills on the way.

It occurs to me that large, unarmoured transport starships would be well-served by having a less dangerous Alert target they can progress.

I think it'd be wise to see where the remaining Thargoid Maelstroms land first. I mean, we do now know where but we don't know yet which surrounding systems they'll take over.

I understand the idea, though very much disagree with the word "first". We cannot just wait to name the next targets, because we need concentrated effort right from the start of the cycle. It is fine if Commanders get other ideas during the week and complete them successfully, whether due to additional Maelstroms or otherwise, but I am trying not to let indecision by Tuesday–Wednesday cause our Thursdays to be written-off.

It will be Col 285 Sector IG-O c6-5, Pegasi Sector IH-U b3-3 and HIP 30377 tomorrow morning

The previous ones took over all systems within 15 LY and invaded inhabited systems within 20 LY, for a rough indication of what's going to be immediately lost.

Please note that it is very frustrating for readers seeing this, having no idea where that information is sourced, and having to prod for answers a half-dozen times before getting the actual due diligence which should have been present so as not to appear like a baseless claim.

The source is the Elite Dangerous Twitter account around 1 hour ago, with a video listing those systems (followed with the words "Take appropriate action"):

Arrival2.png

See above, @Danspy501st !

Top Bottom