Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

I think we've done it!
EliteDangerous64 2024-03-01 21-09-26.jpg

Where to next?

Realistically T. Leigong, although it will be a quite scientific act at present, for we know not what the Extremely High resistance means. If it transpires that the resistance makes little difference then that will be interesting; if not, I will try to gather our little harvest wing once more and prepare it a bit for next week!

We know also not the next moments for T. Taranis, although it is quite fine to keep T. Leigong ready while any further T. Taranis actions occur.

We know also not the next moments for T. Taranis
We do.

What happens to the control sphere and active invasions is yet uncertain. But the Thargoids are evacuating in extremely large numbers from the Titan itself. It is possible they are going to head to another.

I meant in the context of next week, itself in the context of whether there will be anything further at M. Taranis versus whether it is as well for pilots just to move to T. Leigong! That said, the likely answer becomes something like yes, after tomorrow.

In the meantime:
  • There is no more Massive energy surge at T. Taranis and it can be visited without being attacked, although Caustic sinks are still required.
  • Nothing attacks Commanders appreciably, and the Titan is too busy exploding to defend itself.
  • Bio-storage capsules can still be rescued, although both Scythes and now Rescue vessels will compete to collect them. The Cutter belly is great for preventing the capsules from drifting too far away, though!
  • Many easily-destroyed Orthrus Interceptors are among those fleeing the Titan; with Sirius missiles having worked well, most Core builds will be also quite good war crimes builds.
Additional: That said, Scythes will also chase Rescue vessels away from the Titan, leaving Commanders in relative peace, which was quite fun to witness!

Last edited:
Nothing attacks Commanders appreciably
I might have to disagree with that. Whether the cause is a trigger-happy pilot attacking the fleeing Thargoids or just their intended behavior, I'm seeing a lot of carnage whenever someone gets noticed by the local Thargoid swarm (in an Open play instance). Their ship usually doesn't last very long because everything focuses them.

And I am not excluding possible effects on the control sphere and/or invasions as soon as the Titan is gone. I'm not sure why people keep fighting there. Do they have to spit on something that is already in agony and dying?

I wonder what our local resident Kerrigan is feeling from the Overmind now?

Or has that plot line been forgotten now?
I'm glad they haven't played that up too much tbh. We've been led by the nose enough without D2 turning up as a spoiler pointer.

• Bio-storage capsules can still be rescued, although both Scythes and now Rescue vessels will compete to collect them. The Cutter belly is great for preventing the capsules from drifting too far away, though!
Can they? I XPWS'ed the titan and found nothing.

Can they? I XPWS'ed the titan and found nothing.
I saw them in my contacts at one point. You might need or want to be in a Solo instance to be sure they’ve not been picked already, but they’re there.

And I’m sure those people might be grateful to not get cooked alive, or become part of a short-lived star. If that is actually what happens with the Titan.

It's lawless space around the titan. Nobody would know if something happened to them...
Or if someone accidentally lured the swarm of Thargoids toward them, not that I’m quite sure what the cause of them going into hyperaggressive patrol mode around the damaged Titan is.

(It does look a little funny when someone goes in trying to pick a fight with that lot and just gets absolutely obliterated. Mind you, I was watching from the safe distance of over a dozen kilometers.)

Top Bottom