Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

I might have to disagree with that. Whether the cause is a trigger-happy pilot attacking the fleeing Thargoids or just their intended behavior, I'm seeing a lot of carnage whenever someone gets noticed by the local Thargoid swarm (in an Open play instance). Their ship usually doesn't last very long because everything focuses them.

And I am not excluding possible effects on the control sphere and/or invasions as soon as the Titan is gone. I'm not sure why people keep fighting there. Do they have to spit on something that is already in agony and dying?
I have to agree. I don't get obliterated. My ship can take it for a while, but yea, they behave as normal. The only thing they seem slower and blind. You can get away from them and they'll turn around.

Any reason not to try and clear Controls in Leigong, as it seems the next easiest to defeat?

I flipped Arietis Sector KM-W d1-93 solo (mostly because I was curious how mass-limpeting works), but notice that there seems far more being done around Hadad and Raijin which are both Maximum. Not been watching the war mechanics closely so I'm probably missing something. Thx!

Any reason not to try and clear Controls in Leigong, as it seems the next easiest to defeat?

I flipped Arietis Sector KM-W d1-93 solo (mostly because I was curious how mass-limpeting works), but notice that there seems far more being done around Hadad and Raijin which are both Maximum. Not been watching the war mechanics closely so I'm probably missing something. Thx!

Thank you! I had been eyeing it and some of the other weaker M. Leigong systems for a possible return to harvesting, so that will be one fewer.

Did that yield for you any measure of the system strength? I have not been up-to-date with strengths since the December increase while we were clearing away M. Leigong the first time, after which its strength would have been 1729 research, but I think that changed in January.

Thank you! I had been eyeing it and some of the other weaker M. Leigong systems for a possible return to harvesting, so that will be one fewer.

Did that yield for you any measure of the system strength? I have not been up-to-date with strengths since the December increase while we were clearing away M. Leigong the first time, after which its strength would have been 1729 research, but I think that changed in January.
I estimated it was around 2130 : I actually delivered 2321 - which shows as an excess in the WarProgress

I estimated it was around 2130 : I actually delivered 2321 - which shows as an excess in the WarProgress

Wonderful, thank you again! Scaling down to 100% progress, that looks to be around 25% above the December numbers, and I think we will be able to work with that for that little cloud of Control systems on the other side, next to all of those other Alert systems.

Speaking of which, that Control system was also the only attacker at M. Leigong this week; I am hoping I can rally enough at least to stop any further large rounds of attacks, especially from any new Control systems. I am very hesitant to ask about Alert-repelling prospects until I can secure Control-eviction, though!

Does anybody have the data on spire site reactivation timeline.

Alert -> Control, +1 week to reactivate?

In another question,
It would look like Leigong could use another 2 or 3 systems to clear by sampling and then just keep up with the Alerts during the next week or two for final destruction. Thoughts?

Does anybody have the data on spire site reactivation timeline.

Unless something changed with update 18, the previous Spire sites at M. Leigong are useless to us now—we know that new Control there will appear to reoccupy the site, however it grants no further peripheral progress! Reoccupied Matrix systems were functioning as normal Control systems do.

Additional: To answer though, a fair while—M. Leigong now gets no attacks this week, then next week it ought to be within range to strike Arietis Sector YE-R b4-3, a previous Matrix system.

It would look like Leigong could use another 2 or 3 systems to clear by sampling and then just keep up with the Alerts during the next week or two for final destruction. Thoughts?

The first such blow has been struck already at Arietis Sector KM-W d1-93, and I am eyeing Arietis Sector XJ-R b4-1 now, with still over ten minutes for the Carrier jump I started just over an hour ago. Ironically the biggest barrier preventing the weakening of T. Leigong is the exodus at T. Taranis!

Ironically the biggest barrier preventing the weakening of T. Leigong is the exodus at T. Taranis!
Indeed. I can’t even schedule a carrier jump right now.

we know that new Control there will appear to reoccupy the site,
Apparently Taranis’ Thargoids just didn’t bother to reactivate the one they took back at their Titan, however I have not actually been there to verify myself. Which begs the Elite-old question of “Was spires retaken by Thargoids reactivating a bug or a feature?”.

I may also be a little too pessimistic, but I’m not sure if Taranis is dead dead… (partly because apparently people already managed to push through to a new repulsion wave that triggers if you somehow survive the absurdly intense caustic corrosion)

But also… why would it have bothered pushing human ships away from it if it was just going to go down? I’m not sure if we’ve made things better or worse…

At least Taranis’ local front should get some reprieve.

Just to ensure clarity without bloat statements for the community as a whole so there's no language barriers.

Leigong Next Target:
Cycle 66
  • Take enough periphery controls to move under 10 total controls for "moderate resistance level" for cycle 67.
  • Maintain Alerts (26k this week if calculators are correct), so that no new controls are added.
  • Begin attacking Leigong.
Cycle 67
  • Maintain Alerts, so that no new controls are added past 9. (Moderate resists)
  • Continue Attacking Leigong

Sound about right?

Apparently Taranis’ Thargoids just didn’t bother to reactivate the one they took back at their Titan, however I have not actually been there to verify myself. Which begs the Elite-old question of “Was spires retaken by Thargoids reactivating a bug or a feature?”.
Neither did the one at Cocijo. Behavior definitely changed after U18.

Neither did the one at Cocijo. Behavior definitely changed after U18.
Arietis Sector HG-X b1-0 and Hyades Sector ST-Q b5-5 both are reactivated. I personally went there. Whether or not the progress the periphery, I do not know. From DCOH data, they became a control on 1 FEB. Prior to U18.

At present none of the systems around Taranis are weaker, this may not even happen till Thursday. We don't know if they will continue to expand or what the difficulty might be.

With Leigong hammering the Titan may do more than clearing its alerts and controls. 21 systems isn't that many more than 14.

With Leigong hammering the Titan may do more than clearing its alerts and controls. 21 systems isn't that many more than 14.
True. But if we clear some controls we can learn 2 things next week:

• If ppl manage to clear it out at Extremely High then we don't need to fear clearing out Extremely High systems (and we can stop caring so much about Damage Resistance)
  • If ppl don't manage to clear out Extremely High we might find out more about where the switch to High is - and maybe make more progress after Thursday

If we don't clear controls we still get to find the first, but would then need to do the test the following Thursday if we didn't guess right 🤷‍♀️

True. But if we clear some controls we can learn 2 things next week:

• If ppl manage to clear it out at Extremely High then we don't need to fear clearing out Extremely High systems (and we can stop caring so much about Damage Resistance)
  • If ppl don't manage to clear out Extremely High we might find out more about where the switch to High is - and maybe make more progress after Thursday

If we don't clear controls we still get to find the first, but would then need to do the test the following Thursday if we didn't guess right 🤷‍♀️
Sure, I'm all for a bit of experimenting if people want to do that and pinning down the thresholds for each damage resistance state is a worthy experiment. Not saying anyone shouldn't do it, but for example this week we hoped trying to clear some of the systems around Taranis would help weaken the Titan but it got hammered without the need to.

Logically with no Titan to reinforce them all the systems round Taranis should be easier to clear, distance to the Titan no longer being an issue. For now the system still melts guardian stuff and hyperdictions and interdictions are still frequent, which suggests that any weakening of the systems Taranis has left behind won't be done till Thargsday.

Oh yeah, certainly wouldn't worry about Taranis myself. Hadn;t even thought to worry about them :D

edit: Also not much point in weakening leigong too much as it won't help any of the others whether the limit is 10 or 12 as they have a lot more controls.

Top Bottom