Thargoid Spire confirmed

Pegasi Sector KC-U b3-4

Screenshot 2023-10-16 225120.png

And it has defenses:

Last edited:
Some nice codex findes if you land there ^^
Just didn't find a good way back to the ground, without death plummeting.
I just recalled my ship, (ICourier) and it landed neatly on the high platform, like an official landing pad.

Now I'm glad that I have that Artemis suit (improved jump, better battery, reduced batt. consumption, night vision) and that it has some purpose, so far I haven't used it much, and for scanning plants, all that engineering wasn't particularly important.

I found that nerve clusters can be turned off with energy link overcharging, is there any other way?
And I just picked up my first Spire Refinery Compound.

Last edited:
I think nerves just respond to overload - though the ground-nerve puzzle seems to lead to shootable stuff that gives SRV mats (yet to collect any as I was on foot at the time - they roll nice so I might try and dribble them back to my ship). The spire-nerve puzzle is fun, need to check and see if anyone has come across the other Spire Refinery variant as I've just seen the regular version.

Palin asks about the srv-mats, but he didn't seem interested in the spire refinery stuff. More to do!

SRV Mats you say? Uh, that's going to be tricky, getting the SRV in without getting shot by Revenants and Banshees.
I haven't tried that yet, like you, I was just on-foot.

We have hearts, tissue samples, tactical core chips, biological matter, technological components, and loads of other goid related physical items and data mats.

Where's our proper xeno engineer? Too busy making Frankenstein monsters to offer us upgrades?
I hope so too, that's why I keep chemical and biological weapon data in my inventory, in the hope that some engineer will appear for an on-foot ax fight.

I think nerves just respond to overload - though the ground-nerve puzzle seems to lead to shootable stuff that gives SRV mats (yet to collect any as I was on foot at the time - they roll nice so I might try and dribble them back to my ship). The spire-nerve puzzle is fun, need to check and see if anyone has come across the other Spire Refinery variant as I've just seen the regular version.

Palin asks about the srv-mats, but he didn't seem interested in the spire refinery stuff. More to do!
Huh. Ground ground or the ones in the missile domes? I turned all three of the bulbs red but didn't notice anything happen.

Huh. Ground ground or the ones in the missile domes? I turned all three of the bulbs red but didn't notice anything happen.
When you turn off the nerve clusters, that bulb turns red and then you shoot it, and material falls out. (I use L-6) It is then collected from SRV. You can also shoot those high hanging offal, shooting from SRV or on-foot.

Perhaps we should continue this exchange of information in another thread that has been open since the day before yesterday https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/thargoid-spire-confirmed.620590/

By the way, I accidentally discovered when I landed my ship on one of the high platforms, that those little vents can launch you high (when you're on foot), if you catch the right moment. We also need to see what the small thargoid refinery can be used for, if we can put some of our materials inside.
As recommended :)

On the refinery... a naive thing would be for the equivalent of a sabotage mission, injecting (something) into it... whether that's explicit in a mission, or implicit in there is something you can add to mess things up, remains to be seen.

When you turn off the nerve clusters, that bulb turns red and then you shoot it, and material falls out. (I use L-6) It is then collected from SRV. You can also shoot those high hanging offal, shooting from SRV or on-foot.

What are the materials that fall out of both those places? I think this will deconflict the idea that I found something else... if they're the impure and semi-refined things, then yeah... I found them too (just didn't get them out in an SRV, because I had no ship at the time.

I’ve found a
bio scanning point, impure and semi-refined spire material underneath the mega barnacles. Are you saying there’s a third SRV pickup, or a second Ody material that I missed?

Because getting underneath there and back out while keeping a vehicle is a really big pain. I didn’t kill any Revenants though(damn xeno-peace agreements… joking, but it does not make exploration where it feels like quietly disposing of a target would help a lot easier), so that doesn’t help my case.
Yeah so it sounds like simply because I couldn't identify the different cargoes, I may just be talking about either the impure or semi-refined, whatever falls off the roof of the mega barnacle

Where's that bio scan point?

Top Bottom