The 5 min carrier jump cooldown is killing me. Poll: Need to change to 1min? Removed?

It's only happening to me?

I can live (more or less) with 15m countdown to jump, but the 5 minutes unable to draw next target don't have any sense and I think that must be removed or reduced to 1min. I think it kill the game flow. What CMDR's think about it?

a) Nah, it's ok. Loooooooser.
b) You're right, needs to be reduced to 1min.
c) You're right, needs to be removed.
d) You're right, but don't remove it, let's move to a manual time chosen for the owner instead.

Civil responses are expected :)

Last edited:
You can use that time to undock, scan the system, and once the 5mns have passed schedule the next jump remotely before going back to the carrier.

Just be careful to make sure you're close enough to dock before the lockdown starts, or you can be left behind. Not that it ever happened to me though! (*)

(*) yeah it totally did... twice so far...

Last edited:
I was on beta. I know they reduced it to this value. But not happy with it yet.
Read around and there are still a few voices heard here who are unhappy about anything FC related that involves upkeep, fuel useage, obtaining fuel, waiting to jump, crew faces...

I guess if everything could happen, immediately, for no cost, zero fuel useage and the crew were all page 3 girls (or guys, or otherwise) then someone would still find something not to their satisfaction...

It’s not a problem for me either. Though I tend to mark my next jump as a bookmark and make my own way there scanning along the way and having my Carrier follow on behind. That way if I find an amazing system or somewhere I want to hang around on the way I can jump the Carrier there instead without having to bring it back.

With a 60ly jump range it’s only ever around 8/9 jumps max if I don’t use economy plotting...but I do, because I’m greedy for great finds. Still looking though:rolleyes::)

Read around and there are still a few voices heard here who are unhappy about anything FC related that involves upkeep, fuel useage, obtaining fuel, waiting to jump, crew faces...

I guess if everything could happen, immediately, for no cost, zero fuel useage and the crew were all page 3 girls (or guys, or otherwise) then someone would still find something not to their satisfaction...
The only thing I don't like about them is their tendency to park too close to whatever body they're orbiting. It's juuuuuust close enough to be inconvenient.

Top Bottom