Ships The Adder Appreciation Thread

Ahhhh... the Adder. This bucket of joy was the first ship I bough after my starter sidey on the way towards a Cobra. Didn't have it very long, but remembered that it was fun. So I thought, I wonder what it would be like, if I dressed it out to the nines. Back then, I used it as a stepping stone and didn't upgrade it much so as to not hinder my progress on the way to my Cobra, but I wonder now what it could really do. Well....
http://coriolis.io/outfit/adder/33A3A3A1A2A3A3C1g1818000kB429272725.Iw1+kA==.IwBj4yyA?bn=My Adder
This was a lot of fun. Took it to the nearest RES, had fun taking down ships twice my size. In the end, it couldn't outrun a massive wing of 4 clippers and a python though, but it was fun.
Oh, and for the FdL owners who complain about the cockpit view, go fly an Adder. You'll gain a whole new appreciation.

Haha, exactly You can get better visibility and FoV in an old T-34 :D
As I am not really a Cobra fan, when I'm starting the game, I usually stick with the Adder up until the T6, or at least DBX, since its launch.:)

All and all, I always have a great deal of fun with this little tank.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Ever since the arrival of Horizons, the Adder has become a much more important ship to anyone looking at exploring ASAP in this game.

The Hauler is still king if you want a cheap ship just for mapping space, but if you want to add landings to the equation, well, this...

http://coriolis.io/outfit/adder/02A2D3A1D1D3D3C-----2tv63u2i2f.AwRj49TI.Aw1+kA==

Not even 3 million at a LYR discount, you can easily have this fully capable explorer in your first day of the game. As long as you fly smart, and be selective on the planets you choose to land on, then the lack of an AFMU shouldn't be a problem.

Ever since the arrival of Horizons, the Adder has become a much more important ship to anyone looking at exploring ASAP in this game.

The Hauler is still king if you want a cheap ship just for mapping space, but if you want to add landings to the equation, well, this...

http://coriolis.io/outfit/adder/02A2D3A1D1D3D3C-----2tv63u2i2f.AwRj49TI.Aw1+kA==

Not even 3 million at a LYR discount, you can easily have this fully capable explorer in your first day of the game. As long as you fly smart, and be selective on the planets you choose to land on, then the lack of an AFMU shouldn't be a problem.
Excellent point! The Adder always had a niche as an entry level this-or-that, I see where it makes a good planetary lander.
Know what my favorite feature of the Adder is? The way the hatch covers spin when you deploy the hardpoints.

Deleted member 110222

D
Excellent point! The Adder always had a niche as an entry level this-or-that, I see where it makes a good planetary lander.
Know what my favorite feature of the Adder is? The way the hatch covers spin when you deploy the hardpoints.

I always thought the hatch covers were pretty funky. :)

Adder was the first ship I bought after my initial Sidewinder back when I first played this game on my original Xbox account. I have a lot of respect for the ship as a result.

Awesome! Only thing... As we are talking planetary landings, here, I would probably sacrifice 1LY for 3A thrusters. Just to be safe.

Ferdy has the same thing. I love it! :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Awesome! Only thing... As we are talking planetary landings, here, I would probably sacrifice 1LY for 3A thrusters. Just to be safe.

Ferdy has the same thing. I love it! :D

That's a reasonable move, using the A-thrusters.

I agree with all the above and especially this ;)

"Oh, and for the FdL owners who complain about the cockpit view, go fly an Adder. You'll gain a whole new appreciation."

That cockpit makes me feel like I'm wearing an eyepatch although you'll never see the FAS that rammed you!

i earned my first exploration AspE in my first exploration adder, and still have a weak spot for it. i use it as a taxi, even if i know, a hauler would perform better, i use it for cashing in bonds and bounties and collecting missions, if i'm flying my cutter... i have an a-rated build in dock called "marvin's law". yeah, the view - actually i think it's cosy, but i'm loving the pythons or fdl's cockpit, too :) and i plan on running a longrange mission or two in it. should be as much fun as taking an eagle to a high res - when you cash in multiple of the ships purchase and outfitting price!

It's the Planet Express Ship of Elite!

Adder was my second ship after the starterwinder for that purpose.

Sold it almost immediately because of the abysmal view. I use the head-lock feature a lot, and a nice view is important to me. (I don't get why everyone complains about the FDL cockpit, I think the viability is fantastic)

I want to get one again just to fit it out like the plan-Ex ship and Bend my way around the Galaxy.

Here's Bessie:

60920x1332.jpg

Ah, I decked out an Adder with 22 tons of cargo and running a loop for 3,000cr/ton for what felt an eternity on my way to getting a Cobra and a decent spec too. It was nimble, great jump range and made 1,000Ls SC trips a doddle. Definitely a very viable cheap as chips planetary explorer but don't skimp on the thrusters!

Top Bottom