The Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Last Gasp - Resuscitated (Magic 8-Ball Championship, Race 8)

Leaderboards - day 06

TQWLApy.png

Let's start with unlimited today and just one new entry from Cmdr OrangePheonix with our first DBX of the race. Making all 5 deliveries, the DBXbendable makes the run with 25 seconds or air remaining and a total score of 10??.?? LY to take 9th place. A solid first run but with regulation Cobra's going further I'm not sure the excuse that the run "was completed on stream whilst answering questions about the race" is quite gonna swing it! Personally I'd blame Warbucks!

Meanwhile, in regulation class and first to submit was a brand new entry from Rocky Star. With just over 30 seconds left, the Wilmlow drops into the middle of the 700 pack and takes 8th place. Next and I'm delighted to see Buckyball biographer Cmdr Homborger has managed to make the race after all with his usual "bizarre landings". Finishing with just over a minute of air left, Wormwood's Bane narrowly avoids stealing Draig Seren's last place with a total distance of 5??. And finally, continuing the closely fought battle with Elastul Ma'fer, Cmdr jspace manages to add a 5th stop to his "Zen" run and breaks into the 1k club to snatch 2nd place with 109 seconds remaining.

Today's fun fact - the furthest system so far visited is well over 420 light years away!

Last edited:
Anybody had problems with the "Apply Filter To Route" setting not working? Damn thing tried to take me via two non-scoopables in a row.
Kinda puts rather a crimp on remaining oxygen.

1664477078573.png

Huh, well here's a thing. I just managed to complete my funsies regulation Cobra run and, including 25LY bonus (1:15 left on the clock), it clocked in at 1,1??.66 which would put me in 1st place! God damn it, who came up with this stupid rule that race organisers can only earn 1 point for their own race?

0FpHcJh.gif
Care to share the locations?

Top Bottom