The Buckyball Racing Club presents: Tunnel-ish Vision (Swift-16 Championship, Race 3)

Now that the dust bits of ship have settled a little summary and collection, folk looking back might find racers thoughts and the videos useful for SC approaches/knowledge:

Final boards are here:

Regulation:
1st place Ozric posted his run and wrote about it here:

2nd place Kevin the Stabber's run:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaB2IjI1fv4

3rd place Bruski:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wesYA1dCfUc

Unlimited:
1st place Shaye Blackwood posted and wrote about his run here:

Shaye's bloopers:

2nd place Aken B. posted and wrote about his run here:

3rd place Bruski:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxYLOLwBDkE

Finally Raiko who was 4th on both boards posted and wrote about his runs here:

Last edited:
The hospitality was absolutely adequate. And the hospital, too :D .

Sorry for the dents! 😬
the-dark-knight-hospital.gif

Man I really want to thank you again @sgurr , I have been having a lot of fun and losing A LOT of ships learning FA-off. @Alec Turner . I mentioned last night that I finally found a Soontill 2 A equivalent in the middle of the bubble. I used those body search tools I mentioned in the other thread to find it, but I also added 'planetary rings' in the search. I went through a ton of planets directly in person before I found this one and it's only 43 light years from Jameson Memorial (also has lots of different terrain... Dark Blue is mostly Canyons The Greenish part had lots of Spikey taller mountains.. Because of this race and the FA-off, I really wanted to do planetary FA-off as well and saw @DangerPencil video and spent the last 2 weeks trying to learn his racetrack at Soontill and knew I needed to find something like that in the bubble... Surprising this system I found has very little traffic, only me and one other CMDR all week... But also I searched the web and didn't find any mention of this planet or canyon running on it. So I'm supper happy. The Planet is 5-C in the 'Wolf 1060' System. There are Stations and settlements in system, but like I said very little CMDR traffic.

Here are a couple race tracks I've been working on (with Crashes of course, I'm not that good yet) First is 'Ski Slope'... The vid doesn't show the full track, but it is the first time I started understanding the 'Cargo-Scooping' in FA-off... The other 2 videos are 2 slow walk through of the other 2 tracks that I might be getting help refining them and a crash and burn lol. and then pics of the planet... I'm really hoping it becomes a good Canyon running spot.

Wolf 1060_(5 c)_Willyum-71_2023-07-05_05-15-19.jpg

Wolf 1060_(5 c)_Willyum-71_2023-07-05_05-16-37.jpg

Wolf 1060_(5 c)_Willyum-71_2023-07-05_07-23-35.jpg

Wolf 1060_(5 c)_Willyum-71_2023-07-05_07-25-42.jpg

Man I really want to thank you again @sgurr , I have been having a lot of fun and losing A LOT of ships learning FA-off. @Alec Turner . I mentioned last night that I finally found a Soontill 2 A equivalent in the middle of the bubble. I used those body search tools I mentioned in the other thread to find it, but I also added 'planetary rings' in the search. I went through a ton of planets directly in person before I found this one and it's only 43 light years from Jameson Memorial (also has lots of different terrain... Dark Blue is mostly Canyons The Greenish part had lots of Spikey taller mountains.. Because of this race and the FA-off, I really wanted to do planetary FA-off as well and saw @DangerPencil video and spent the last 2 weeks trying to learn his racetrack at Soontill and knew I needed to find something like that in the bubble... Surprising this system I found has very little traffic, only me and one other CMDR all week... But also I searched the web and didn't find any mention of this planet or canyon running on it. So I'm supper happy. The Planet is 5-C in the 'Wolf 1060' System. There are Stations and settlements in system, but like I said very little CMDR traffic.

Here are a couple race tracks I've been working on (with Crashes of course, I'm not that good yet) First is 'Ski Slope'... The vid doesn't show the full track, but it is the first time I started understanding the 'Cargo-Scooping' in FA-off... The other 2 videos are 2 slow walk through of the other 2 tracks that I might be getting help refining them and a crash and burn lol. and then pics of the planet... I'm really hoping it becomes a good Canyon running spot.

View attachment 360445

View attachment 360446

View attachment 360447

View attachment 360448
Awesome - I know where I'm headed tomorrow!

Lots of good stuff around-62, -140... really almost all the dark blue/grey areas are good. But the canyons that formed around the edges of meteor craters in those blue areas are the best...lots of sudden climbs and drops, often in tight spaces.
Those coordinates were in the dark today but I see what you mean about the blue areas, absolutely gorgeous! Spent a fair bit of time in the SRV there today. Beautiful although the 0.3g makes high speed long distance travel a bit punishing on occasion! :LOL:

Those coordinates were in the dark today but I see what you mean about the blue areas, absolutely gorgeous! Spent a fair bit of time in the SRV there today. Beautiful although the 0.3g makes high speed long distance travel a bit punishing on occasion! :LOL:
You may have entered one of the coordinates as a positive instead of negative. One of my biggest planetary search criteria's is that the planet has a very long 'day cycle' to be able to setup events and meetups at least a week or two ahead of time. This planet has a 3 month day cycle. It also has 2 settlements far apart on the planet to be able to target for getting your approach vector closer to where the event might be. In this short vid I'm using the Compass navigator from EDDiscovery... I did it just now cause I was surprised to see you say it was in the dark...

The second video I will put in spoilers because it is very embarrassing... It's my first time ever trying to make any kind of instructional vid and I sound like an un-rehearsed idiot. I was showing someone how to use the Compass Overlay for approach and to make planetary 'Touchdown Waypoints' for learning or setting up race tracks.

Here is real-time EDDi Compass tool overlay...

(EDIT: by the way Alec, I know you know perfectly well how to use the compass because I learned about compass's from You!... I just posting this for anyone else who might not know)

Here is track locations with settlement location for approach vectors and showing 'day cycle... Chapman Biological is closest settlement.

Wolf 1060_(5 c)_Willyum-71_2023-07-07_11-09-56.jpg

and better visible coordinates... (by the way, the planet appears to be matching the system map view angle)

Wolf 1060_(5 c)_Willyum-71_2023-07-07_10-49-54.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom