The Build-It Zoo

Love the rock and the foliage, nice natural shelter too, glad to see you're improving with each habitat. :D 👍
Can't wait for the last poll and for the next area!
Thanks. It was inspired by a suggestion from @KönigDerKaffeebohnen where I do a mountain-like area, but I couldn't get it to work, so I tried this (by the way, 1 of the trees is actually a Scotts pine scratching post)

Our trek through east Asia is hearing its end. We have met many wonderful species, such as the adorable red panda, the Jacuzzi-loving Japanese macaque, the mysterious Chinese pangolin, and the powerful Siberian tiger.

We will be returning home, but not without a wonderful new creature. Say hello to our final contestants:

1. Formosan black bear - we still have an opportunity to acquire a pair of these beauties. Wonderful
  2. Snow leopard - so elusive it's almost a myth, snow leopards are native to the Himalayas
  3. Giant panda - the symbol of conservation and a Chinese national treasure, theur numbers have risen, and they are now classed as vulnerable

We can't wait to bring our final member to Boogaloo Zoo. And remember: all your contributions have helped the zoo grow so much. We thank you for all you have provided, from tips to suggestions to workshop items.

Our trek through east Asia is hearing its end. We have met many wonderful species, such as the adorable red panda, the Jacuzzi-loving Japanese macaque, the mysterious Chinese pangolin, and the powerful Siberian tiger.

We will be returning home, but not without a wonderful new creature. Say hello to our final contestants:

1. Formosan black bear - we still have an opportunity to acquire a pair of these beauties. Wonderful
  2. Snow leopard - so elusive it's almost a myth, snow leopards are native to the Himalayas
  3. Giant panda - the symbol of conservation and a Chinese national treasure, theur numbers have risen, and they are now classed as vulnerable

We can't wait to bring our final member to Boogaloo Zoo. And remember: all your contributions have helped the zoo grow so much. We thank you for all you have provided, from tips to suggestions to workshop items.
Panda!

And the polls are finished. Thank you for your votes, here are the results:

1. Formosan black bear/moonbear - so close, yet so far. With only 1 vote, this bear has been cast aside
  2. Snow leopard - with 1 vote, this myth wants to stay a myth and hang out in its Himalayan lair
  3. Giant panda - the symbol of conservation has come to the zoo, with 4 votes

Visitors, patrons, VIPs visiting tbe zoo, Gems of the East is now complete. Onward to the next part of the world. Who knows what discoveries we'll make, what new animals will be found...

So, a short little update.

Land of the Giant Pandas, large enclosure to house a family of pandas. 2 female, 1 male, and we hope to jave a good breeding program for them:
download (9).jpeg

download (2).jpeg
download (1).jpeg
download (8).jpeg

The guest area. Underneath tbe pandas can hide from the guests if they ever get overwhelmed:
download (4).jpeg

And a little cave for them to sleep in, as well:
download (6).jpeg

In the back, there's a little pond and waterfalls:
download (7).jpeg

download (3).jpeg
download (5).jpeg

The zoo hasn't received much updates, but we have hired a local gardener to make the place beautiful. And we are hoping to soon open the Treasure Trove Cafe, a nice eating area, complete with bathrooms and many delicious foods:
download.jpeg

The Treasure Trove Cafe will be located in the big, open area next to the little power/water stations.

As of right now, we have all the enclosures for Gems of the East, and will soon build our next section of zoo.

(A little tip, although y'all know this, likely: I've learned that using plants help, so if you ever want to use a nice, large plant, my favorite is the Giant rhubarb, especially the biggest one. It's easy to fill up spaces and I can easily put trees in between so it has some variety, to spice it up)

Ok, we have trekked through the jungles of Africa and explored the cold regions of east Asia. But we're not finished in Asia just yet. We have decided to bring the unknown of Indonesia and the rest of southeast Asia to you. We will begin The Mysterious Islands (named after Jules Verne's book. It's a good read, I might add)

First up in the poll:

1. Babirusa - a strange pig with not 2, but 4 tusks sticking out. They are featured in many zoos all over
  2. Dhole - a canine that has the courage tk stand to against tigers, these red dogs are a sight to see
  3. Bingturong - not much known about these animals. But their urine smells like popcorn

Top Bottom