The Build-It Zoo

#TeamBabirusa
They're so adorable and cute, look at these piglets!
View attachment 254403
Off-on subject, but I just got back from NE Texas, and we saw 5 wild boar; although a nuisance, I actually liked seeing them. Wow. It's been a few years, and now they're smaller (maybe their numbers are getting controlled? I don't know). Anyway, there was 1 piglet, and it was cute seeing it burrow and then trot up to the larger one (maybe it's mom).

Basically, I'm agreeing that all pigs are cute, even the pesky ones

Well, here are the results, everybody:

Binturong - I'm so sorry, but not 1 single vote. Maybe next time

So, it appears we have a the: both the dhole and the babirusa have 3 votes each. Now, I never determined what to do in a tie, so, just this once, I will be acquiring both for the zoo (and figuring out what to do for tiebreakers in the future, something I should've done since the beginning)

Put both animals in one habitat and See Who dies first/let them live thogether in peace
I don't think the AZA will allow that.

But I do have another question: how does hunting work in the game? I've never seen an animal hunt another one. Is there pack coordination or just a free-for-all like in JWE 1? (Maybe, since JWE 2 is getting pack hunting, PZ may get it as well?)

I managed to finish Dhole Terrace today. I'm actually quite proud of it, despite not as amazing as my other habitats:
download (7).jpeg
download (1).jpeg

A moat to protect guests.
download (3).jpeg

As of right now, guests facility and info boards aren't installed.

download (2).jpeg

Entrance 1 for their cave.
download (4).jpeg

Entrance 2 for their cave.
download.jpeg

Some reeds and flowers.
download (5).jpeg

An open area to play

download (8).jpeg

Beautiful Dalilah (named her after my very first dog)

download (6).jpeg

The zoo has expanded quite a bit. I'm proud of my work, but I know I can improve a lot.

Tomorrow I'll begin the babirusas...

When we are talking about improving, i have 2 tips for you:
- A pretty fence makes a pretty habitat. In many cases its Not needed to pump your habitat full with stuff and you just need some eyecatching elements like some rocks and treestumps in the habitat itself, while Outsourcing things like large trees or bamboo behind the habitat, cleaning up the view while still having the effect of lets say looking like the habitat is in a dense forest, even though the habitat it self might Not even have any trees in its. Most of the Time the overall ambiente and panorama can Do a lot for an on its own boring looking habitat. It also helps the Zoo to feel more organic and like a real place.

- Go wild with the terrain tools. Put them on like 50% and try to let them overlap a bit, making the area look more organic.
A good Start to Do that is to mark down animal pathwork in dark or Light soil and working over and around it with the soils and Grass till your satisfied. Try it out, you will See what i mean.

But overall, its really cool to See you improve! You can Really be proud of yourself as you came quite the far way allready, becoming better with every post here ^^

Yeah basicly, it helps to make it feel lived in. I especally like it with hoofstock like antelopes or zebras, as they tend to stomp the Grass away, eventhough other animals Do that to.
In most real Zoos are blank spots of dirt in places where the animals tend to walk around Most, for example the entrance to their shelter or their Main routune trail

Yeah basicly, it helps to make it feel lived in. I especally like it with hoofstock like antelopes or zebras, as they tend to stomp the Grass away, eventhough other animals Do that to.
In most real Zoos are blank spots of dirt in places where the animals tend to walk around Most, for example the entrance to their shelter or their Main routune trail
A lot of real zoos won't even include live foliage for their hoofstock, opting instead for a sandy-clay substrate (in-game I use a blend of light soil and coarse sand for this). The same goes for primates, which are typically destructive of plantlife, so the habitat is most often a big climbing frame with grass and foliage around the exterior.

Ok, updates. 1st of all, I made a 2nd enclosure for babirusas, but it was bigger than than the dhole enclosure, so I moved the pack into the new one and fixed the old one for babirusas.

So, here's Babirusa Terrace:
download (1).jpeg
download (2).jpeg
download (3).jpeg

Klein the babirusa. Somewhere else is Ms. Piggy and Marmalade

And now for Dhole Gulch:
download.jpeg
download (4).jpeg

I was inspired by something @KönigDerKaffeebohnen said about making the fences nicer, so I put rocks around the glass to give it a nice effect (my 1st time doing this)
download (5).jpeg
download (6).jpeg
download (7).jpeg

A lotta dirt, a lot of dirt.
I'm going to add a bunch more reeds and bushes.

download (8).jpeg

A small part of the Mysterious Islands

Another week through the exploration of Indonesia. Last week we acquired not 1, but 2 strange species: the dhole and the babirusa.

(From now on, if there's ever a tie, the animal that was voted on 1st is the winner, for simplicity)

Ok, this week we will be given the opportunity to house the 3 following species:
  1. Malayan tapir - a large animal with a strange trunk
  2. Proboscis monkey - imagine either Jimmy Durante or a Minecraft villager. There's your monkey
  3. Komodo dragon - a powerful predator with dangerous venom

Top Bottom