The Build-It Zoo

Just a quick reminder to those who haven't voted yet:

Poll ends tomorrow afternoon.

So far komodo has 3 and the monkey has 3. Tapir has 1

the dragon *rawwwww

btw i like this project!
Thank you very much

And now, the results:

Malaya tapir, we're sorry, but you won't be getting the all-expenses paid trip to Boogaloo Zoo, with only 1 vote.

Proboscis monkey, you almost made it, with 3 votes. As compensation, we'll give you a lifetime supply of leaves to eat. Deal?

And finally, Komodo dragon, you've clearly shown who's boss around here, with 4 votes. Pack up your bags, you're joining the Boogaloo Zoo family.

And that the end of "Leopardy", the animal based game that has no connections to Jeopardy.

Next week we'll be getting 3 more contestants

Say hello to our new exhibit:

Komodo Dragon Bridge
download (1).jpeg

It was such a headache to figure out how to make it deep enough for a bridge then to make it deep enough for staff to pass then to make it smooth enough for the dragons not to stay stuck at the gate. Ayayay

download (3).jpeg

The bridge itself. Since I couldn't add railing for whatever reason, I got an Asian fence and made 1 wall, then copied it on the other side.

download (5).jpeg

This is the entrance. Such a hassle, this has to be my most hated enclosure because it was irritating figuring it out, but I did it.

download (6).jpeg

Y'all see that opening on the top middle-right? That's where they come from the gate. To the left is a tiny little pond
download (2).jpeg

You can kinda see the pond on the back.
download.jpeg

And finally, the animals. 2 Komodo dragons, I named the make Gris, which is Spanish for gray/grey. I don't remember what I named the female

Well, that about wraps it up. I'm going to start marking new areas for the next enclosures and add some decorations to the Mysterious Islands and work a bit around everything.

Thanks for your visit and donations

Surprise mini-poll:

I wanted to make another enclosure (I'm getting faster and faster), so this is an experimental poll. Here's how it'll work:

I'll take past "losers" and give them a second chance. It will start on Saturday and end Sunday morning. That way I can feature a bit more animals and have something new to do. If it works out, then I'll throw one in every so often.

So, as part of the 1st experiment, let's try the following:

1. Binturong
  2. Proboscis monkey
  3. Malayan tapir
Now let's see who'll win.

If it works, next week I'll do one for East Asia and then another for Tropical Africa

Ok, our newest addition: Proboscis Monkey Swamp
download.jpeg
download (1).jpeg

The 2 females: Betty and Charlotte.
download (2).jpeg
download (6).jpeg

Jimmy Durante himself; a living legend (I really named him that)

download (3).jpeg
download (4).jpeg
download (5).jpeg

Lots of water for them to swim, reeds to hide in. And the wooden structure was long enough to cross to the other side, like a nice little bridge.

download (9).jpeg

And the whole, newly decorated area itself. Next poll will be up tomorrow,and I have an idea of who'll win; but hey, I've been surprised before.

I see some inspiration here!
Exactly😂. Of course, yours is way better.

Ok everybody, new week. Our adventure through southeast Asia is coming to an end very soon, so here is the 2nd last poll for this amazing, yet misunderstood, place with fantastic fauna:

1. The clouded leopard - elusive, mysterious, beautiful
  2. Southern cassowary - dangerous, territorial, dinosaur-looking
  3. Sun bear - funky, cute, long tongue

(Not many guests have come here, yet, or to the Gems of the East section, either. They're all stuck in the bug house for whatever reason, so there's a 75% that I either move it or destroy it. Not sure which. Maybe remodel it?)

Top Bottom