The Build-It Zoo

My first time posting here. So, here's the plan: I have an almost empty franchise zoo (I have a path, 2 small exhibits, and a tiny worker center). Basically, I will do a poll of what I should do next, and i spend a weekend to build it.

Every poll will begin Monday, and will last until Thursday. Friday I will announce the winner, and hopefully showcase the section Sunday (this is assuming I have the time to do it in the 1st place, as I only play on weekends, including Friday).

So, to begin, I will be building a bug house for the entrance of the zoo. Tomorrow I will begin the 1st poll. Hopefully all goes according to plan.

I'll hopefully be back later this evening to show my bug house and my cruddy building skills. Until then, enjoy:
0001-2331169335_20210603_113736_0000.png

A very simple building to house bugs and insects and arachnids. Has enough space for 16 small exhibits (even though there are only 12 options available):

As of right now, it's very limited in its looks, but I will add more to it as I go along
download.jpeg
download (1).jpeg

Ok, so, it's the beginning of a new day, and the 1st poll. Here is the list of the 3 choices I wanna do next:

1. Gemsbok

2. Indoor lemur walkthrough habitat

3. Bingturong

Poll will last until 8 o'clock Thursday evening, US Central Standard Time

Ok, excellent. Polls have ended, and the results are the following:

Gemsbok - 1
Bingturong - 1
Lemur - 5

Ok, so I will be building the lemurs tonight and the following 2 days.(let's hope I can follow DeLadySigner's dome instructions good).

Now stay tuned for next Monday, which will feature choices based off of last poll's winners (I want the zoo to evolve as it goes along)

Ok, here's a small preview of my lemur dome (my very 1st dome):
download.jpeg

And the inside, with a grand centerpiece involving a trimmed down artificial climbing set by @FoxyDee:
download (1).jpeg

Unfortunately, I did the mistake of using climable columns on the outside, so the lemurs escape every 5 seconds, so I will be rebuilding it later this afternoon

Unfortunately, I did the mistake of using climable columns on the outside, so the lemurs escape every 5 seconds, so I will be rebuilding it later this afternoon
Oof I hate when I do that. I once built a tiger habitat I was really happy with but used climbable beams on the viewing area. Next thing I knew a tiger was sleeping on top of the viewing area.

Oof I hate when I do that. I once built a tiger habitat I was really happy with but used climbable beams on the viewing area. Next thing I knew a tiger was sleeping on top of the viewing area.
And hence, the watchers became the watched. Yeah, I hope I can find one that looks good

One of my lemurs. I believe this is Lola, but it could be her sister Lala:
download (5).jpeg

She's doing a Jerry Lee Lewis tribute concert

download (2).jpeg

So, the zoo's actually known as Boogaloo Zoo (I'm a sucker for rhyming). Also, how is a tarantula more popular than a walk-through lemur dome?

It's Monday, and time for a new poll. Today's choices are based off of the fact that lemurs won the last round; all 3 have something in common with that last winner. Everybody ready?

Here we go:

1. Pygmy hippo - tropical Africa

2. Mandrill - tropical Africa, primate

3. Colombian white-faced capuchin monkey - primate

Like the last time, the poll will last until 8 o'clock Thursday evening, US Central Standard Time

Wow, beautiful dome, love the climbing structure between the two trunks, i will steal the idea for my anteaters and capuchin mixed enclosure :LOL:.
For the next poll my vote goes to the Pygmy hippo 🦛!

Top Bottom