General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There are really extremes. In Germany a nurse injected people with the equivalent of 5 doses of vaccine at one time.

She was wrong. She must have thought that a vial of vaccine contained a single dose.

And now the laboratories are extending the time between two injections to be able to vaccinate more people.

From three weeks we go to three months. By waving a magic wand ?

Definitely all this news won't improve my confidence.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

The vaccines now rolling out are going to be quite helpful in dealing with this pandemic. However, the real problem still exists and is not being talked about. How many outbreaks have come out of a certain communist nation by now? Three, four? China is a ticking time bomb. Far too populous, constantly engaging in unsafe practices (wet markets) and can't be trusted to deliver accurate information about outbreaks on a timely basis. These vaccines will help with THIS pandemic but what about the next? Unless other nations are willing to take a hit in the short term by restricting or controlling access to their countries by people coming from China, they will suffer in the long term as their economies are REPEATEDLY ravaged by brand new pandemics.I have not heard of a single leader from any western nation, discuss this issue. It's like everyone is putting their heads in the sand and hoping that this problem will never show up again. It WILL.
Whilst it may seem that way nobody 100% knows where it started for all we know it may have started elsewhere and only because china found it first that it was associated with them. It's all very easy to point the finger at the first conclusion when you stop following the trail 😉

Whilst it may seem that way nobody 100% knows where it started for all we know it may have started elsewhere and only because china found it first that it was associated with them. It's all very easy to point the finger at the first conclusion when you stop following the trail 😉
Actually, that virus, or ones similar to it, have been found in the local fauna of that region. Additionally, I would ALMOST be willing to give them a pass if this was the first time an outbreak occurred in China, but it's not. It's just the latest in a string of outbreaks over the last few decades, coming from that region. I think the evidence, while circumstantial, is more than enough to lay the blame on China. This would include, by the way, the incredibly poor handling of their outbreak when it first got started. The physician who first sounded the alarm was threatened with jail time if he spoke out about it. However, I am not interested in laying blame for blame's sake. I am interested in finding ways to protect the people of my nation and the most straight forward way of doing that is to restrict access by people coming from China. ALL THE TIME. Outbreaks can be difficult to detect in the early stages and it does nobody any good to close the barn door AFTER the horse has gotten out. These restrictions could possibly take the form of a mandatory 14 day quarantine upon arrival. ALL THE TIME. If you think it is too onerous, consider all the lives lost across the ENTIRE PLANET and all of the economies tanked across the ENTIRE PLANET. If you still think it is worth taking a risk, then I would conclude you are one hell of an excessive risk taker. By the way, the restrictions I propose would be lifted after a certain period of time in which the people and the government of China cease engaging in these risky practices and become more open about outbreaks.

It's easy to see why anxiety over future infection would be high.

In the case of New York, genetic tracking identified where it was imported from:

Stopping Chinese travel is not the same as stopping infection travel. Middle East Respiratory coronavirus for instance has an important clue in its name.

Pandemics go worldwide, so only complete border closures would work. I like the concept of the 14 day quarantine as a substitute from a medical screening standpoint, but doing it ALL the time would mean pointlessly doing it for ~99 years between the last 2 major pandemics.

You say these things and yet you fail to acknowledge the fact that many of these outbreaks are coming from China, NOT the U.S. This isn't about who consumes more food per capita. This is about a nation that has incredibly dangerous food safety practises and has little or no respect for the lives of any people, including their own. They are on RECORD as having delayed and obfuscated about this outbreak. What makes you think they won't do it again? You speak so casually about there being other pandemics. So casually that I think you fail to understand how much devastation has been wrought upon the world. It has set most nations back DECADES in terms of their economies. How many more hits like that do you think nations can take before they collapse? This hits EVERYONE. Not just what you call "blamers". While China continues with these dangerous practises, it is vital for other nations to start safeguarding their people against further outbreaks. This means new and much stricter rules on who and what comes into their nations from China. The next pandemic will not happen a hundred years from now. It will happen in mere decades. We can not take this kind of risk.
Enough of this Nationalist tripe.

I am not allowed to discuss the inadequacies, or incompetence of those great western powers, that has failed to deal with the current pandemic sweeping the planet. There are states that have used common sense, such as New Zealand & South Korea. The actions of which, have saved countless thousands of lives and their economies. Let us all hope, that lessons that have been from learnt now and in the past, will be considered, when dealing with the next global outbreak. Although I doubt it will be the case, as most humans are selfish, greedy and ignorant and never seem to learn, from the past.

If you wish to accredit blame, then understand, that the flu that killed over 50 million people in the 1920s, came from the U.S., which is not something they care to admit and today, any blame for the thousands of deaths each and every nation has had. Can be laid fairly and squarely, with those in control, of said nations. The same can be said, of any hits to their economies. They only have their choices, their actions and their politically influenced decisions, to blame, for any self made problems, they have. Yet: No nation, has been set back decades by this pandemic, that is just dramatic noise, to distract and inflame the masses.

If you want to talk about 'wet markets', then also understand that these places are not exclusive to China, or even Asia; but can be found all over the world, in fact, for example, the U.S. has thousands of them.

And finally. I am British, born in China and proud to say so.

Last edited:
Number of doses of vaccines administered worldwide. Latest figures known on January 1, 2021

NB Vaccin.jpg

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Dr. Anthony Fauci said "I'm sure" some individual institutions will make coronavirus vaccinations mandatory, while it is "quite possible" that the COVID-19 vaccine could become a required travel vaccine when visiting other countries.

It is extremely likely that travel to Trinidad will require either a vaccine or evidence of medical exemption in the future. Current Admin. is not tolerant of infection risk.

Local Medical Board, Medical Association, and the Medical Council will likely advise this going forward as vaccination becomes available. We will not recognise religious exemptions. They are not currently recognised for other vaccination requirements.

Dr. Fauci added:
"...even though you get vaccinated, we should not eliminate, at all, public health measures like wearing masks because we don’t know yet what the effect [of the vaccine] is on transmissibility,”

Other precautions are probably going to be needed till vaccination is widespread. Based on US numbers, that won't happen till their central control changes hands.
100 million vaccines were promised earlier by now. They did less than 3 million, a 97% shortfall.

The Oxford AZ vaccine will be regionally manufactured once certified, in at least 5 countries, including Latin America, India(notably 1 billion doses at the Serum Inst. In Pune) , Russia and China. We can estimate good world uptake by year end. It may take 2 years to reach everywhere.

It is extremely likely that travel to Trinidad will require either a vaccine or evidence of medical exemption in the future. Current Admin. is not tolerant of infection risk.

Local Medical Board, Medical Association, and the Medical Council will likely advise this going forward as vaccination becomes available. We will not recognise religious exemptions. They are not currently recognised for other vaccination requirements.

Dr. Fauci added:

Other precautions are probably going to be needed till vaccination is widespread. Based on US numbers, that won't happen till their central control changes hands.
100 million vaccines were promised earlier by now. They did less than 3 million, a 97% shortfall.

The Oxford AZ vaccine will be regionally manufactured once certified, in at least 5 countries, including Latin America, India(notably 1 billion doses at the Serum Inst. In Pune) , Russia and China. We can estimate good world uptake by year end. It may take 2 years to reach everywhere.

Positive steps. It's rare for me to argue against tolerance but I think we've pushed the envelope of freedom for idiots a bit too far. Religious exemptions to vaccination are a bad joke.

France does not seem to be moving towards the establishment of a "vaccine passport" for travel.

The Minister of Transport, rejected the idea on Monday.

“We are in a vaccination sequence. It is (the vaccines) that will allow us to regain our freedom and that is what we must support rather than compartmentalize the population according to whether they are vaccinated or not ”.

The Minister of Transport believes that priority should be given to vaccination campaigns to achieve "international collective immunity".

While some airlines, such as the Australian Qantas, pushes the idea of this passport, which would condition access to transport to the vaccination, the Minister explains that in France, it is "rather no". "In most of the countries, it is illegal", he also specifies.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

My wife, due to being an educator, is in phase 1B of NY's distribution plan...essentially second in line.

Still not expecting to be able to get vaccinated until March or April.

My parents, lifetime tax payers, old, with various ailments will get the vaccine after prisoners.

Prisoners should rationally be some of the first groups vaccinated because prisons are a dangerous reservoir and major exposure risk for the communities they are part of.

Your parents, statistically speaking, are probably able to isolate better, and thus less of a risk, to themselves and others. The epidemiology favors vaccinating prisons early.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom