The Elite Explorers Hall of Fame and Myriad Manifest, continued

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You know, that's a good question. I don't know if exploration rank progression is calculated at the time of scanning (like the payout), or if it's done when you actually sell your data. So, you might want to ask the devs instead.

Also, welcome to the hall of fame to CMDR MissingSea!

They did say that the profit increase only applies to scans made after 2.3, so I would imagine it's supposed to be the the same with the progression... of course there could have been an oversight on that part.

Okay dumb question time.

(There's no such thing as a dumb...ohh you betcher there is!!)

Anyway:

Does ED remember how FAR you have travelled and is there any way of accessing this. Most importantly, does it remember or record rather, how far outside the bubble you have explored? Might be an interesting list...

Okay dumb question time.

(There's no such thing as a dumb...ohh you betcher there is!!)

Anyway:

Does ED remember how FAR you have travelled and is there any way of accessing this. Most importantly, does it remember or record rather, how far outside the bubble you have explored? Might be an interesting list...

In your statistics section (right panel ->status->statistics) you'll find how many light years you've travelled in hyperspace, how many jumps you've made, how many separate systems you've visited, how much profit you've made from exploration, etc

for instance

20170323083014_1.jpg

... of course there could have been an oversight on that part.

That's what I'm worried about.

If I've already sold 75MCr of exploration data and then sell 100MCr of scans one day *before* 2.3 drops, I'll pass the Elite trigger (as you only need ~155MCr)

But if I get back one day *after* 2.3 drops, all my scans are still valued at the "old" value, hence still worth 100MCr, but the trigger is now ~600MCr, so I'd be nowhere close to Elite :mad:

I've posted the question on the 2.3 Beta forum (link), but no real answers yet.

Oh, didn't know this sort of thread existed... Well, here goes...

9GvRQ9l.png

Rank was gotten somewhere around beginning of February...

Last edited:
@ anikaiful: Unfortunately, without proof of a date, I can only add you for today. However, assuming you made it this February, then your journal files should have the promotion logged. If you want to look that up, I'd recommend using EDDiscovery for that, and just filtering for promotion. If you have it, a screenshot of the event would do perfectly then.

@ Siobhan: Sorry, but your Commander name isn't visible on that screenshot, so I can't add you yet. Could you make a new one, one that shows it's yours, and preferrably of the statistics tab? (Like seen above.)
Also, sites like Inara where you manually enter your rank isn't proof, as it isn't validated by anything. For example, I could enter that I'm combat Elite, even though I'm not.

@ anikaiful: Unfortunately, without proof of a date, I can only add you for today. However, assuming you made it this February, then your journal files should have the promotion logged. If you want to look that up, I'd recommend using EDDiscovery for that, and just filtering for promotion. If you have it, a screenshot of the event would do perfectly then.

@ Siobhan: Sorry, but your Commander name isn't visible on that screenshot, so I can't add you yet. Could you make a new one, one that shows it's yours, and preferrably of the statistics tab? (Like seen above.)
Also, sites like Inara where you manually enter your rank isn't proof, as it isn't validated by anything. For example, I could enter that I'm combat Elite, even though I'm not.

Will do when I get back to my PC. Probably won't have anything with a date though... oh well.

OK, here's the full version of that screenshot, with date, plus a stats screen... and also a capture of ED Discovery for that day with the rank highlighted.

2017-02-27 15-30-24 Azrael.png

2017-03-23 14-42-31 LHS 449 (2).png

Capture.PNG

3wVxvGg.png

Greetings commanders,

After 6 months in the black, betwween October 5th 3302 to March 23 3303 I traveled from Colonia to Beagle point, then around the Sagittarius-Carina arm, back towards the bubble, carrying the explorer's legacy "Achievement" which i handed over to it's next steward Commander May at the sight of an alien ruin in the Veil Nebula

I returned to my home system of Lembava where i supported Li Yong-Rui in fortifying the manufacturing base of Sirius corportation to ensure that he can continue to offer the commanders of the Pilot's Federation the discount he does, then handed in my exploration data.

(my tracvels started before the release of 2.2, and so i had no chance of carrying passengers, all from exploration data, final hand in on 23rd March came to about 400 million including LYR bonus)

Greetings commanders,

After 6 months in the black, betwween October 5th 3302 to March 23 3303 I traveled from Colonia to Beagle point, then around the Sagittarius-Carina arm, back towards the bubble, carrying the explorer's legacy "Achievement" which i handed over to it's next steward Commander May at the sight of an alien ruin in the Veil Nebula

I returned to my home system of Lembava where i supported Li Yong-Rui in fortifying the manufacturing base of Sirius corportation to ensure that he can continue to offer the commanders of the Pilot's Federation the discount he does, then handed in my exploration data.

(my tracvels started before the release of 2.2, and so i had no chance of carrying passengers, all from exploration data, final hand in on 23rd March came to about 400 million including LYR bonus)

That highest pay out is about 3 multiples of the average number you usually see in that spot. I would be curious to know what that system was? Well done!

That highest pay out is about 3 multiples of the average number you usually see in that spot. I would be curious to know what that system was? Well done!

yah, it surprised me too, the only thing i can think it is off the top of my head is one of the neutron systems i scanned on my way back from beagle point (i fully scanned over 160 of those systems)

Also it may have been squewed by the fact that i was getting the Li Yong-Rui rating 5 bonus of +200% to exploration data handed in

I made my Elite rank without utilizing any passenger missions. I've been out in Colonia farming neutrons since November. Could I have Elite Plus please? :S
20170326201315_1.jpg

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom