The Empire has an image problem.

1605712697526.png

What loyal Imperialists see...

1605712859696.png

What her enemies see.

How I see all of the PP leaders...

1605713203279.png

Last edited:
Nothing to fix except Zemina Torvil. The rest of the galaxy is deluded. The Feds feeds it's citizens lies and hides behind so called democracy and the Allience? Well, what's the Allience all about?
And as far as ships are concerned, the iClipper far outdoes any Fed ship in its fleet. The Empire also has the best mining ship and cargo hauler with the ICutter.

I only pledge to that to get the magnificent weapons also known as the mining lance. What a waste of four weeks. When I defected and went back to the princess she sent one of her goons after me, A type 9 that didn't even have an interdictor.

Don't trigger me, I feel an 80 page design document forming :D

If only FD would make Torvals lance a beam laser first rather than a mining tool so it could be engineered....

You haven't been keeping up. She isn't the emperor. She isn't even a senator. She's CEO of a charity corp with a slightly less goofy name than the one she originally had that merged with it.

No, I am sure you are quite mistaken. She’s a member of the Imperial family, and her supporters have claimed about half of the Empire in her name.
Slavery is completely abolished in the Imperial systems she controls.

We've seen it happen again and again; a community goal occurs, pitting the Empire against the Federation, only for the Federation to get twice or more the number of supporters compared to the Empire.

It's understandable why
Not sure about old CGs - I was out of ED for 2 years - but new CGs about the Marlinists plot is pretty clear what making the Empire to be a bad guys. Instead of investigating the crime and terrorists NMLA group, they are attacking everyone on a slightest suspicion, along with terrorizing a lot of peacful citizens of "inconvenient" political opinions.

So for me personally the Empires image have nothing to do with off-the-game reasons.

Its easy. Just say that unless you support the Empire Aisling will take away all prismatics.

I will surely weep for my 2 or 3 ships that actually use them.

That said, I do think there should be better positives and negatives to supporting different factions. While mercenary work should definitely be a thing, it should be different than actually pledging.

On the other hand, there should also be a way to obtain anything and everything in game through alternative/illegal means.

For some reason this thread put the Public Image Ltd. song Rise in my head, which I haven't heard in ages, so that's pretty cool.

Employ a PR Company.
"What's the main problem?"
"Aggression, interfering in internal affairs of non-empire systems."
"We gonna cleanse anyone with a Marlinist thought and hunt them down anywhere."
"Call it securing safety for non-imperial population. Or find a claim that traditionally that system has been part of the empire."

Perhaps the Empire needs to invest its resources into improving it's somewhat subpar ships, to give them a better Fighting Chance in the conflicts they seem eager to enter.
Well, the Imperial ships aren't sub-par - they're just not as good as pure combat ships.

So obviously the combat pilots flock to the Federation because they get to shoot stuff.

Unfortunately the "wine and dine the ambassador in luxury aboard a Clipper" bit isn't implemented, and there aren't any competitive basking CGs.

It's understandable why; people see the Federation, and they imagine United Federation of planets, from Star Trek; a peaceful Coalition, rather than the capitalistic oligarchy it truly is.
If this was actually true, rather than an Imperial excuse for why they can't even beat the Federation, it'd broadly be supported by the various exploration groups who are - for all their strengths - useless in a stand-up fight.

People see the Federation for the utilitarian military-industrial complex that it is, just as they see the Empire for the authoritarian slave state that it is. It's just that "big guns to shoot with" appeals to quite a lot of pilots.

Well, the Imperial ships aren't sub-par - they're just not as good as pure combat ships.

So obviously the combat pilots flock to the Federation because they get to shoot stuff.

Unfortunately the "wine and dine the ambassador in luxury aboard a Clipper" bit isn't implemented, and there aren't any competitive basking CGs.

If this was actually true, rather than an Imperial excuse for why they can't even beat the Federation, it'd broadly be supported by the various exploration groups who are - for all their strengths - useless in a stand-up fight.

People see the Federation for the utilitarian military-industrial complex that it is, just as they see the Empire for the authoritarian slave state that it is. It's just that "big guns to shoot with" appeals to quite a lot of pilots.

If anyone thinks Imperial ships are sub par they haven't faced a CMDR who knows how to orbit in a shield tank Cutter, or an iCourier combat speed build.

Fed ships are better on paper.

Not sure about old CGs - I was out of ED for 2 years - but new CGs about the Marlinists plot is pretty clear what making the Empire to be a bad guys. Instead of investigating the crime and terrorists NMLA group, they are attacking everyone on a slightest suspicion, along with terrorizing a lot of peacful citizens of "inconvenient" political opinions.

So for me personally the Empires image have nothing to do with off-the-game reasons.
The Empire is rather tediously portrayed as boo-hiss villains rather than a different set of values, albeit ones that don't gel with how most people roll these days. Make them more like Ancient Rome, well known for all its unpleasantness but also for its impressiveness and achievments rather than clinging on through having the one non-hideous looking person in the entire ED universe.

Top Bottom