Ships The Krait MKII Owners Club.

I traded in my much neglected Python for one last night... first impressions are that this is the ship I've been waiting for, for years. It's not a perfect, flawless vessel, but its flaws are in the exact places that I want them to be to suit my style of play.

I fit my Krait out with three large Double Shot fragment cannons and two medium cool running beams. The amount of firepower is astounding. The three largest are grouped so they fire like one enormous, devastating fragmentation cannon. I went into a RES and things just melted.

The agility, speed, and jump range are right where I want and the internals are right sized. And the look of the ship is fantastic, especially in Tactical Crimson.

My new endgame ship is going to be this ship. I have commissioned her the "Calamity Hawk."

Got my Krait yesterday and I'm in love for its look! It's fantastic, it's kinda like being in a Millennium Falcon. It was late, but I decided to try it out with a double assassination mission in the same system. Maybe I was a bit sleepy, but got blown up by one of the targets... Ouch, 9M rebuy. Still love it, though!

Got my Krait yesterday and I'm in love for its look! It's fantastic, it's kinda like being in a Millennium Falcon. It was late, but I decided to try it out with a double assassination mission in the same system. Maybe I was a bit sleepy, but got blown up by one of the targets... Ouch, 9M rebuy. Still love it, though!

It's basically the Elite Dangerous version of the Ghost, from Star Wars Rebels.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost

The Ghost, unlike the Falcon, carries a small fighter and is much heavier armed. They even look sorta similar!

What is max jump range folks are finding? I visited Deciat last night to fit grade 5 FSD with mass enhancement and hitting around 33 on jump range... I could likely tune down mass in some areas, but have a generalized build though still running light bulkheads.

Commissioned: Hatteras VIII

Last edited:
Meet "Krait Expectations"
Role: COMBAT ONLY (PVE)

Jump range 23.71 ly
Speed 337 m/s Boost 463 m/s

Reactor bay [7A] Power Plant Overcharged (Grade 5)
Bulkheads [1I] Reactive Surface Composite
Thruster mounting [6A] Thrusters Clean Drive Tuning (Grade 5)
FSD housing [5A] Frame Shift Drive Increased FSD Range (Grade 5)
Environment control [4D] Life Support Misc Lightweight (Grade 4)
Power coupling [7A] Power Distributor Charge Enhanced (Grade 5)
Sensor suite [6A] Sensors Long-Range Scanner (Grade 5)
Fuel store [5C] Fuel Tank

Internal slot (Max class 6) [6A] Fuel Scoop Misc Shielded (Grade 3)
Internal slot (Max class 6) [6C] Bi-Weave Shield Generator Reinforced (Grade 5)
Internal slot (Max class 5) [5D] Hull Reinforcement Package Heavy Duty (Grade 5)
Internal slot (Max class 5) [5D] Hull Reinforcement Package Heavy Duty (Grade 5)
Internal slot (Max class 4) [4E] Cargo Rack
Internal slot (Max class 3) [3A] Frame Shift Drive Interdictor Longer Range FSD Interdictor (Grade 4)
Internal slot (Max class 3) [3A] Collector Limpet Controller Misc Lightweight (Grade 3)
Internal slot (Max class 2) [1C] Advanced Discovery Scanner

Large hardpoint [3C] Multi-Cannon (Gimbal) Long-Range Weapon (Grade 5)
Medium hardpoint [2F] Multi-Cannon (Gimbal) Long-Range Weapon (Grade 5)

Tiny hardpoint [0A] Shield BoosterResistance Augmented (Grade 5) X2
Tiny hardpoint [0A] Shield BoosterThermal Resistant (Grade 5) X2

Last edited:
I traded in my much neglected Python for one last night... first impressions are that this is the ship I've been waiting for, for years. It's not a perfect, flawless vessel, but its flaws are in the exact places that I want them to be to suit my style of play.

I fit my Krait out with three large Double Shot fragment cannons and two medium cool running beams. The amount of firepower is astounding. The three largest are grouped so they fire like one enormous, devastating fragmentation cannon. I went into a RES and things just melted.

The agility, speed, and jump range are right where I want and the internals are right sized. And the look of the ship is fantastic, especially in Tactical Crimson.

My new endgame ship is going to be this ship. I have commissioned her the "Calamity Hawk."
That's exactly the config I'm going for. Tested 3 Multis before and thought, hey, what can do more carnage? :D

I'm seeing some all-MC builds out there...I thought MC's were better for hull chewing when shields go down? Can MC's break down shields, just maybe not as efficiently as beams? Sorry for the weapon-noobiness of the question...

That sounds like a good time. I have 4 double shot frags on the front of my vette and it puts on a show. I'll need to try it with the Krait. I have 3 large g5 overcharged multis and 2 long range rails. Pretty effective. I tried some medium seekers with the multis and that was pretty fun.

Meet "Krait Expectations"
Role: COMBAT ONLY (PVE)

Jump range 23.71 ly
Speed 337 m/s Boost 463 m/s

Reactor bay [7A] Power Plant Overcharged (Grade 5)
Bulkheads [1I] Reactive Surface Composite
Thruster mounting [6A] Thrusters Clean Drive Tuning (Grade 5)
FSD housing [5A] Frame Shift Drive Increased FSD Range (Grade 5)
Environment control [4D] Life Support Misc Lightweight (Grade 4)
Power coupling [7A] Power Distributor Charge Enhanced (Grade 5)
Sensor suite [6A] Sensors Long-Range Scanner (Grade 5)
Fuel store [5C] Fuel Tank

Internal slot (Max class 6) [6A] Fuel Scoop Misc Shielded (Grade 3)
Internal slot (Max class 6) [6C] Bi-Weave Shield Generator Reinforced (Grade 5)
Internal slot (Max class 4) [4E] Cargo Rack
Internal slot (Max class 3) [3A] Frame Shift Drive Interdictor Longer Range FSD Interdictor (Grade 4)
Internal slot (Max class 3) [3A] Collector Limpet Controller Misc Lightweight (Grade 3)
Internal slot (Max class 2) [1C] Advanced Discovery Scanner

Tiny hardpoint [0A] Shield BoosterResistance Augmented (Grade 5) X2
Tiny hardpoint [0A] Shield BoosterThermal Resistant (Grade 5) X2

Try fixed multi-cannons [up][praise].

I put 3 Efficient Large Beam Lasers with Thermal Vent, and 2 medium Guardian Shard Cannons on mine.

It shreds everything.

I might swap the Shard Cannons for something else later, but I rather like them for now.

Picked mine up today, great ship.

I've had a Python and T7 that I've run the paint off of as multi-role type ships. I brought the T7 over to pick it up, and dropped the modules from that into it to fly it back. Lots of the internals are downsized that way, including the distributor, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it flew and how easily the downsized distributor kept up with those thrusters. It matched the T7's jump range and had a faster cruise and boost---and ran so cool that I don't think it'd ever get scanned. Brought it back and dropped in internals from the Python, as well as armaments, which made it faster and equally well armed to the Python.

I'll tune it all in to taste, but right now I'm very impressed by its potential versatility. I can finally have something that'll jump, hold a reasonable amount of cargo, be fast, and fight all at the same time. If I want it to do just one of those things I can tune it to be stellar at just that. I'm impressed with this one and unless something crops up that I'm not seeing yet, it looks to be a keeper.

Try fixed multi-cannons [up][praise].

I had to use what was available... [where is it]

I forgot pictures!

1A4C23E9FB51A1D28EDC4F46B995B09F8E9644BF

9E09DA8A8F4BBEF001E953710F7485D7EC8ECCEF

812C6D934FDB7AC971E82F0BF7A98C10DADBE0AF

B73B463A3A948924FDDDE825C2DC6B3CB78BEBAA

AC9DEC2331BCECCBAD82DFE152FC926529AB5A5F

0452188A65501B8EA59653DD0DC5FAB6A2015380

I thought the same thing you did, at first. Then I thought no, not quite. The Falcon's cockpit sits on the starboard side of the ship. I was looking at an old game icon on my desktop when shutting down last night. Then it occurred to me that this ship has a look similar to the Falcon. The recessed central cockpit gives it a feel more like the Ebon Hawk from the old SW KOTOR I and II games.

It's basically the Elite Dangerous version of the Ghost, from Star Wars Rebels.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost

The Ghost, unlike the Falcon, carries a small fighter and is much heavier armed. They even look sorta similar!
I've never watched SW Rebels, so I missed that one. Nice snag CMDR, they do look similar.

Rooks o7

What is max jump range folks are finding? I visited Deciat last night to fit grade 5 FSD with mass enhancement and hitting around 33 on jump range... I could likely tune down mass in some areas, but have a generalized build though still running light bulkheads.

Commissioned: Hatteras VIII
I get to 53,2 LY range with 2A overcharged5 Powerplant and 2a Engine focused Distributor5 (no experimentals), using the FSA Booster and an old-style FSA5 around 51%. Guess in final Explorer-Build tuned in the Bubble and all effects applied I can push it to some 56 to 58 Ly range with 4G SRV Hangar....
I

Last edited:
Well, it is a poor mans' Python, since it is cheaper and has mostly the same internals/hardpoints.

or.

A cut down Python less capable for BGS work than a Python (loss of 64t cargo is huge), although it is still M pad size.

or.

A bad Python pilot's crutch since it has a fighter bay, although paying for AI crew is a bit of a waste when they are not in use.

I just can't see much of a reason to get one.

The only reasons I can think of, assuming you've already got a capable Python, is nostalgia, or looks. *shrug* To each their own!

So I'll pass as it has no use for me.

Edit: FWIW, I just played around in EDSY using my current Python as a base. If I swap out the 6A prismatic for a 5A prismatic, swap out a heat sink launcher for a shield booster, and loose the 5A shield cell bank, I'd have slightly better shields, the same cargo, but have lost the SCBank. I don't use the SCBank much. Hmmmm....

Here is the my PVE BGS worker Python loadout, fitted as if it was a Krait: http://www.edshipyard.com/new/#/L=C...cKw58UoPcWphXcrHxgrHxkrHx08c0072005U01IM02UI0

Last edited:
Just finished engineering my Krait early this morning, and absolutely love it.

I didn't do much reading on the new Krait until after the new patch dropped, and was very pleasantly surprised to find out that it was a medium sized multi-role ship. It very much replaces my much loved Python since it fixes the one thing I never liked about the Python; it's cockpit. Well done FD on the Krait's cockpit (sans forward facing white lights [blah]).

These are my initial thoughts..
+ Cockpit - vastly superior to the Python, and compares pretty well with the AspX and DBX.
+ Jump range - It's reduced weight over the Python results in a +3LY advantage with identical loadouts.
+ Fighter bay
+ Faster (+48m/s boost speed advantage over the Python with identical setups)

- One less size 6 slot than the Python.
- Hull hardness is 55 (65 on Python).
- Hull integrity is lower than the Python.
- Shields are slightly weaker on the Krait.
- An even bigger target than the AspX from the top down.
- Subjective, but I still think the Python is a nicer looking ship, although my opinion may change given time.

Also, the ship looks pretty nice upside down (If it wasn't for the trade off in cockpit views this would mean, I think this being the top would of looked better).

UNlSQCU.png
Currently my own Krait jumps 45LY with 900MJ+ shields and a fighter bay (no guardian FSD booster). It's hull is paper however, so I'm thinking of adding an HRP, but this is my current setup all engineered:
https://s.orbis.zone/-A8-LAAY

All boosters are 0E, I just had to use 0D since they wont allow exceeding 1000% shield boost which happens with engineered 0E boosters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom