Ships The Krait MKII Owners Club.

0ef9ab4a-f5ee-45a4-a202-07cbc5498d1a.PNG

Kinda forgot the proper procedure for posting pics, so sorry if the image takes up too much space.

ITRV Lazarus
48.8ly jump exploration build with shields, two SRVs, boost to 398. No paint pack as I plan on stripping the paint off.

Took my Python loadout and transferred it straight to my Krait, except for one C6 SCB. Running three beams and two frags. I don't really need the SLF, but put one in so my SLF pilot doesn't get too lonely. :)

Dropped next door into a favorite haz res and raked in almost 4 mil credits just checking him out. So much for my combat Python... :(

Love the ship. Kind of a Python's little brother. Handles well. Packs a punch. Jumps 40+LY with mods. Needed thermal vents on the Beam lasers though.

Great ship really enjoying flying it , had to change 2 x large incendiary multi's from overcharged to efficient as it overheated rather quickly.... thought this thing was supposed to run cool ?
Been over to a haz res to test it out & it performed really well.
I popped into a high res on the way home & don't know if its a bug but all the police were slaughtering each other ? High res was at Saturn.

It seems to me that all the hardpoints could be good for fixed weapons, maybe even in the same fire group. Anybody tried it?

There's a PS4 Krait convention at Jameson Memorial tonight!

Is it better than a FGS? And the verdict is... Hell yes! (IMHO)
All of the FGS bits swap over to make a faster, cooler, more fun to fly SLF capable gunship. Even using the OC 6A PP provided all I needed for my first run out, using my FGS load out...

3 x double shot frags: corrosive & incendiaries (large & 2 med - will swap to 3 large tonight)
2x efficient beams:conduit & vent

Not going to miss that Fed brick one bit, and the python can keep on trading and hauling rich tourists around.

Last edited:
It seems to me that all the hardpoints could be good for fixed weapons, maybe even in the same fire group. Anybody tried it?

Yes I'm using all multi's ,
2 x large efficient incendiary
1 x large overcharged with autoloader
1 x medium
overcharged with autoloader 1 x medium
overcharged with corrosive

Works great.

Last edited:
Yes I'm using all multi's ,
2 x large efficient incendiary
1 x large overcharged with autoloader
1 x medium
overcharged with autoloader 1 x medium
overcharged with corrosive

Works great.

Sounds good - thanks :D .

The ship is too slow, its 100% not fast enough, I would urge everyone to request a small speed bump. Because this ship is absolutely TOO SLOW. It will NOT keep up once build and engineered, the base stats with the hottest build calculates to under 500 mps unless its paper thin, this ship IS NOT FAST ENOUGH it needs a speed boost. Please request a speed bump for this ship.

Too slow? At best, I could boost my Python to +/- 500. I transferred my Python rig directly over to my Krait and got 551 boost. No, it's not tuned for PvP, but it's enough speed to wake, if I get into trouble. Cripes, my Asp X is only 4 mps faster atm. And AFAIK, that's pretty close to par for most meta PvP rigs. Good lord man, if you want a faster ship that can do combat and haul a payload, get an iClipper.

Rooks o7

Last edited:
I got one yesterday and started pimping out its modules, almost done now. My original plan was to strip my python and just use its already engineered ones, but I use my Python mostly for trading so in the end it turned out to be faster to just start over since I want to try it in combat.

So far I'm really liking it. I popped a guardian fsd booster in it and it goes about 40 ly on an empty belly. :D - It does seem a little less fast than a tricked out fdl, but I like its handling - feels like a grown up Cobra MKIII - or a less sluggish Python I guess.

Its awesome.
My favourite ship.
A mini-python that’s faster and more agile, while keeping the same weapons!

I mean sure we can complain and say ‘more utlity slots!, ‘more speed!’ etc ... but then it would be even more OP

I think I’ll try all fixed lasers on mine - that could be great! Perhaps with one magazine-upgraded multi-cannon turret to deliver the corrosive effect :) .

I might go back to my beloved iClipper eventually as it is much faster and agile and its C7 slot is golden, but in the meantime the Krait is a lot of fun with its fighter bay and useful slot options etc.. Pretty much finished engineering of its main parts yesterday (most are from the iClipper anyway) and will try to get the large Shock Cannon and possibly Guardian FSD Booster over the weekend...

Still a little early to say if its my new favorite ship but after loading one up for combat I went out and got a second one for general/lite cargo use. Could have a 3rd built for exploring but I don't want to get too carried away. But I'm really liking the look and feel of this ship. :D

Winged up with a friend and we went to a Haz Res. It was a hillarious massacre. Man, they have punch. Hardpoints may be the same as the Python, but they’re better positioned. The cluster of three larges is impressive. Two firing them at once is wicked. They also have respectable speed.
kraitoutfittingstats.jpg

Kraitinternalstats.jpg

Last edited:
Patched an Explorer-Krait together in Colonia from spare parts :) Got 45 Lj range with rep-drone, 4G SRV, 3D shields etc, only a little p***ed - äh disappointed - that the FSA Booster still has the same bugs - not working with Injection or NS-Supercharge :(

Top Bottom