The Odyssey Weapon and Suit Mechanics and Mods Thread.

Does Reduced Battery Consumption apply to Jump Assist?

Not sure... the complete name seems to be: Reduced Tool Battery Consumption
And tools are Energy Link, Profile Analyzer and Arc Cutter.

Edit: My Artemis is planned to have: Night Vision, Improved Jump, Reduced Tool Battery Consumption and then... not really sure about the 4th mod.
Either Improved Battery or Extended Oxygen or Sprint (but Sprint seem to be a waste since sprinting in jumps - without jumps assists being engaged - does not seem to use the sprint "energy" pool, sure it may look like the dudes jumping on the Moon, but seems to be effective). Most probably will be Imp

Last edited:
Not sure... the complete name seems to be: Reduced Tool Battery Consumption
And tools are Energy Link, Profile Analyzer and Arc Cutter.

Plus the genetic sampler, presumedly.

I’m leaning towards Increased Battery, since suit functions that keep you alive (oxygen, temperature control) aren’t affected by Reduced Tool Battery Consumption.

Edit: Yep, Increased Battery Capacity was the right choice. I’m having a ton of fun jumping between mountaintops on a 0.04 g planet.

Last edited:
Does Reduced Battery Consumption apply to Jump Assist?

I’m working on my Artemis suit which will have Increased Jump Assist to see how many km I can go without touching the ground. The options to make that happen are RBC and Increased Battery Capacity.

I already have Increased Sprint Duration baked in. Besides Jump Assist and one of the above I’m also planning on night vision so I can go hurtling through the dark, so it does have to be one or the other for the battery mods.
No, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Furthermore I believe it ONLY affects the suit specific tool, meaning not even the scanner, but I haven't really done any extensive testing on that so someone who did may be able to give better insight.

No, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Furthermore I believe it ONLY affects the suit specific tool, meaning not even the scanner, but I haven't really done any extensive testing on that so someone who did may be able to give better insight.

It does affect the other tools. The most conspicuous example is the overcharge attack on the energy link which used to use almost 25% of the battery when stock, and now uses around 12%. I’ve Arc Cuttered/Overcharged my way through multiple doors with my current Mav suit using that mod.

I created my sniper rifle Aphelion today. G5 with scope, headshot and range. Against scavenger level enemies it does just fine, although the hitscan is taking some getting used to after using plasma weapons most of the time.

Kind of thinking of making a “Man With The Golden Gun” Karma P-15 next. Magazine (already have it), headshot, noise suppression, and a wildcard slot.

(I like to leave one mod slot open for future endeavors.)

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna be a madman and G5 an Oppressor with stability, greater range, mag size (gets the best increase of all guns), and a better scope. I just love its design too much. It'll be for if I ever get swarmed. Everything else my trusty G5'd Tormentor is for. My precious little compact sniper rifle. PRECIOUSSSSSSS.

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna be a madman and G5 an Oppressor with stability, greater range, mag size (gets the best increase of all guns), and a better scope. I just love its design too much. It'll be for if I ever get swarmed. Everything else my trusty G5'd Tormentor is for. My precious little compact sniper rifle. PRECIOUSSSSSSS.
There are people here who swear that the Oppressor is a diamond in the rough.

Then again, there are also people here who swear at the Oppressor pretty rough.

There are people here who swear that the Oppressor is a diamond in the rough.

Then again, there are also people here who swear at the Oppressor pretty rough.
Honestly it's not all as bad as people make it seem (before I even had Odyssey some people claimed it shot wildly everywhere but at your target. I submit that such people have never encountered shooter mechanics at all). I G3'd one 2 weeks ago and used it for my 10 low CZ's for Hero Ferrari. Only thing I used and it did just fine. With enhancements and in the right situation it's perfectly viable.

I'm a year shy of 40, I don't subscribe to this current generation's obsession with DPS and TTK numbers. I want to use things I (1) Love the look of and (2) Love the FEEL of using. I gave up Destiny 2 for this game so I know what I like when it comes to guns, both in aesthetics and their handling. As long as you know the ins and outs of what you're toting it's viable. In the end it what matters is the skill of the user.

Last edited:
As long as you know the ins and outs of what you're toting it's viable. In the end it what matters is the skill of the user.

What are its ins and outs, in your opinion? The major downsides I’ve heard of are shot speed, shot accuracy (which is an issue with all of the SMGs), and a degree of lower damage than it should.

The other plasma weapons are beastly, so it may just be a case of “merely ok”.

What are its ins and outs, in your opinion? The major downsides I’ve heard of are shot speed, shot accuracy (which is an issue with all of the SMGs), and a degree of lower damage than it should.

I meant with any weapon in any game of any type. Like how some people can get through dark souls with just an unupgraded starter dagger because they know exactly how it handles and how to use it best (not getting greedy with damage, timing their attacks, etc). The Opressor doesn't have many "ins" to be honest, though with a mag upgrade it stands to have the biggest of all guns at 75, I think? Also it beats having to switch mid shot to start doing armor/health damage. And if you sweep as you shoot just right you can land a bevy of shots on a group of oncoming assailants, shredding many shields at once or if you cooked a shield disruptor that it explodes in the group a nice amount of health damage to them all. That's how I plan to use it, as my "sh** got real gun" where I need to combat multiple assailants at once, sending them scrambling for cover once their shields get broken.

The Tormentor is my main, and the only thing I need.

The major downsides I’ve heard of are shot speed, shot accuracy (which is an issue with all of the SMGs)

This is one of the problems, it’s not a SMG. But is only effective at close range because of the shot speed.

I don’t think it’s an accuracy issue, rather it’s hard to be accurate hitting a moving target with a slow projectile, and as soon as the first shot lands the target will dodge.

The problem is it’s simply out classes by everything else and doesn’t have it’s own niche.

Someone needs to make a Batman suit. A Dominator with Increased Melee Damage, Quieter Footsteps, Improved Jump Assist (pretend zipline), and Damage Resistance. You sneak up on people from the rooftops and punch them in the head.

Someone needs to make a Batman suit. A Dominator with Increased Melee Damage, Quieter Footsteps, Improved Jump Assist (pretend zipline), and Damage Resistance. You sneak up on people from the rooftops and punch them in the head.

Well volunteered, I look forward to seeing your results. :)

I found a vid by forum member CMDR The Riz that shows it at G5. It's terrible at stripping shields as you can see but the health damage isn't that bad. I'm gonna feel like the biggest dumdum upgrading the thing but godddddddd the aethetics. My CMDR only messes with slick, high tech Imperial gear. Just how she rolls. So let the self gimping commence...

I did precisely one scav kill scenario last night with Increased Melee Damage. The highlight was the grunt that your character gives when punching.

Otherwise, the damage is pretty low. I was not able to effectively sneak up on scavs in the brilliant sunshine of the particular settlement I was in, so I kept having to chip away at shielded enemies. Then they got angry at me and went to go shoot at my ship.

The way to fix this is probably some kind of “weapon” that adds further damage to the regular punch. Electrified gloves. A club with a nail in it. Something like that. The reward for actually getting close to NPCs can be good damage and maybe even a chance to stun, which would compensate for putting yourself in the line of fire.

Well, better put Reduced Tool Battery usage and electrocute them...

I have a Mav that does precisely that…at least until I put noise reduction on my Tormentor and started doing quiet kills from across the room.

I just wanted to see what space mixed martial arts was all about. At present, I can’t think of a scenario in which punching is preferable to shooting or overcharge killing.

I have a Mav that does precisely that…at least until I put noise reduction on my Tormentor and started doing quiet kills from across the room.

I just wanted to see what space mixed martial arts was all about. At present, I can’t think of a scenario in which punching is preferable to shooting or overcharge killing.
Melee should stun/knock out enemies, flat out. The stun mechanic is in the damned coding, don't tell me it's not, FDev. We can all see the stars in the persons nametag once you overload them. It's there. GIVE IT.

Top Bottom