The problem of Interdiction by hackers and how it can be helped

Yeah, I understand. It's like how reporting anything shouldn't be allowed and crime should be given free reign to fester beneath the skin of society. Don't want to cause a panic, now.

Work with the devs, not against them. I know, i know, SDC say they did try to work with the devs and the devs didn't appear to do anything, so in true SDC style they threw a tantrum.

Your anti-PvP stance would see the game burn to cheaters if it meant those you loathe got even a little comeuppance. Your posts make this plain as day.

Then you misunderstand me. I want the cheaters punished, but moreso, i want FD to improve their cheat detection and prevention. But i also know what a pain it can be to actually do that and i also do not believe causing widespread panic is the way to deal with it.

Then you misunderstand me. I want the cheaters punished, but moreso, i want FD to improve their cheat detection and prevention. But i also know what a pain it can be to actually do that and i also do not believe causing widespread panic is the way to deal with it.

Drop the insidious line of thinking below and maybe I'll believe you someday.

And all because you learned its no fun to get killed by opponents you can't beat. Boo hoo. The shoe is on the other foot now isn't it?

Like I've told you before gankers are playing their way in Open, a way totally condoned by FDEV. Cheaters are cheating, which is not condoned by FDEV. By not accepting this you undermine yourself on this discussion completely.

Work with the devs, not against them. I know, i know, SDC say they did try to work with the devs and the devs didn't appear to do anything, so in true SDC style they threw a tantrum.
I'm one of the more neutral observers in all this but what else should someone do if they have the group power SDC has and they have an agenda, good or bad? Whining about it on the forums isn't their style, mostly. They seem to be more of in-game activists, for better or worse, but to me it beats the alternative of getting in the long line of players who do nothing about it.

Any interest in responding to my point above? Your position isn't justifiable in light of it.

Sure. I stand by my statement. Gankers derive satisfaction from getting easy kills. I can still object to cheating while finding it amusing to see gankers get some of their own medicine for a change.

Sure. I stand by my statement. Gankers derive satisfaction from getting easy kills. I can still object to cheating while finding it amusing to see gankers get some of their own medicine for a change.

That isn't what you're doing. You're claiming it's the reason for them to reveal these cheats in the first place. Do I have to quote your own words again?

That isn't what you're doing. You're claiming it's the reason for them to reveal these cheats in the first place. Do I have to quote your own words again?

Maybe i misspoke then. I certainly didn't mean to indicate that was the reason for it. The reason is because CIG didn't react in a way that suited them, same as always.

If you quote the words that gave you this idea, then i'll go back and revise the wording to make sure there can be no misunderstanding.

EDIT: Added an apology to the post in question for giving the wrong reason.

Last edited:
Maybe i misspoke then. I certainly didn't mean to indicate that was the reason for it. The reason is because CIG didn't react in a way that suited them, same as always.

If you quote the words that gave you this idea, then i'll go back and revise the wording to make sure there can be no misunderstanding.

EDIT: Added an apology to the post in question for giving the wrong reason.

Hey, I really appreciate that. Thanks, Agony Aunt.

They did work with them. They gave them six months before disclosure.
This is the exact same process that security researchers go through when they find vulnerabilities in any other software. "Here's the problem, we're telling you so you can fix it, the existence of the vulnerability will be made public in x weeks". The reason for disclosure is so the developers can't just sweep it under the rug and do nothing about it - sure, the consequences of disclosure without a fix are that a whole lot of black hats will suddenly be made aware of the bug, but that's kinda what makes it the nuclear option.

The point of a nuclear deterrent is that it only works if the other side know you have it and that you're willing and able to use it. Therefore, for vulnerability disclosure to motivate developers to action, researchers must disclose.

They did work with them. They gave them six months before disclosure.
This is the exact same process that security researchers go through when they find vulnerabilities in any other software. "Here's the problem, we're telling you so you can fix it, the existence of the vulnerability will be made public in x weeks". The reason for disclosure is so the developers can't just sweep it under the rug and do nothing about it - sure, the consequences of disclosure without a fix are that a whole lot of black hats will suddenly be made aware of the bug, but that's kinda what makes it the nuclear option.

The point of a nuclear deterrent is that it only works if the other side know you have it and that you're willing and able to use it. Therefore, for vulnerability disclosure to motivate developers to action, researchers must disclose.

I can't say i favour public disclosures of software bugs when they are a risk to end users either. Same thing, people who were not aware before might start using it.

It all depends on whether you believe the devs when they say they are working on the problem or not. Its clear SDC don't believe FD and seek to shame them into doing something quicker (or at all). Those who have more trust in FD believe they are doing something, and all this has done is is created a new generation of cheaters and created more hassle for FD who were already trying to deal with the issue.

No, people are outright cheating, it's no contest. First of all they cheat bringing your ship down when you should get away. I've had this happen and I'm new to the game. Second, you should be able to easily outrun the bigger ships, the AI does it all the time, and magically the huge juggernauts can keep up with you if it's a human player. I own one of the bi 3 and know how slow they are. Someone called "The Kat" did the interdiction cheat on my fully armored and armed ASP Explorer then killed me with 2 shots, they had time to knock my shields down, use a couple hatch breaking limits, kept up with me while I was running in a much faster ship, and then destroyed it with one shot with full armor. There is a video of The Kat on youtube. If they cheat I'll put them out there and that player is a flat out cheater. I think frontier knows how the cheats are done and should simply fix it to where they cannot cheat! It's a shame to have people ruin a great game.

iRacing uses a program called easy anti-cheat to detect cheating. Maybe they should consider making a similar program to detect known cheats and hacks automatically. The interdiction cheat thing The Kat did was he tried to catch me once, I turned the bar blue, he cut it off before dropping out then did a second, I turned the bar blue, he cut it out did a 3rd and it immediately went red. That's a known cheat and how it was done. Didn't complain about being destroyed but I questioned how my ship was stopped when I turned the bar blue twice in a row then suddenly the third it went red. It's a cheat! Then no help when I was in a friendly system...
No, its not cheating, ive used a frag cobra to rip sheild tank clippers in half after 2-3 passes, an E-rated python wouldnt even survive half a volley from frags.
If their rebuy is 2.8 mill their defenses are the problem
I have a python outfitted to take on larger vessesl with a rebuy of 14 million, but even with engineered shields and armor, frag cannons are still able to rip through my ship if they get a direct hit on me.
there are plenty of weapons in this game that hurt

Last edited:
Top Bottom