General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
An Auckland airport employee, however, tested positive for coronavirus on Tuesday. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has indicated that this should not have an impact on this "bubble", the two countries "having accepted that there are cases".

If these are detected and controlled ...

😷
Yeah, the problem there is they are dealing with returnees from your plague ridden countries. We can't just say "No you can't come home!" to those. That's where the "Almost no virus" bit from my previous post comes from. We have virus, it's all from the rest of you guys. Our communities are safe.

Yeah, the problem there is they are dealing with returnees from your plague ridden countries. We can't just say "No you can't come home!" to those. That's where the "Almost no virus" bit from my previous post comes from. We have virus, it's all from the rest of you guys. Our communities are safe.
Testing, tracing, quarantine, vaccination and other sensible measures should hopefully stem the spread with any luck. Easier to achieve for you as you haven't let it run rampant before trying.

Actually implementing the WHO's advice from day one seems to have worked.

Medical Association is doing my shot on Saturday, 40 miles away, in the capital.
Hate going there, but that's where it is. Queen's Park Savannah.

The current U.S. Department of State Travel Advisory at the date of this report’s publication assesses Trinidad and Tobago at Level 2, indicating travelers should exercise increased caution. Do not travel to Laventille, Beetham, Sea Lots, Cocorite, and the interior of Queen's Park Savannah in Port of Spain due to crime

Yep, the centre of the murder capital. Odds of getting murdered are lower because of Covid restrictions.

I'll cut you in if these numbers work .

I hear St Vincent's for sale, very cheap private island and smoking volcano...

images

Geothermally powered underground complexes with a rich German partner... perfect, for totally legal things.

Which one would you prefer ?

Just leave Union island alone please, my mate’s got a shed on a beach and I’ve been meaning to visit with him for years!

Just leave Union island alone please, my mate’s got a shed on a beach and I’ve been meaning to visit with him for years!

Criteria :

Will the Island still be there in lats say 10 years ?
Is it robust enough for a storm shelter ?
Generally, weather . And, is any Insurer willing to hand out a somewhat affordable policy ?
Oh, and Pirates ofc . Dont wanna be in their way . On the other hand, potential income . Beachbars, lodging, Pachinko Parlours and the such .

If Union Island meets those ( and the others I haven thought about yet ), it'll make the List .

Criteria :

Will the Island still be there in lats say 10 years ?
Is it robust enough for a storm shelter ?
Generally, weather . And, is any Insurer willing to hand out a somewhat affordable policy ?
Oh, and Pirates ofc . Dont wanna be in their way . On the other hand, potential income . Beachbars, lodging, Pachinko Parlours and the such .

If Union Island meets those ( and the others I haven thought about yet ), it'll make the List .
One thing that really upset my mate (who’s from Union) was one time he visited, there was some sort of plume of toxic plankton/algae which covered the beaches - I wonder if any connection to the gulf oil leaks at the time.

I’m not sure there’s any remote safe spot where evidence of our human excesses haven’t reached.
Whether plastic crap or toxic waste, we’re really not very good at looking out for the environment.
I’m in danger of appearing a moany old man, but I watched some dude on the beach opening his burger wrapper and simply letting the packaging go over his shoulder.
At some risk, I actually asked him why- and he shrugged and pointed to all the other rubbish.
It’s seems that maybe in a similar way, mean, greedy, unsympathetic, selfish, and other, imho bad human behaviours are excused because there are others behaving in this way.
It’s much harder to be the first person to dump rubbish on a pristine beach, or be the first person to say , I’m not sacrificing anything for someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hans Kristian Gaarder, 60, died on April 6, according to Insider. Covid 19 was confirmed after death.
He was a prominent Norweigan denier, who held illegal house parties, where he was likely infected.

The karma of this viral global event is irresistable. Over and over, people get it wrong, and pay a high price. Worse, they end up killing others.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom