Community Event / Creation The Sidewinder Trophy

My single unlimited entry run for public appraisal. 27:49 with a Limbo speed of 293 for a total time of 25:49. Please check and feel free. I probably could push a bit harder but that is not in the spirit of my race. This is purely for championship points. Oh and it is quite smooth unlike some entries lolol

Source: https://youtu.be/oHG5ALKd8us
I usually like to watch these videos because I might learn something from them. But I couldn't help but notice that this FOV was much too wide for my 24" monitor (1920x1080). I would have needed at least one, if not two additional monitors to be able to see anything.

Figured out why I had all my problems yesterday ... I hadn't named the ship!

Introducing ..

pwQgsWT.png

Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr. Brightsidey

Run submitted!

Visited a couple of mat'l traders and got thrusters and FSD engineered to 99.7% of G5; and then the problems started:
Failed the limbo at Dav's 3 times
Crashed into Ruchbah after getting to close for orbital cruise (what?)
Failed the limbo again
Finally got all the way round the course, only to completely fail the landing at Wright and get sent to jail
And finally finally, I made it! Including 2 goes at the limbo.

Run submitted, and I'm never visiting Dav's Hope again after this race 🤬

Forgot to say, had one amusing (aka god I'm such an idiot) moment today. Took off from Ruchbach and found myself with a badly obscured jump. The same had happened yesterday so I decided to do the usual, go back, and find a route via a star that wasn't obscured (you can see this coming can't you!). It was only as I was approaching the planet that the frying pan of realisation hit me in the face. I can land anywhere on the planet. It was only my own dumb stupidity that had planted me down on the wrong side. 🤦‍♂️ So, this race has introduced a first for Buckyball I think. Plotting the route to the next system while simultaneously racing towards a planet in this one in order to pick an unobscured landing spot.

Forgot to say, had one amusing (aka god I'm such an idiot) moment today. Took off from Ruchbach and found myself with a badly obscured jump. The same had happened yesterday so I decided to do the usual, go back, and find a route via a star that wasn't obscured (you can see this coming can't you!). It was only as I was approaching the planet that the frying pan of realisation hit me in the face. I can land anywhere on the planet. It was only my own dumb stupidity that had planted me down on the wrong side. 🤦‍♂️ So, this race has introduced a first for Buckyball I think. Plotting the route to the next system while simultaneously racing towards a planet in this one in order to pick an unobscured landing spot.
I figured this out too after my scouting runs had left me with an obscured jump from Ruchbach 2. I had the planet bookmarked, jumped into the system, lined up then plotted to Dav's Hope and re-targeted Ruchbach 2, ensuring that the jump out was on the same side as I came in to land. It's the little things that all add up isn't it? :)

Top Bottom