The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Twitch or VOD's on Twitch. More unedited video of this than you could watch in a lifetime.

Yeah, i'm sure. But i mean stuff that gets posted here. I can't watch it all, but i can watch the bits posted by skeptics and the faithful alike when posted here, as long as not crazy long.

Hmm.... will think about it. The experience last time thought was terrible.

Yup, the more people providing actual unedited videos of actual gameplay the better we can evaluate the progress and state of the game.

It's full of more irritating and gamebreaking bugs than any patch since 3.3 at the moment...trust me. Another entire ship eaten by a truckstop complete with 200K imaginary money in cargo along with it as I landed to sell the stuff.... 3rd time in 2 days. Then I played 'guess the hangar' to find my ship for half an hour. I'm now almost penniless in game purely through gamebreaking bug nonsense. Thankfully, I'll be relatively flush again with the next major patch sometime this year :cautious:

I won't even attempt to list the major gamebreaking bugs I've noted and suffered through since the 3.5 live build was prematurely regurgitated from the PTU way too early...there's just too many bugs for it to be playable.

I didn't even have the heart to fling the HOTAS about after watching my earned in game credits and the hours of trading chucked down the pan again...I just rested my head gently on my keyboard and sighed.

3.5 is a complete bugfest, I doubt you'll hear any other reasonable opinion from fanboi and detractor alike...If you do read otherwise, feel free to serve them a virtual slapping since they're obviously not playing it.

Last edited:
Not at all.
It will get sorted eventually.
Besides...
Why would anyone spend more than they could afford on a game?

I'm sure your grand will buy you more bugs to enjoy ;)

I'm still intrigued why you believe critics of the project have been "hurt by Chris Roberts so much more than I could ever be" though. Please tell me the nature of this hurt so that I may better perceive it. How have I been struck down by not embracing the pre-alpha?

Not at all.
It will get sorted eventually.
Besides...
Why would anyone spend more than they could afford on a game?
I don't regret the $500 or so I've spent here either.
Even though it's pretty obvious I'll never get the criminal game play style I wanted.
DG2 was a lot of fun, regardless.

We may never see the like of DG2 in this game again, but who knows?
We may have inspired a new generation of gankers.
Some people can be easily coerced into paying more than they should,it usually involves a hard sell of some sort,precisely the tactics used by CR.
What you’ve done is pay at least 10 times as much for a game,in advance,on the assumption that the things CR has thought of will actually turn into a compelling game.
Currently 7 years in and it’s still in alpha,a fraction of the game is in and almost exclusively broken.

The free play week will not play in CiG favor at all. All main game loops are broken in some way, even flying around doing nothing is not without risks if you count on getting in and out of your ship due to killer ladders and doors...

I may be paranoid here but i’ve noticed a distinct lack of SC YouTube vids that are critical. Are people just getting bored of pointing out the obvious or has CR spent some money to bury these sort of uploaders?

I may be paranoid here but i’ve noticed a distinct lack of SC YouTube vids that are critical. Are people just getting bored of pointing out the obvious or has CR spent some money to bury these sort of uploaders?
Partly because it's boring, since it's been done and it never changes; partly because you immediately get assaulted and harassed — complete with faked reports, threats, abuse, and general wishes of your impending death — by one of, if not the most disgustingly toxic “support” communities in all of gaming.

Partly because it's boring, since it's been done and it never changes; partly because you immediately get assaulted and harassed — complete with faked reports, threats, abuse, and general wishes of your impending death — by one of, if not the most disgustingly toxic “support” communities in all of gaming.
I agree.....beside that I also get a bit tired to repeat myself again&again and instead I found easier to point on fewer things that gets improved in SC.....

Faked reporting would certainly put an end to a channel pretty swiftly. Freedom of speech doesn’t seem to be a priority in these strange times.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

:D
Oh. Oh my.

Rough playable modes—alphas, not betas—are used to raise hopes and illustrate work being done. And Roberts has enticed gamers with a steady stream of hype, including promising a vast, playable universe with “100 star systems.” But most of the money is gone, and the game is still far from finished. At the end of 2017, for example, Roberts was down to just $14 million in the bank. He has since raised more money. Those 100 star systems? He has not completed a single one. So far he has two mostly finished planets, nine moons and an asteroid.

This is not fraud—Roberts really is working on a game—but it is incompetence and mismanagement on a galactic scale. The heedless waste is fueled by easy money raised through crowdfunding, a Wild West territory nearly free of regulators and rules.
Oooh… myyy…

“There’s no two ways about it, man. Star Citizen is nuts,” says Jesse Schell, a prominent game developer and professor at Carnegie Mellon University. “This thing is unusual in about five dimensions. . . . It is very rare to be doing game development for seven years—that’s not how it works. That’s not normal at all.”
:ROFLMAO:
Would it be bad form to just quote the entire article, but piece by piece? Or would including the bits about Sandi be required to not fall afoul of any kind of rules of being very very very very mean to people?

Last edited:
This is not fraud—Roberts really is working on a game—but it is incompetence and mismanagement on a galactic scale.
Oh boy oh boy. That made me smirk :D Coming from Forbes, no less. These are words of war, i wonder if the cultists will invoke The Dark One (since he's behind anything and everything) or that Forbes is being paid by goons ? haha. Very entertaining article, kinda repeats what we know already but the audience is much, much larger this time around...

:D

Its a very skeptical view of it, pretty much mirroring the opinions of many here, and totally the opposite of how the faithful view it.

Gold quote here from CR:

Star Citizen is a playable game,” Roberts insists. “It has more functionality and content than a lot of finished games.”

LOL... what's he comparing it to? Jet Set Willy?

Oh. Oh my.

Oooh… myyy…

:ROFLMAO:
Would it be bad form to just quote the entire article, but piece by piece? Or would including the bits about Sandi be required to not fall afoul of any kind of rules of being very very very very mean to people?

Sandi's quote about all the martketing being viral by the community is an outright lie. Their own channel is full of marketing videos.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom