The Star Citizen Thread v5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
For anyone who wants to wash the stream away from their eye's The rover is an excellent low key post apocalyptic film.

Not sure why Star Citizen makes me think of an apocalypse but there you go.

Still nothing to worry about no?

It's only 5 years in after all.

Basically every time I see SC stream it's like reality check.

#1 Jerky camera movement - check;
#2 Some fun hanging around moments - check;
#3 Still conceptual gameplay, missing even simple gample loop - check;
#4 (For my taste) very boring color palette/no id visual style - check; p.s. in fairness though stations/interiors of satellites look interesting, enticing imagination; Still it feels very...universal?
#5 Crashes....awfully lot of crashes;

If it would be 1 - 1.5 year since start I would be less worried.

Last edited:
As I was waiting for the stream to come back online I was thinking my cultural reference for Polaris: A thing which cost a fortune, was never used for what it was designed for and is now obsolete :/

Don't worry! Tomorrow you'll be able to melt down your Polaris and buy Trident with the funds.

Maybe ;)

I don't care if the gamescom demo was faked, staged or whatever.

It was a demonstration of what we should be expecting...I'm waiting, and news of it getting pushed back further does not restore confidence.

I'm really getting to see some interesting stuff on the stream. The host got stuck in a lift and had to surreptitiously run clip through the door to get out :/

I don't care if the gamescom demo was faked, staged or whatever.

It was a demonstration of what we should be expecting...I'm waiting, and news of it getting pushed back further does not restore confidence.

I agree with you 100%.....problem is that same thing already happens in the past we could see some cool demos&animations that never ever appear in the actual game later on.....just remember helmet-flip,Star Marine,Enders game...etc......

I've found the best way to experience the stream is to watch something else on telly.

Currently invasion of the body snatchers.

Which version ?.

As with the day the earth stood still I prefer the black and white one.

70's with Oddball and Spock.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

ETA - as a rule I generally prefer the originals - but I don't think I've actually seen it in this case!

Last edited:
That was convenient.

"Let's fully crew the ship"
"Think we can do that?"
"Yes"
"All meet up at (somewhere)"
Upon arrival meets some (two I think) bad guys. Ship gets destroyed after flying straight at one of the bad guys.
No time left to do again.
Garbage.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom