The Star Citizen Thread v5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
First of all: told you so. One entire bugsmasher ep was just CIG showing they hadn't figured this out yet.

Second of all: uh no, actually in-sequence messaging *adds overhead*, but it can be neccessary for consistency depending on your other design choices.

It's amazing. We are watching an entire company learn the basics of distributed systems.

Can't wait for them to discover Brewer's CAP Theorem....

It took them 5½ years to invent object-oriented programming. I'm sure Brewer's will probably be reached before 2025 at least. Progress!

I don't know where you got that from, but I tell you - with certainty - that's rubbish. All of it.

I have to admit I find this really funny.

You say, as though there is irrefutable proof, that you KNOW there are between 2k and 5k whales financing the project and yet those numbers are based on information that CIG releases, yet when I postulate something also based on information CIG has released suddenly it is all rubbish. That does strikes me as being very ironic :rolleyes:

So the new schedule is up. Differences can be seen here: https://www.diffchecker.com/xFvadA7j

More delays for some features, notably lighting moons and dates TBD. Other stuff has been completed. Curious to see how they do the mission givers given the instancing.

Can someone remind me when they are due to sort out the modular/differential/incremental/whatever updating mechanism? I couldnt see it in the 3.0 Schedule. I am just wondering as I have decided to update to 2.6.3 and I really am getting fed up with having a 2 hour download every time using a downloader that seems to take all the available bandwidth.

lol :D
Everything he has done over the last 5+ years says otherwise :D
I don't think he has a clue at all and has the mentality of a 7 year old kid.
What comes out of CR mouth is just spectacular. His biggest downfall is not keep that big mouth shut.
-
Can't believe you're still all talking about CR and lying. He's lied outright to peoples faces on numerous occasions...and not littles ones at that...big huge whopping fibs! :(

No one is denying that he lied,I think thats more then obvious untill now but if you think that lies and fallen promises are enough to close CIG and put CR on trial..hmm....as I said GL with that.....We can all love or hate what CR&CIG does but the fact still remain and in reality they are still BUILDING a game and you can see proof of that everywhere.....300 emloyees,weekly shows,demos,payed actors,hundreds commercials,good salaries..papers are CLEAN....sure you and I can argue that this is NOT what we believe we pitched for few years back but I am afraid that this is not enough(yet) to shut down them or their "business"my friend......

Last edited:
well I updated today and had a little look see how my 1060 fairs (used to have a 660ti), not mega smooth but a LOT better than when I last fired up (ages ago). Couldn't be to remap controls, somehow managed to take off and fly around the space station and yup it's a very nice looking station.

Anyhoo, any news on Sq42?

dsmart

Banned
I have to admit I find this really funny.

You say, as though there is irrefutable proof, that you KNOW there are between 2k and 5k whales financing the project and yet those numbers are based on information that CIG releases, yet when I postulate something also based on information CIG has released suddenly it is all rubbish. That does strikes me as being very ironic :rolleyes:

Actually I never said those things - at all. I stated that your statements were inaccurate, and that we have metrics (which I provided) based on data scrubbed directly from RSI website.

Yes - there is a difference.

Postulating != Analytics

Actually I never said those things - at all. I stated that your statements were inaccurate, and that we have metrics (which I provided) based on data scrubbed directly from RSI website.

Yes - there is a difference.

Postulating != Analytics

No you didn't say my statements were inaccurate. All you said was "it's rubbish, all of it".

Your metrics are based on information that you yourself question the validity of, that's my point. If you cannot trust the funding chart or ship sale numbers how can you draw any conclusion from it and then present it as fact.

Anyway, it's not worth an argument so that's all I'm saying on the matter.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom