The Star Citizen Thread v5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
you are kidding me i suppose.
a sort of wierd ironic tentative to make me laugh ?

This demo was showed 2 months ago (not 1 year ago or whatever)

now (citizencon) we had a demo that (in some aspects) shows some improvments of what we already saw last time in august.

And you have the courage to talk about a ''fail'' ?

hahahahaha

this thread is becoming hilarious, seriously.

i can't wait to see what all of you will write in this thread within a year (or so).

When you see either of those in game, on your own computer, then you can make a call.

We already know (from CIG/CR) that massive amount of core functionality for SC and SQ42 are not complete, so these demos are in no way demonstrative of anything available now. AI, for example. Fundamental in Q42 and not there.

It wasnt a bad presentation, wasnt great either; but I do wish CR would stop making these bold claims like "only we can do this scale because of 64 bit". Cobra had 64 bit precision before he chose his engine for goodness sake.

Also, the whole "seeing the space station from the planet" thing grinds my gears. I mean yeah, it may look great, but to be visible at that range wouldn't it have to be travelling at a crazy speed to maintain orbit?

Thats not scale, thats fakery.

I sincerely hope that SC will be released in 2017, so we can compare one game to another, not the reality to a dream.

In 2017 very wishful thinking...I think real Release is possible in 202X year if at all..
In 2017 we may have usual "Pre-Alfas" with very limited gameplay and lot of bugs...

OK, so we've had CitizenCon and the "demo" - probably a bit more mileage in that for a few days.
So, next up, 2.6, Star Marine and Flight Model changes - now I'm a bit confused, are the flight model changes coming as part of the 2.5 series of releases, or 2.6 - do the avacados have the FM changes yet? When does it go to PTU? When does it go public?

It has come to this, that I am simply just wanting to try out the new flight model for SCM..... How long do I have to wait?

Ofcourse. But I have impression that some people are trying to ridicule stuff seen in SC demo, like SRV wheels not always touching the surface, while in the same time SRVs in ED -game which went live two years ago btw- can get goofy in very similar way. It's a bit unfair tbh.

I've sadly never witnessed them getting goofy in ED, I like that kinda stuff. But nobody here is trying to ridicule - the video does that itself with its numerous flaws which keep being painted over by the hopeful. Also, it's a bit disingenuous to say SRV went live two years ago, when SRV's went live 10 months ago, along with planetary landings. We were shown them about 1 year ago (I think August at EGX?) and were playing with them less than 4 months later. Drawing a comparison just shows how much more efficient at developing FD are. Which makes sense, better pedigree, more experience.

I don't think it's unfair either, this is the SC thread. If you cant criticise SC here where are you supposed to (on these boards?).

Finally, it's not unfair, because ED gets lots of critique too, you can find it all over the boards. Why would we be critiquing ED in the SC thread though? We're here to discuss SC.

OK, so we've had CitizenCon and the "demo" - probably a bit more mileage in that for a few days.
So, next up, 2.6, Star Marine and Flight Model changes - now I'm a bit confused, are the flight model changes coming as part of the 2.5 series of releases, or 2.6 - do the avacados have the FM changes yet? When does it go to PTU? When does it go public?

It has come to this, that I am simply just wanting to try out the new flight model for SCM..... How long do I have to wait?

I think it came out just before the Con that 2.6 isn't even anywhere near the Avocados..

except the fact that is tedious to drive ...
They are adequate, it takes to get hold of them, and gravity changes things dramatically - how it should be. So they are difficult to drive, but they aren't tedious. Takes some skill.

Also I thought we are discussing how they look visually in game and how well connected they are to ground. They are.

Also Sterlino, understand that majority of us has always been interested in SC. Just this constant "OMG this is amazing demo" and then nothing to deliver for years is getting tiresome. It might be that SC will turn out better game than ED - I doubt that, but it is possible - but till then there's no much evidence to go on that premise.

Also Gamescom demo vs. CitizenCon demo where developed in parallel, both where heavily scripted, tweaked and on rails. Yes, last demo use better demonstration of their level generation engine and some new capabilities. But it is still not a game, and it was quite boring if honest - predictable, safe. Also remember people most likely concentrate on demonstration itself. Engine itself is very early stages. It is not ready or pre-alpha even. It will get better, and if CR will understand that he can't go on like that, he will do MVP release in next year or so. But at this point....it is not that great. Again, it is not attack towards SC....it is not a released game. Just hyping SC will always attract those who will want to poke that hype.

another aspect of what many of you have written that i don't understand is the rover seen in the demo.

i watched 3 times the demo and i clearly saw that the wheels touch the ground making dust and friction.
the wheels truly responds at the gravity of the surface of the planet.

If leaks are correct, flight model changes are a part of 2.5.x release, and they are under test by the Evocati right now, where they are supposed to stay for "a few weeks".

Last edited:
another aspect of what many of you have written that i don't understand is the rover seen in the demo.

i watched 3 times the demo and i clearly saw that the wheels touch the ground making dust and friction.
the wheels truly responds at the gravity of the surface of the planet.

It flies and hovers over the ground majority of the time, sorry. Understand that it is fine - it is unfinished game, unfinished engine, it is not ready for public consumption. We all get it. No need to go all defensive.

star citizen citizencon demo all revisions
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/57...evisions-v2.php

In middle original uncut version ripped from twitch
In the left newest version with modified script
in the right citizencon stream as whole on star citizen youtube

and to quote the zenmaster from somethingawful here is the differences

CHANGES IN NEW HOMESTEAD VIDEO UPLOADED 10/11/16 FROM ORIGINAL CITCON DEMO

0:25 stutter the same in both vids as pan in happens, so must be a loading skip

3:11 same stutter and weird blue glitch on left of screen

3:51 New vid has a lot more footage of the guy in the cockpit to show off animations, old vid just 1st person stuff

4:21 after taking a slightly different flight path, alarm sounds in new vid about 10 seconds
later than in the original vid

4:43 same zoom sequence until internal shot of pilot again this time from side, not front

5:41 new vid, Aquila arrives much faster at landing point than the ship in the old vid.

5:52 new landing is no where near as awkward as old vid (i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

6:05 new vid they stay in FP for the walk to the lockers, less glitching on geometry now

6:30+ new vid they exit the ship much faster and walk farther from Aquilla before cutting to 3rd person shot
of player

6:40: The zoom is much closer as they do the cheesecake shot of the player model

7:00 depth of field is different in the new vid, everything is closer, suspect DS is right about
the close plain texture issues and they just zoomed the camera in a bit?

7:15 new vid has the player looking much longer at scenery and getting to the Fake-o
buggy much later.

7:30 both buggies slide to the left ever so slightly on their lowering pads

7:57 this is odd... the animation for the old vid has been sped up getting into the
driver seat to make it faster in the new video. not sure

7:57: new vid the drivers looks around a bit before driving off

8:20 same pans, same gun and same headlight and wheel shot

8:30 stays on wheels longer in new vid

8:45 Hahahah, they don't cut to the shot in the new vid where you can see the wheels aren't touching
the ground! they do cut to a shot similar to this but much later
smile.gif
(i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

10:30 Wow! New path, buggy takes path around rock to the left in new vid, old vid was right path

11:20 player getting stuck in wall of buggy did not happen this time, they were able to avoid that wall in new vid.

11:30 new vid guy looks in box first then in front of wreck, they both still zoom back in on base where they landed.

12:15 more outside shots of buggy, but more weird issues with buggy model, not as much z fighting
on ground could been seen player gets hung up in new vid on wall in buggy

13:20 zooms on base in new vid and spends much more time at sign than in old vid looking around

14:10 still weird snowy mountain frame in both vids

14:25 buggy ends up much closer to rock in canyon after being blown up

15:00 fight with AI, much different, new vid the player is being more careful, hiding using cover more, kills enemies in different order, one enemy in different spot (i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

15:20 swaps to pistol faster in new vid, takes much longer to get up the hill in new vid

15:50 old vid has glitch with missing pistol for 1 sec, new vid does not (i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

16:30 looks around a bit more in new vid, same shadow issue, but he hides it with gun/shadows (i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

16:59 they go 3rd person to hide the weird climb on animation in 1st person (i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

17:30+ pretty much the same same cues, rotations, but more looking in new vid at scenery and he gets to end much faster than old vid

18:50 hahah not as much bouncing in new vid (i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

20:00 gets back to dragonfly much faster in new vid

21:30 doesn't have odd glitch with moving forward and invisible wall (i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

22:10 much more 3rd person and looking during traveling to crashed ship

23:40 ragdoll of sniped bad guy down side of ship instead of awkward fall onto face (i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

24:30 lots more looking

25:20 same kill same run for cover

25:45 weird glitch on new vid to leftof screen like a weapon clipping thru the player

26:50 ragdoll is much better in new vid (goons pointed this out in gif form)

no black box still lol

27:40 old way point gone, take much long for new vid to get out of ship to end

28:00 walk on angled ship with no gun out this time

28:35 actually hits a raider (who is now shielded) to prove he can (i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

29:00 no console, play model stays in place, unmoving this time, no double pan out to space or water issue (i pointed this out in my breakdown video)

hLo5SEC.png

46zgTiC.png

K1c7f1Z.png

wXBa65m.png

qVTljef.png

3I20KZV.png

Now you can see what was scripted in the demo and what wasn't.

Also i love the definitely not skybox dynamic weather [rolleyes]

i can't wait to see what all of you will write in this thread within a year (or so).

I think in a years time after citcon 2017 I'll be saying "They still haven't made any progress, that's just an advert none of it's in the game, they copied that city from Logans run".

The only way the above could be wrong is if I'm saying "wow they went bust faster than I thought".

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom