The Star Citizen Thread v5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ahh, so you're trying your hand at getting your very own "Special Snowflake" award from Uncle Roberts then, because heaven forfend that you, Mr GordFreeman, should have to see such vulgarity as is regularly practised at this very forum!

Also, please confirm that you have seen Stig's joystick/HOTAS set up with your own peepers and that you know for a fact that he is "lying"? :)

Buddy. Do I really have to break this down for you again? (I have no idea why I have to see Stig's HOTAS set up......)

FACT: SC started development more than a decade after the 90s.

FACT: Stig said that both Tie Fighter and SC were made in the 90s.

FACT: Stig's statement does not line up with reality, therefore it is false. A lie.

The fact that Stig said that while mocking SC does not change the fact that it was a lie.

Hold on, I don't get it. Star Citizen's lousy flight model and combat is good because Tie Fighter was fun? Phew.

Indeed, croberts found the secret sauce to a good space game flight mode and that is TIE Fighter...no need for further iteration

See...now that is mockery :p

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Buddy. Do I really have to break this down for you again? (I have no idea why I have to see Stig's HOTAS set up......)

FACT: Stig's statement does not line up with reality, therefore it is false. A lie.

The fact that Stig said that while mocking SC does not change the fact that it was a lie.

Someone can't take a joke

Last edited:

Stigbob said:
Comparisons of tie-fighter and SC are quite apt, they were both designed in the 90's.

Uhh, Stig said both were *designed* in the 90s, as in suggesting that SC was designed according to archaic outdated principles. He did not say they were both "made" in the 90s.

Last edited:

You seem to be the only one that took it seriously.

Nah, that would be people who are continuously triggered by the fact that CIG used the term BDSSE in their marketing. ;)

If triggered means fall out of my chair laughing every time I see that acronym, then we agree...and I'm going to need some protective padding and some floor polish.

Well there is some good old-fashioned jocularity, but "mock" I would suggest is more deliberately antagonistic than simply having to only be able to point at something and laugh uncontrollably :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you for making me laugh uncontrollably!!! :D

Last edited:

[video=youtube;LZcn2V4alPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZcn2V4alPg[/video]

If triggered means fall out of my chair laughing every time I see that acronym, then we agree...and I'm going to need some protective padding and some floor polish.

It means people take it too seriously and defensively. It's a marketing slogan. Nothing more, nothing less. I've seen countless people offended by it.

The exact same answer as I got.
However, don't know about you, but I pledged via Kickstarter in 2012.
For me, funding in KS went over Amazon Payments (https://payments.amazon.com/).
Just logged in there, found the transaction and if you went with Amazon Payments, you can resolve problems with your transaction from there.
Works similar as Ebay dispute, if you can't reach solution with the seller, they go through refund process for you.

ZDmKUIj.jpg

mAC3iNU.jpg

It means people take it too seriously and defensively. It's a marketing slogan. Nothing more, nothing less. I've seen countless people offended by it.

You seem to view everything in terms of offence.

It not offensive it's just wildly inaccurate and they've yet to pick up the bill for using it so often. When that arrives then we'll see who is laughing!

I know what triggered means...and in REAL cases it does not mean too seriously or defensively.

I'm from a military family...several have seen combat, I know what not to do or say to avoid their PTSD triggers.

Gamers like to use the term for their petty (though entertaining) arguments.

I don't know why anyone would be honestly offended by that acronym...silly really...it should be taken as a joke because anyone saying they have got the best of something before they have made it is surely a comedian.

You seem to view everything in terms of offence.

It not offensive it's just wildly inaccurate and they've yet to pick up the bill for using it so often. When that arrives then we'll see who is laughing!

It looks like you're taking the marketing slogan just a tad bit too literally there buddy. ;)

Well, it's arrogant and unearned. Like almost everything else CIG. No wonder it irritates some people.

Ah. And we have another victim. Offended by marketing. Proving ianw wrong in a matter of mere seconds.

Last edited:

Over here in the UK this is known as, "doing a Benitez"! After the then Liverpool manager on his hospital bed launched into an attack on the then Man Utd Manager Alex Ferguson

Ah. And we have another victim. Offended by marketing. Proving ianw wrong in a matter of mere seconds.

Who said I was offended? I just said it's easy to see why such silly claims irritate some people. Because they are silly.

The ridiculous marketing moves they've pulled will haunt them for years. This is just one of the sillier aspects of it!

You're not really making a very good case for whatever it is you're defending. Well, on such an awkward day for CIG -- I can see why it might be difficult to manage convincing arguments for the snowflake set.

Last edited:
It looks like you're taking the marketing slogan just a tad bit too literally there buddy. ;)

Ah. And we have another victim. Offended by marketing.

As I'm the only factual source that can confirm whether I am in fact offended or not would you object awfully if I called you a liar? :D

Can you really see CR coming out and saying - when the game gets panned? - only joking guys - we never really meant it - lol!

The point is their whole strategy can only ever backfire on them - there is no way any company could make a game that lives up to the hype they've fed and encouraged.

And that's going to bite them hard eventually.

I just think it's a tactically bad move - a massive hostage to fortune.

Hubris - but funny nevertheless.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom