The Star Citizen Thread v5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
with a functioning bug free game - this August?

Because I don't think anything less than that will do. The time for demo videos and so forth is long past.

HAHAHAHA!!! :D That's hilarious. Your demands are set! Your foot is down! BAM!

Hey, I know, you know, we all know that ain't happening. Your patience has run out. Your deadline has passed. So I'm curious, will you still be here 5 years from now, making more demands for bug free games? Cause I don't see the difference.

Last edited:

Hey, I know, you know, we all know that ain't happening. Your patience has run out. Your deadline has passed. So I'm curious, will you still be here 5 years from now, making more demands? Cause I don't see the difference.

Absolutely - unless they give me my money back. Then I'll go back to observing.

Hey, I know, you know, we all know that ain't happening. Your patience has run out. Your deadline has passed. So I'm curious, will you still be here 5 years from now, making more demands for bug free games? Cause I don't see the difference.

The prospect of people still waiting for star citizen bug free or otherwise in five years isn't exactly a stretch of the imagination.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

wow... [wacky]

How very dare people want their money back 2 years after the release date was missed.

The prospect of people still waiting for star citizen bug free or otherwise in five years isn't exactly a stretch of the imagination.

The interesting part is how unhappy customers would stick around 5 years after their patience has run out. Seems exhausting to me. Very interesting. [wacko]

Ba dum... tss!
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
wow... [wacky]

Yes sirreee, I will take every reasonable opportunity (I won't just make stuff up) to dump on this project until they return my money.

That's not likely to happen - so here we are.

Will you still be defending it in 5 years?

The interesting part is how unhappy customers would stick around 5 years after their patience has run out. Seems exhausting to me. Very interesting. [wacko]

It's actually a lot easier than trying to play Star Citizen - no mega downloads - no controller nonsense - no fighting with bugs - just leave a browser open - like you do most days - and hit F5 every now and again.

You should try it sometime!

Yes sirreee, I will take every reasonable opportunity (I won't just make stuff up) to dump on this project until they return my money.

That's not likely to happen - so here we are.

Will you still be defending it in 5 years?
No. I might be playing it if it's out. Or I might be taking a break if I've played enough of it. If SQ42 isn't released this Winter, then I'll probably just forget about it all again until it's out.

It's actually a lot easier than trying to play Star Citizen - no mega downloads - no controller nonsense - no fighting with bugs - just leave a browser open - like you do most days - and hit F5 every now and again.

You should try it sometime!
You obviously have me mistaken. I'm not a hardcore tester. It's been quite a while since I've downloaded a build. I'm not testing it. And I'm not wasting my time attacking it's devs either.

No. I might be playing it if it's out. Or I might be taking a break if I've played enough of it. If SQ42 isn't released this Winter, then I'll probably just forget about it all again until it's out.

So you'll be taking a very long break - but you can always stop by for a chat anyway.

You obviously have me mistaken. I'm not a hardcore tester. It's been quite a while since I've downloaded a build. I'm not testing it. And I'm not wasting my time attacking it's devs either.

Just wasting your time attacking people who've been refused refunds. [wacko]

Are you saying that procedural generation will be in game functioning - with a functioning bug free game - this August?

Because I don't think anything less than that will do. The time for demo videos and so forth is long past.

Well here's the actual footage of what they have so far

[video=youtube;whCJ4BiLRag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whCJ4BiLRag[/video]

Now compare that to the pupil to planet video they used to demo their 'PG' tech.

[video=youtube;OBYRIZA44Eg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBYRIZA44Eg[/video]

This is where I have big issues with CIG's 'marketing' , they constantly hack together fancy pre-rendered footage that is completely at odds with in engine reality. Their 'commercials' used to sell ships are full of chase footage and getting on your opponents six, when the actual in game flight model doesn't allow for that at all. This due to high powered strafe making 1v1 combat a faceshooting and aiming competition 90% of the time with more in common with Descent than 'Star Wars', this is very misleading to backers who end up expecting star-wars like combat and end up having to constantly mash strafe just like an FPS to have any chance of surviving in PVP in the actual game.

Same goes for Pupil to Planet, its hacked together to look like PG is further ahead than it really is with no basis in reality and its ballooning backer expectations beyond what is reasonable. Compare that to the low-key approach FDEV took to Horizons, actual gameplay on planets it 100% accurate to the trailers they presented using in game footage. That is how it should be in an openly developed crowdfunded game.

Last edited:
No, you're wasting it trying to change the mind of those concerned by this obvious mess because for you it "doesn't really matter".

You're entitled to your opinion, but so are we.

It doesn't matter yet somehow you feel compelled to join this forum and post lots about something that really doesn't matter.

Roger that.
I'm not under the illusion that anyone here is changing their mind. Just voicing my opinion, like everyone else. :)

No, you're wasting it trying to change the mind of those concerned by this obvious mess because for you it "doesn't really matter".

You're entitled to your opinion, but so are we.
They really need to show of some solid gameplay at Gamescom in August if they want to answer the criticisms that are being levelled at them.

I cant say I am hopeful give how little they've shown off so far (of finished features/gameplay), but in the end it doesnt matter what any of us think.

Only what's released.

But the rest of the industry isnt going to stand still.

The longer they wait the further behind the engine they are building the game on gets... Cryengine have already released a new version of their engine (that's VR focused), as have Epic by releasing Unreal engine 4.

As the saying goes "Time waits for no man".

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
M

OT fact. That meme is from (the very underated) 'Pirates - an adventure with scientists' by Gideon DeFoe who wrote the screenplay & book. DeFoe is also a bit an Elite fan and wrote the hilarious official ED book: Docking is Difficult. Well worth a read.

As you were ..

I did not know that. I am definitely getting Docking is Difficult now. Thanks :)

Well here's the actual footage of what they have so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whCJ4BiLRag

Now compare that to the pupil to planet video they used to demo their 'PG' tech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBYRIZA44Eg
I dunno, the first video doesn't look half bad, if you ignore bad textures and severe framerate issues (though onscreen FPS counter claims stable 50). Unless you refer to the implied quality of the planet being comparable to Nyx landing zone from PtP video, of course.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom