"The Stones"

Oh on that note, Carver says in her last log

'the cage they built' - this could be read as another cage to the one Carvers team built, it may not. 'They' could mean her team back in CSN or could mean the Adamastor crew. Still no mention of Faraday though, she certainly was keeping that bit quiet.

Bit OT but has anybody checked out the Codex since the update?

I swear the Martian Relic was described as 'few inches across', but now it says 'no bigger than a childs hand'.

Does anyone remember either way what it said before? Could quite easily have imagined it, but if not, what else has been updated...

Not the First Thargoid Contact in the Thargoids tab, that still says 2189!

Mandela effect for the both of us it seems :LOL:

Interesting, so combustion based weapons? Seems reasonable in a human atmosphere. Again, it's like what could possibly go wrong...
Oh, ammonium salt + nitric acid = ammonia nitrate...nasty stuff.
hmmm...

Yeah, i swear i could hear small arms fire :unsure: that's confused me big time. Hence why i came up with the "they're shooting at it...it's still alive" part of my ramble in earlier post :eek:

Hmmm... have you got another theory going here ;)

Mandela effect for the both of us it seems :LOL:

Yeah, i swear i could hear small arms fire :unsure: that's confused me big time. Hence why i came up with the "they're shooting at it...it's still alive" part of my ramble in earlier post :eek:

Hmmm... have you got another theory going here ;)
I think a lot of different things happened around the same time... :D
Mostly just some unanswered things:
Why were the crew acting weird, too much ammonia in the blood would help explain it but how did it get there? Might it be something that thargoids naturally release by way of small, aerosol particles? Needs researched maybe.
I think there may also have been a chain of chemical reactions which led to a catastrophic explosion which forced the airlocks to be manually opened. All the ingredients could be there...
As far as engines, prolly direct thargoid actions, stopping the ship from kidnapping one of their own seems logical(swarm).

Oh on that note, Carver says in her last log

'the cage they built' - this could be read as another cage to the one Carvers team built, it may not. 'They' could mean her team back in CSN or could mean the Adamastor crew. Still no mention of Faraday though, she certainly was keeping that bit quiet.
I think the first they built didn't work and the "cage they built" sounds like a new one.
Common sense would suggest if EM signals then faraday cage would seem appropriate but ?.
Jmanis mentions the damage a UA can cause but they don't reference the morse, maybe they didn't realise but why did it become louder, taken into a more hostile environment? This is new behaviour...but all speculation.
One thing may be clear and that is it was never properly contained, unless referencing attacks but the ship was 'presumably' only attacked once, by many meteorites...afaik.

Bit OT but has anybody checked out the Codex since the update?

I swear the Martian Relic was described as 'few inches across', but now it says 'no bigger than a childs hand'.

Does anyone remember either way what it said before? Could quite easily have imagined it, but if not, what else has been updated...

Not the First Thargoid Contact in the Thargoids tab, that still says 2189!
No bigger than a child’s hand is all I ever remember seeing.

I just wanted ask if this is normal behaviour of data-point (at Geological Survey 23B ) ...

Source: https://youtu.be/-83R47ntuLc

I know there were before used "hidden" messages in sound files, this just looked interesting. I have read logs from settlement numerous times and there is one interesting part telling that they used beacon for transmit messages and that these using top encryption software. Still wonder if there is ingame way how to resolve later puzzle text from listening post.

Also is interesting why is that settlement using number 23B ... means there may be "A" too and 22 others?

Last edited:
I think a lot of different things happened around the same time... :D
Mostly just some unanswered things:
Why were the crew acting weird, too much ammonia in the blood would help explain it but how did it get there? Might it be something that thargoids naturally release by way of small, aerosol particles? Needs researched maybe.
I think there may also have been a chain of chemical reactions which led to a catastrophic explosion which forced the airlocks to be manually opened. All the ingredients could be there...
As far as engines, prolly direct thargoid actions, stopping the ship from kidnapping one of their own seems logical(swarm).

Not too sure, it would be amazing though if we could link the Thetis ship. There are no dates on the logs for that to indicate how long of a span the crew started becoming crazy.. but it would be interesting to say the least. This is a long shot though and a doubt it has anything to do with what happened there but never the less, they are both spooky in there own way.

I think if we both put in for a PHD course in biochemistry right now... we would pass with flying colors :LOL: jokes aside though.. have you had a look at this? i haven't had time this weekend but can look soon.

Hmm.. there could of been. Either something like that or all of the shooting going on. The crew might of even been going that crazy they started shooting as random stuff... like a mind controlling thing going on maybe ? who knows. I do strongly believe though this is definitely a new kind of tharg. It HAS to be with Odyssey coming. As i said, Odyssey without ground based aliens wouldn't make sense. And people will start screaming for it after it releases.
I don't think they are going to roll out these ground based aliens straight up from release though... maybe a few months later.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...oween-3306-event-that-everyone-missed.558049/

Just found this. Point 4 is interesting after what i have just said :LOL:

Point 5 could be that this secure facility is a place we will visit during Odyssey and will take the path of something similar we have all seen. The introduction to the Thargoids back in 2017.. hyperdiction - ominous cutscene plays - thargoid zooms off and jumps out. Whereas this could be a facility that we investigate - similar happens - dodgy looking ET tharg scares everybody - leaves the facility and gets away.

All speculation obviously

Not too sure, it would be amazing though if we could link the Thetis ship. There are no dates on the logs for that to indicate how long of a span the crew started becoming crazy.. but it would be interesting to say the least. This is a long shot though and a doubt it has anything to do with what happened there but never the less, they are both spooky in there own way.

I strongly believe this (or want to :) ), as I wrote previously. It cannot be a coincidence... alien signal coming from an inhabited planed that drives people mad.
I want also to investigate a little bit more the Thetis thing, though now I am doing something else.

A couple of things that puzzle me about that megaship (I do not know how much it was investigated - i went there a couple of weeks ago):
1) the plane originating the signal. 15ly away, but we have no indication from where. BUT, I found strange the precise indication of the megaship population in the first log: 17401. So my plan is to go investigate HIP 17401.
2) the comms log dates. All ascending, except the last one (4/5). Why?

Not too sure, it would be amazing though if we could link the Thetis ship. There are no dates on the logs for that to indicate how long of a span the crew started becoming crazy.. but it would be interesting to say the least.
Yep, i had a look at the thetis thing the other day and picked up on 2 things:
1.-6a debunked as ice world and signal 15lys away but maybe worth a revisit?
2. The plants are fine...yet we don't know what kind of plants, maybe tomato or from the or a planet?

As for the thargoid, i really hope the liquidized baby one holds up coz that's brilliant imo.
Still favour the nervous system attacks but could be either so resistences re: engineering might be a thing...
All about odyssey i think but welcome to DR. Banana's School of Mad Science...for fun.
They will come...but i suspect they will use story elements so not at first or mystery to be solved...bigger stuff later.

Last edited:
I strongly believe this (or want to :) ), as I wrote previously. It cannot be a coincidence... alien signal coming from an inhabited planed that drives people mad.
I want also to investigate a little bit more the Thetis thing, though now I am doing something else.

A couple of things that puzzle me about that megaship (I do not know how much it was investigated - i went there a couple of weeks ago):
1) the plane originating the signal. 15ly away, but we have no indication from where. BUT, I found strange the precise indication of the megaship population in the first log: 17401. So my plan is to go investigate HIP 17401.
2) the comms log dates. All ascending, except the last one (4/5). Why?

I don't want to derail the thread too much about the Thetis but i also cannot say for certain how much were investigated. I mean your automatic reaction to the logs is "that was terrifying" but "OMG LETS GO FIND THA THING", and nothing gets found :LOL: i did have a look myself but Canonn always have that stuff written up on their website whenever something is found.
Log 5 is just..... mad. Freaky. Disturbing. Could be that the ships transmission signals/logs just went haywire resulting in just 0's.

Yep, i had a look at the thetis thing the other day and picked up on 2 things:
1.-Low orbit...which may suggest they were on the planet which also begs the question, is it tenuous atmosphere?
2. The plants are fine...yet we don't know what kind of plants, maybe tomato or from the planet?

As for the thargoid, i really hope the liquidized baby one holds up coz that's brilliant imo.
Still favour the nervous system attacks but could be either so resistences re: engineering might be a thing...
All about odyssey i think but welcome to DR. Banana's School of Mad Science...for fun.
They will come...but i suspect they will use story elements so not at first or mystery to be solved...bigger stuff later.

I will need to go over the Thetis logs again later on as i cant quite remember log 1 - 4. 5 stuck in my mind though this whole time :eek::LOL:

Yeah, I'm hoping also.. or that we are sort of close. :cool:
Mad science FTW!

I don't want to derail the thread too much about the Thetis but i also cannot say for certain how much were investigated. I mean your automatic reaction to the logs is "that was terrifying" but "OMG LETS GO FIND THA THING", and nothing gets found :LOL: i did have a look myself but Canonn always have that stuff written up on their website whenever...
Okay, here's something that may also relate to the adamastor.
The thetis recieves the signal 15lys before 6a orbit but it is a generation ship?
That's a long time on a gen ship afaik.
Is there something affecting how we understand how ships travel, passage of time?
Back in adamastor land, murphy is in a comalike state, unresponsive...is that due to his proximity to the barnacle and why he is gone mentally, while others seem to show lesser effects? Same with signal maybe, not constant but progressive, like it triggered something?
Why is there a difference between the speed of many things?

Just ato add to the confirmation bias or tinfoil extrapolation, have done a few LPs and mysteries around the CSN - bubble area (W, NW & N of the bubble), and some of them have stories that can link up in various ways. I found one yesterday that had a partial message 'I have released the test subjects', I thought this isnt going to end well. But tinfoil could link it to behaviours later on.

I've watched too much X Files to see The Club as anything but Cancer Man et al, and played too much Fallout to see the Gen Ships and stuff as anything than another Vault experiment. And that last log I found was a typical Vault experiment.

Dangers of the Sea - So what? Red Herring or something else? Why was it important if it was important.

Just ato add to the confirmation bias or tinfoil extrapolation, have done a few LPs and mysteries around the CSN - bubble area (W, NW & N of the bubble), and some of them have stories that can link up in various ways. I found one yesterday that had a partial message 'I have released the test subjects', I thought this isnt going to end well. But tinfoil could link it to behaviours later on.

I've watched too much X Files to see The Club as anything but Cancer Man et al, and played too much Fallout to see the Gen Ships and stuff as anything than another Vault experiment. And that last log I found was a typical Vault experiment.

Dangers of the Sea - So what? Red Herring or something else? Why was it important if it was important.

Urgh, hate when that happens.
Danger of the sea might relate to salt, maybe ammonium, maybe aerosol particles...
They wouldn't have smelt it and if too much gets in the blood, attacks the central nervous system, can induce an unresponive or comalike state(murphy) and behaviour disorders(crew).
Not sure how but seems to fit...might be a barnacle thing and murphy too close, why effected the worst. Mad science, sponsored by the brains at bigmt.
Was that communication human, or signs of goid?

• Hello everyone, I skipped discussions and fell out for a few days ... (real life)
    Can you brief me on the matter?
    What has changed after the discovery of the words "body" when it was discovered that it needs to be set to 8 letters:

Okay, here's something that may also relate to the adamastor.
The thetis recieves the signal 15lys before 6a orbit but it is a generation ship?
That's a long time on a gen ship afaik.
Is there something affecting how we understand how ships travel, passage of time?
Back in adamastor land, murphy is in a comalike state, unresponsive...is that due to his proximity to the barnacle and why he is gone mentally, while others seem to show lesser effects? Same with signal maybe, not constant but progressive, like it triggered something?
Why is there a difference between the speed of many things?

That's true. I've been out of the ED loop the past few days as i haven't been on much, so I'm forgetting the distances of the Adamastor route from CSN. Is it 200ly from CSN to HIP 69200? i cant remember.
Funnily enough though, there is no date on the sidey log.. same day as they left 23b?
As for the Thetis.. 15ly.. same day again maybe? although it's a much shorter distance regarding the Ada's journey.
This could be the case for Murphy. Us players cannot leave our SRV's yet. In Odyssey we may get some kind of 'screen' effect being too close to the barnacles and
our health deteriorates over time or something.

I found one yesterday that had a partial message 'I have released the test subjects', I thought this isnt going to end well. But tinfoil could link it to behaviours later on.

Is this one of the INRA base logs by any chance?

• Hello everyone, I skipped discussions and fell out for a few days ... (real life)
    Can you brief me on the matter?
    What has changed after the discovery of the words "body" when it was discovered that it needs to be set to 8 letters:

Errr.. if its the "615ly body 3" decrypt your talking about then nothing unfortunately :( I think our next piece of anything is what Joshua has posted above. Just many tinfoil theory mad science shenanigans happening since then :p

Top Bottom