"The Stones"

I'm at this base now parked beside it. I have the logs.

Very spooky stuff.

The logs are spooky alone...

The spookier thing that has happened to me as i finished reading the logs is that i got some sort of voice coming through my comms. Yes, i am still parked beside this base :eek: as i type this.

All i managed to hear was muffled noise... and then "send help".

Anyone else hear this?

EDIT: yeah just had another. This one was different - muffled noise/gargled noises and then breathing. Freaked out but I'm staying for a bit, see if anything else comes through.
I'm sitting in my ship and not the SRV if anyone else wants to try this, its quieter in the ship so can hear more

EDIT 2: nothing since. Been sat here for 45 minutes. The two logs that came through were about 10-15 mins apart.
EDIT 3: First comm came through again about 30 seconds ago. Seems there are just the two comms that come through. Around 16:15 - 16:20 in game time.
EDIT 4: 16:30 second log came through, so at least 10 mins between the 2 comms. Possibly repeat every hour ish.

It might be nothing but i have never heard this before at a settlement.

Just in case you wanted the entire story from start to finish, this may help.

Haven't been back to check out the "other noises" but now that you've mentioned them, I may do that again. In a dark room. At night.

Went to the new site last night

didnt hear the voices, will have to check the times you said. However the Beacon and some objects are making the usual mechanic squawking noises and having read the logs I swear it sounded like that voice they mentioned, so not sure if it was that, but doesnt explain the other stuff they 'saw'...very interesting

Just in case you wanted the entire story from start to finish, this may help.

Haven't been back to check out the "other noises" but now that you've mentioned them, I may do that again. In a dark room. At night.

He is talking about a different site, not the one discovered for Halloween, but thanks for the repost anyway, it’s a good summary 😁

Went to the new site last night

didnt hear the voices, will have to check the times you said. However the Beacon and some objects are making the usual mechanic squawking noises and having read the logs I swear it sounded like that voice they mentioned, so not sure if it was that, but doesnt explain the other stuff they 'saw'...very interesting

I should of recorded it. But yeah just 2 comms coming through, thought it might of been something to do with the NPC ships flying around but nope, they weren't around when the comms came through.

Bug maybe? not entirely sure. But these comms i have never heard before. They were similar when your zoomed in on a Signal source in FSS mode.

Just static .... "send help" for the first comm
Gargled noise with very noticeable breathing for the second comm.

I took around 10 mins to gather the logs while having a look around at the same time. Went back to ship, got comfortable and read the logs. So lets say 15 ish mins from my arrival.
Hoping someone else can replicate here and my headphones aren't haunted :LOL:

I should of recorded it. But yeah just 2 comms coming through, thought it might of been something to do with the NPC ships flying around but nope, they weren't around when the comms came through.

Bug maybe? not entirely sure. But these comms i have never heard before. They were similar when your zoomed in on a Signal source in FSS mode.

Just static .... "send help" for the first comm
Gargled noise with very noticeable breathing for the second comm.

I took around 10 mins to gather the logs while having a look around at the same time. Went back to ship, got comfortable and read the logs. So lets say 15 ish mins from my arrival.
Hoping someone else can replicate here and my headphones aren't haunted :LOL:
They aren't, but if they are... mine are too😉

The base is the installation, a survey team found it years later...and then found out why it was 'empty'....but theres other stuff on the outside that tells a different story as well, the same story as other places that have recorded that story

Since everyone in here seems to be in the mood to solve some riddles I would like to suggest one that has, as far as I know, not been solved yet as well:

Where did the battle between CMDR Jameson and the Thargoid mothership took place and where is the wreckage of the latter?

Of the parties involved we only know the following (setting spoilers in case some people still want to discover these locations by themselves):

1) CMDR Jameson flew an older model of the Cobra Mk III, fitted as a fighter craft. So I think that its jumprange was propably not as high as its most modern iteration and that it was not stripped down for max range to fit shields, armor and weapons. It will most likely have had a fuelscoop though.

2) Jameson started from the INRA base 'Taylor Keep' on 12 Trianguli A 1. I guess it is safe to assume that the briefing he recieved told him to return there after the fight.

3) Jameson crashed on HIP 12099 1b after some unknown sabotage on his Cobra by INRA got triggered that left it dead in space. The fact that the INRA base 'Stack' is on the neighboring planet HIP 12099 1a is most likely not a coincidence.

4) The only clue that I know of about the mothership is that it attacked and destroyed the INRA base 'Carmichael Point' on HIP 16824 A 2f, possibly also abducting everyone at that base.

The base is the installation, a survey team found it years later...and then found out why it was 'empty'....but theres other stuff on the outside that tells a different story as well, the same story as other places that have recorded that story

Ah yes, that makes sense. I was thinking that the base was the survey team base and that the abandoned base was somewhere else.

Top Bottom