Engineers The Technetium Thread

Finally!

After an hour of searching RNGesus finally shone his light upon me at Windji A1. I found 3, YES 3, metallic meteorites at the same time, ie they all were available to target from srv at the same time, each one had 2 chunks of (3) techtenium in each!!!! Thanks for all the help on here guys. Finally get my rapid fire pulse onthe fdl!

After 800 hours in the game i randomly found my first Technetium at Partha 2 whilst looking for Tin.
I found 6 within 100m.

V491 PERSEI 2 have 1.3% and 1.5G so driving's not a mess. Also that 1.5% EDDB data is not correct. There's no technetium on 15 f Leonis 11 i so trust your eyes more :D

A good tip is actually NOT to trust your eyes on your surface mining ship, but find room for a Detailed Surface Scanner, instead of wasting countless hours spinning around a planets surface on the say so of EDDB, Inara, EDI (Which are sometime right sometimes wrong), or what ever 3rd party app you use, zap the planet with a scan prior and it will tell EXACTLY what is is going to give you.

I quite like rapid fire MC's with a bit of incendiary thrown in.

Find most of my Technetium in Tetrian - as another poster mentioned.

I don't know if it is by design or just coincidence but I always tend to find more metallic meteorites in the bottom of craters, usually around the mountain in the centre, which I assume is the big flying rock that made the crater in the first place. Anyway works for me.

Last edited:
A good tip is actually NOT to trust your eyes on your surface mining ship, but find room for a Detailed Surface Scanner, instead of wasting countless hours spinning around a planets surface on the say so of EDDB, Inara, EDI (Which are sometime right sometimes wrong), or what ever 3rd party app you use, zap the planet with a scan prior and it will tell EXACTLY what is is going to give you.

Sure, this is great advice. Spend time in outfitting, fly to various systems, up to each planet, scan it, review it then go to the next one. Or use external tools that, while never 100% accurate give you a VERY good idea of what's where and the VAST majority of the time are correct and save you a huge amount of time. That's what advanced players do, sure it is. Let me guess when you need a module you fly from station to station looking through outfitting on each until you find what you need - rather than, oh I don't know, going to EDDB and putting in everything you need and where you are. Sure once in a blue moon it'll be wrong but if you even play a moderate amount this will save you a HUGE amount of time.

But hey, you're right that a detailed surface scanner will give you accurate results. Unless there's a bug in the game, of course that would never happen either would it?

After 800 hours in the game i randomly found my first Technetium at Partha 2 whilst looking for Tin.
I found 6 within 100m.

800 hours and you only just found Technetium? I guess you just bought Horizons and did you first planetary landings? While rare it's not that rare.

How has this not been mentioned... There is a barnacle on a technetium planet.

0.8% Technetium
Pleiades Sector CQ-P b5-0 B 2
Coordinates: -10.4022, 80.203
LifeCycle: ABC (it's Ripe all the time)

Thanks, I was there to check. Technetium confirmed, but the drop rate was too slow for my taste.

I've been very successful gathering Technetium and Molybetium in the following location:

ARAKAPAJO B2 (System Arakapajo).

• Technetium (1.5%)
  • Molybdenum (2.8%)

The key is to head to rough and non-flat terrain, preferably high mountains, and search around.

If, after 5 to 10 picks you don't get a single of this two, close the session and restart. If you happen to start a session with presence of this two, you'll get more than a handful.

I got +40 Technetium and +70 Molybetium in one hour.

Good luck out there commanders...

In addition to using the material filter on EDDB, I also check the listed body to make sure there are no other competing mats of the same level.
Ie, for Tc I don't want to dilute my rng with other G4 mats, unless I need those too.

I think Tamor 1 is the body I have bookmarked for Tc.
Tc is 1.2% but no competing mats.

https://eddb.io/body/1377622

Also the crashed Anaconda doesn't give Tc afaik.

Last edited:
In addition to using the material filter on EDDB, I also check the listed body to make sure there are no other competing mats of the same level.

!!!
I have a bookmark somewhere (among thousands) where somebody explained competing materials in E : D praxis. Was it You?

(Conda gives Tellurium)

Last edited:
!!!
I have a bookmark somewhere (among thousands) where somebody explained competing materials in E : D praxis. Was it You?

(Conda gives Tellurium)

No, but I've seen it mentioned several times.
Anecdotally, I think it has helped me quite a bit.

I also fly the srv as much as possible to cover more ground.

I've been very successful gathering Technetium and Molybetium in the following location:

ARAKAPAJO B2 (System Arakapajo).

• Technetium (1.5%)
  • Molybdenum (2.8%)

The key is to head to rough and non-flat terrain, preferably high mountains, and search around.

If, after 5 to 10 picks you don't get a single of this two, close the session and restart. If you happen to start a session with presence of this two, you'll get more than a handful.

Verified. Also tons of Niobium, good drop of Arsenic. Lots of Encoded and HGEs with proto and shielding stuff. [up]

EDIT: scratch that, since the patch - not a single Technetium, zero, none, nadda, nope, no chance , no way

Last edited:
Wow, my old thread is still going with some fairly recent posts.

OK, if it helps anyone, here's a tip from your genial old min/maxing Federal Vigilante PvP Executioner:

Go to
the HIP 35755 system.

Fly towards planet 7 A.

Look in left panel for the Tourist Beacon for the Lava Spouts, which you'll see from Supercruise.

Drop on the beacon, harvest the mat-dropping volcanic thingies. It's a really nice flat crater for driving around (coming with my personal min/maxer's Seal of Approval - 'Farm Easy, Farm Happy') so you'll be done in no time. Technetium drops from the Needle Crystals, and iirc you should find four, meaning 12 Technetium.

The volcanism won't refresh for 14 days, meaning the above is not suitable for really extended gathering, like making 6 x g5 Rapid Fire weapons. But as it's basically instant and guaranteed, it's eminently suitable for a short RNGineering foray, or just giving you a head start on a longer one.

o7

Truesilver

Top Bottom