The Thargoid and Fer-de-Lance

Thargoidnew_zpsfdf4d0a2.gif

Good evening and welcome to the Thargoid and Fer-de-Lance.​

We are finally open! I've been planning this for ages, the paint is hardly dry and we've just had a delivery of Jameson's. We are still short of chairs, but you might appreciate the chance to stretch those space-weary legs. My thanks to Mobius for the lovely new sign.

I am Garthyre your hostess. My staff and I are here to make you feel at home.

This is the place for news, views and chat. Come here if you want to share something, but don't feel it right to start a whole thread.

For instance:

Did anyone see the fleeting glimpse of @DavidBraben on Click during Kate Russell's Webscape segment, yesterday?​

Not worth a thread, but definitely worth a mention.

This is also the home for memes:

I have an extensive library of books for you to borrow to help pass the time on those long explorations, but please feel free to add your own if you think they'll be read by my discerning clientele. New just in:

Time Enough for Lave
The Krait With The Dragon Paintjob
The Coriolis Vacancy​

While everyone is welcome, I may suggest that some discussions deserve spinning off into their own thread. This isn't the same as asking you to take it outside, just that some ideas deserve more room.

Also, please let us all know about your achievements and promotions. It's a big galaxy out there - if you have done something you're especially proud of, this is where you will find an interested audience. So if you have finally lost your Harmless status or if you have just attained Dangerous, we want to hear about it.

Yes, I do plan to still be open in 13 months time. And beyond.

We're pretty informal here, just order a drink when you come in and make yourself at home. Just don't sit in Sheldon's spot.

The Wall of Elite: Dangerous Commanders​

Last edited:
Before I can serve you a pan-galactic gargle blaster, I need to see proof of age (35+). Also you need to be single under Barnard's Star licensing laws. It's one of the things you say goodbye to when you get married.

You look about 14. Have a lemonade.

illu Minti

Deadly, But very fluffy...
Hey Garthyre, thanks for the welcome, damn cosy place you got here. Am just a harmless old timer thats been lurking in witch space for some time, so long in fact, i cant remember my name! hopefully come back to me sometime after Monday! ;)..meantime do you stock any of that old booze from Lave system, Newky brown ale? :p

Last edited:
<wanders in and looks around - places a copy of Warp and Peace on the bookshelf>
A Zaquessoian evil juice please, barkeep... and do have one yourself!

Hey Garthyre, thanks for the welcome, pretty damn cosy place you got here. Am just a harmless old timer, been lurking in witch space some time, in fact cant remember my name! hopefully come back to me sometime after Monday! ;)..meantime do you stock any of that old booze from Lave system, Newky brown ale? :p

One bottle, one half-pint glass - is that ok?

Got any dark corners for me to sit in and nurse a pint or two? Got nothing much to do until the new forums open up tomorrow. Hope you're open 24/7?

...and hey, lone gunman, when you do remember your name could you write it up on the board over there? Thanks!

Got any dark corners for me to sit in and nurse a pint or two? Got nothing much to do until the new forums open up tomorrow. Hope you're open 24/7?

You can do that. There's a 4-dimensional pool table over there that could keep you occupied for a few hours. You have to pay for any balls you lose, though.

Excuse me!

Got a delivery of 15 Cases of "Brabens Mega Brandy" for a Miss Garthyre. where you wont it luv?;)

illu Minti

Deadly, But very fluffy...
One bottle, one half-pint glass - is that ok?

Wouldn't want it any other way! ;) line them up good lady, am settling in for the night, feet up, smoking alittle, watching some of the most cut throat scum i have ever seen(i think thats Mobius and Caribou over there? :p) my hand on my Lawgiver in case( Dredd has nothing on me! :eek:) drunk already, getting my fiction mixed!

and hell yeah, name up on board when my head clears, cheers to many years! :p

Commander Didfool enters the place and asks for a Lave Martini. I know they're weak, but I'm a better shot when I'm sober. I'll stick to the bar in the light, just to make myself notorious and then prey on those who thought I'd be easy to kill >:·D

My ship's out of action for refitting and I'm feeling homesick and nostalgic for my old home on dull Orerve -- sure I wanted adventure but we all need the occasional break from excitement, right? But this seems like a friendly place. I'll take whatever passes for a pint of ale, a newspaper and a board game in these parts.

You don't by any chance have Eccentrica Gallumbits on your payroll? I bumped into her on Eroticon 6 and she mentioned she "worked" here ;)

Last edited:
Getting a bit crowded in here now... Think I'll finish up my pint and slope off to watch the highlights of Elite league football in my ship-cabin. It's the Galactic Superbowl on later tonight isn't it? Looks like I might end up losing some sleep...

Sorry guys, I am hoping to install a holoscreen for sport nights, but it depends how popular this place is as to whether I can afford it. For now you're all going to have to talk to each other.

I'll take on all comers at the 4D pool table. I'm the meanest and the fastest, and anyone who told you that they let the wookie win is a big fat liar!

Top Bottom